SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Love will always limit our liberty

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Croref

Love will always limit our liberty

Love will always limit our liberty. When love ceases transgressions increase to destroy the soul; with the disposition greatly weakened and now being without restraints or ability to resist, the intensity of self-gratification becomes overpowering. Lust now decides, not God!

It was not the unilateral power of God that won the victory for Jesus but Jesus’ love and allegiance to the Father that could only release God’s Power to Him for the victory.
The victory must be from man alone for it to accomplish the full purposes of God for having created him. With the complete devotion of His Heart revealed to Father, God withheld nothing from Jesus. Though sin would continually couch at His door, His love TO God kept Satan at bay. This is why Jesus was crowned by God and highly exalted by Him. This why it will be Jesus, "SON of MAN" coming again in clouds of Glory!

2012/11/22 8:45Profile
turn

USA

Re: Love will always limit our liberty

He that has my commandments and keeps them, he it is that loves me: and he that loves me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. - John 14:21

Keep yourselves in the love of God... - Jude 1:21

2012/11/22 10:10Profile
Croref

Re:

Amen! We must strive to do it as Jesus did and for the same reasons He did it. That's kingdom 'speak' to me. cf John 17:3.

2012/11/22 10:27Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

I say, *lack of love* will always limit our liberty

Hello Croref,

You wrote: "The victory must be from man alone for it to accomplish the full purposes of God for having created him."

Without Jesus we are nothing. We may feel we have learned something but without His Grace, even the things we think we know will not be remembered and we will be lost. The victory was Jesus on the cross and now sitting at the Right Hand of God.

ws

2012/11/22 10:47Profile
Croref

Re: I say, *lack of love* will always limit our liberty

by White_Stone on 2012/11/22 7:47:18

Hello Croref,

You wrote: "The victory must be from man alone for it to accomplish the full purposes of God for having created him."

Without Jesus we are nothing. We may feel we have learned something but without His Grace, even the things we think we know will not be remembered and we will be lost. The victory was Jesus on the cross and now sitting at the Right Hand of God.

ws

Given what I wrote, why do you conclude I don't understand all that??

Could Jesus do it without the Father?? Can we do without the Father? OMT, this is not about our salvation but becoming in Him what was purposed for us to become AFTER our being saved by Father's, grace.

2012/11/22 11:01Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Croref, I also had a problem understanding this phrase, "The victory must be from man alone for it to accomplish the full purposes of God..."

All the victories I have experience came with the assistance of the Holy Spirit. I could never accomplish any alone.

QUOTE:
" Given what I wrote, why do you conclude I don't understand all that??"

Croref, not everybody reads all your posts... So, yes, I am still puzzled about this phrase. Perhaps you could clarify?

ginnyrose

2012/11/22 23:18Profile
Croref

Re:

by ginnyrose on 2012/11/22 20:18:56

Croref, I also had a problem understanding this phrase, "The victory must be from man alone for it to accomplish the full purposes of God..."

All the victories I have experience came with the assistance of the Holy Spirit. I could never accomplish any alone.

What assistance did you get that your love did not generate?

QUOTE:
" Given what I wrote, why do you conclude I don't understand all that??"

Croref, not everybody reads all your posts... So, yes, I am still puzzled about this phrase. Perhaps you could clarify?

ginnyrose

Do you the one that has to do with obedience?

2012/11/23 8:13Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Croref, may I ask? do you live in a foreign country where you just learned to read/speak English? The reason I ask is because this question is confusing - it seems to lack a few words, which leaves me guessing what you mean.

So, I am assuming you are asking "does God not expect obedience?" To this question I will say "Yes." Without obedience we will not see the LORD.

Are we understanding each other now?

2012/11/23 9:37Profile
Croref

Re:

And will love TO Him not give it without Him asking?

2012/11/23 9:40Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Ginny,

You're right.

He does speak another language.

What kind of a reply was that?

2012/11/23 10:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy