Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : This has set me to wonder

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Sree

Re: This has set me to wonder

Quote:

This has set me to wonder to what degree he hit upon Jesus full well knowing what Jesus was about to do that would usher in his demise. What did Jesus endure that when compared to what we think is overwhelming and cry out to be delivered from, God allowed IN Him to suffer through, much as in the strength God trusted Job to endure?

Here is a piece of Scripture that will answer your question on how Jesus endured.

Hebrews 5 -7:-
In the days of His flesh, He offered up both prayers and supplications with loud crying and tears to the One able to save Him from death, and He was heard because of His piety. Although He was a Son, He learned obedience from the things which He suffered.

Jesus himself had to pray with tears to save himself from being spiritually dead, how much more should we pray to overcome the schemes of the devil? Are we willing to suffer to be obedient to God, who is now our king?

2012/11/19 14:42Profile
Croref

Re:

by Sree on 2012/11/19 11:42:44

If we make this verse say this, would it not be accurate and would not be the motivation behind Jesus' obedience?

Hebrews 5 -7:-
In the days of His flesh, He offered up both prayers and supplications with loud crying and tears to the One able to save Him from death, and He was heard because of His love as a Son, He learned obedience from the things which He suffered.

By that passage we might be given to conclude Jesus was pleading to the Father for His life but, that can't be true because though His soul was troubled; what could He say? "Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I to this hour." John 12:27 (KJV)

I believe this is what needs be "learned": Motivated by our love TO God as our Father ___"Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds. Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin." Hebrews 12:2-4 (KJV)

Is this not one of life's lessons in the Holy Spirit we must appropriate for success in John 17:3: "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up." James 4:7-10 (KJV)

This is where I am in my understanding and Spiritual endeavors; the end result being, "And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me." John 12:32 (KJV)

2012/11/20 6:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy