SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : DELIVERANCE FROM SODOM by David Wilkerson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 DELIVERANCE FROM SODOM by David Wilkerson

Most of us think of Sodom as a type of modern-day wicked city such as San Francisco, New York or New Orleans. But the truth is, we need only to look at our own hearts to find Sodom. We are all born with a Sodomite nature—a heart that is exceedingly wicked, full of every evil thing. “Yea, in your heart ye work wickedness; ye weigh the violence of your hands in the earth” (Psalm 58:2)

I believe the following passage reveals how God delivers us out of Sodom:

"According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust" (2 Peter 1:3-4).

God comes to us in our deluded, bound condition with powerful promises of full and complete deliverance. He says, "I pledge to deliver you and keep you from iniquity. I will give you a heart to obey Me, so now let My promises lay hold of you."

What a wonderful, freeing truth. We are led out of our sin as we lay hold of God's promises. Think about it for a moment. Peter says the believers he was addressing in this epistle had "escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust" (verse 4). How did these Christians escape sin? They were given divine power—life and godliness—through their faith in God's promises.

Beloved, your Father wants you to know fullness of joy in Christ. That joy will break out only as you are freed from the power of sin. So, allow the Holy Spirit to go into the womb of your lusts and remove everything that is unlike Christ. Pray to the Lord right now:

"Oh, Father, I agree with You about my sin. The stench of my compromise has reached into heaven and I know it has to go immediately. Lord, I receive Your loving, divine ultimatum and I lay everything down before You. Set fire to everything wicked in me and let Your promises take hold of my heart. Lead me to the mountain of Your holiness."

2012/11/16 16:15Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy