SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Reporting offensive threads and post...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Hi Jasmine, I appreciate your concerns and I share them. It is deeply troubling to me that so many professing Christians who get caught up in politics become anti poor and pour scorn on those on welfare and so on, whatever the color, it is so unChristlike.

The hatemongers of the day, people like Rush Limbaugh and others are now pushing the message of " makers and takers." It is so divisive to seperate this country into two camps and it is certainly a work of the enemy. Love of the poor has always been and will always be one of the true marks of a Christian.

True Christians will be known for their love for one another and their love for the " world." For we know that God so loved the world, while it was yet in its sin, that He sent His precious Son to die on a cross for it. All we Christians should be identified for the exemplary lives that we live. We should not be know as the guy who is against more taxes or the guy who a Republican or the guy who is against gun control, we should be known as the guy who loves Jesus so much that it has radically affected his life, we should be known as people for whom Jesus is pre-eminent in our lives. I suggest to all, if we are not known for that then we should start there, rather than follow the rising tide of people who consider themselves to be the makers and the rest are the takers. this is a truly self-righteous proud stand and this is the Scripture that jumps out at me to speak to what I see in this new political season................

And He spoke this parable to certain ones who trusted in themselves, that they were righteous, and despised others: Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a tax-collector. The Pharisee stood and prayed within himself in this way: God, I thank You that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax-collector. I fast twice on the Sabbath, I give tithes of all that I possess. And standing afar off, the tax-collector would not even lift up his eyes to Heaven, but struck on his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner! I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other. For everyone who exalts himself shall be abased, and he who humbles himself shall be exalted.
(Luk 18:9-14)

2012/11/16 12:07
Goldminer

Alabama

generalization on all fronts is hurtful

I started not to post of this discussion, but felt after reading a while that I should share a bit of my feelings about it.

First of all there seems to be an assumption that all people of other races would view this video as the norm for the black men. I see that as a generalization that is unfair in itself. I think any thinking human being would have known that this guy was just a messed up foolish guy that is not living for anybody but himself, and especially in need of Jesus. I wonder what the comments would have been if there had been a white redneck in the video. Would anybody have associated the entire white male population with that person. I think not. I think we would have viewed it the same as I viewed it, as a person that was operating in welfare fraud and should be held accountable. I do not mind my tax dollars going to those in real need, but I do not like paying for people who have the attitude this young able bodied man had. Did anyone, including the so called Judge Judy, who I do not watch, even think about the poor landlord that got stiffed when money was given to pay the rent? Did anybody even mention it? It sounded like both people were living in the apartment, and nobody even considered the theft that was done to owner. When I saw this, what I saw was that there is no accountability to those who receive these funds, funds you and I furnished through our taxes, and being a small business owner ours are substantial. The individuals receiving money for rent should be required to produce receipts for the payment to the correct places for the funds they received. The welfare administration is failing to make sure people are using the money correctly, and as you could see by the young man's comments it had become a joke. I see people all the time at the store buying the dumbest things with their food stamps, both black, white, and hispanic in race. In our area there are a large number of people of all colors who don't want to work, and laugh because they don't need to, and you and I pay for it. Sorry I don't think that is right no matter what color they are.

I feel a bit sad because I feel a generalization was made here, and I know there have been many inhumanities to man that have taken place over the years that have caused that. I am white, but have fought all my life against predjudice. I hate it, Christ hates it. I have 4 friends that I go to conferences with, share things out of the same plate with, etc, would trust with my life, two are white, and two are black. I see no difference in them, they are my friends. I think that we can all generalize from our own persepective, but we need to stop it no matter what color we are. To think that all people will view the entire black male population like this foolish man is not right. I watched a video a while back of a white hunter that sprayed himself with female deer scent and a stag came along an kicked the tar out of him. Just because that man was foolish I did not think the entire white male population was just as foolish. That would be the same kind of generalization. That hurts everybody. I think we should remember that not everybody wants to believe the worst of anybody no matter what their color. Not everybody takes the few that do dumb things and labels that on everybody. That would be taking our progress in love and acceptance backwards.

I would like to share a little article I wrote a few years back, and had published, for you enjoyment here
http://www.yenoba.com/albert.html

I have determined to know no man after the flesh, but according to the heart.

Love and blessing to you

2012/11/16 12:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy