SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Afraid to call Roman Catholicism Heresy? (moderators please read/respond)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
ArtB

New York

Re:

Hezwelling, my wife and I attend a Park Free Evangelical Church on Sunday's. And on Saturdays, we go and partake in a Messianic Christian Church where most members are Jewish Christians. It is a wonderful fellowship, very informative and very 'Yeshua' centered.

Recently we attended 'Succoth' there, Feast of Booths, it was wonderful, festive, Dancing with many children dancing too, and a portence of a Biblical appointment to come, and in my view, coming soon. God has assured that the time when the eyes of all Jews will be opened, and all will be saved. I believe that that time of the gentiles being saved is nearing the end, and All True Israel will be saved, and know their true saviour, Yeshua.

2012/11/13 14:30Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re: A Reminder of our Lord's own caution

makrothumia's

Quote:
May the Lord grant us wisdom in how to recognize the "tares" in our midst without uprooting our brethren in the process.

Very good wisdom here.

2012/11/13 15:27Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, i think that all churches have a great deal of error in them and romanism and mormonism are at the head of the list.... this is not how we shoud look at those people in all the churches. only 2 types... the lost and the saved and both need God and we should be about loving each enough to minister the Love of Jesus to them. let us take the name tags off of the people we see and love them enough to minister Jesus and Him crucified in God given wisdom.jimp

2012/11/13 15:40Profile

Re:

Wheat & Tares refers CLEARLY to the assembly of those who name the name of Christ, NOT false teachers. Jesus, Pauk, Peter, & John spoke CLEARLY about wolves, false teachers, false teaching/doctrine, etc. Whole different subject from wheat/Tares (the people).

2012/11/13 16:16
Solomon101

America's Flyover Country

Re:

Jeffmar -

1. the moderators have made their position clear. You are aware that continuation is rebellion to them.

2. It is also clear that they, and virtually all here, would be in agreement with your views on Catholicism.

3. It is also clear that this is a topic that has been beaten to death on SI. You are not bringing anything new to the table. Your exact words, scriptures, etc. are all in the forums postings over and over. More of the same isn't necessary

4. The continuation of it in no way accomplishes the sites purpose of ,"The mission of SermonIndex is the preservation and propagation of classical Biblical preaching and the promotion of Christ-centered revival to this generation."

5. You have been, and are, encouraged to pursue that at sites that major on it. I use some of those sites myself.. as do others here. Let each site do what it is called to do. Don't try to make the hand be the foot.

6. If you really are this worked up over it and feel "compelled" to pursue it then by all means do so! But do so in a place that it actually applies!

Brother, please consider this. You claim to be shining the light on the errors of Catholicism. Most all here agree with your points. Perhaps that is all you are looking for. You just want some" that's right" amens from the choir. If so you have had them and move on. However, if you are looking to actually deliver people from darkness why in the world are you spending time and energy on this site doing it?!?! This is a waste of God's resources in your life if you are called to that.

Consider that
1. There are no Catholics using this site
2. You are not changing anyones mind here or bringing anything new to the table. Most everyone here basically agrees with you and what you are saying. It has all also already been said hundreds of times over.

If you really believe God has called you to this then get off of this website and get your tail out there where those Catholics are! Pray for them, love them, share the truth with them. That may return fruit. However, to post endlessly here on a site that no one disagrees with you over it... and to do so in direct violation of the moderators requests is rebellion.

If it is your calling....get off these posts and go fulfill it. If you just need "attaboys" then you have had them. Other than that there is no reason to post on it further other than to just show disrespect and argumentativeness to those who administer this site.

If you are so strongly passionate I would believe that perhaps God has called you to minister in this arena. However, there is no one here to do that with! Go out where lots of Catholics are and do it! Love, share, shine light, bring truth, ask key question that help them find the truth ... if you are called to it... then go do it! I, and many, encourage you in it!

Perhaps a better frame of questions and posts for you might be on asking those who have been successful in reaching Catholics how they did so. Those are pieces of truth that you, and most of us, could use to help deliver people.

I think all here appreciate your zeal. It is just a bit misdirected in this thread. Find the proper focus and you may experience much fruit being born out of it.

Blessings JeffMar

2012/11/13 16:48Profile
MichaelLiao

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: Afraid to call Roman Catholicism Heresy? (moderators please read/respond)

Dear Brother Jeff Marshall,

It's not that the moderators do not care about the Roman Catholic Church being an apostate institute or believing that any religion for that matter is good. Yes, we as Christians hold to Christ and Christ alone being the Only Way to God. But the fact is, this is not a place to just simply call out other groups who we do not agree with. The purpose for the SermonIndex forum to to edify the Body of Christ at large with sound teaching and help each other grow in the grace and the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ (2 Peter 3:18). If there is an attack on this forum with false teaching as we have experienced in the past, we will call them out and ask them respectfully to leave. We are to guard the flock from false teaching, that is true.

But, I would say that for every true Christian, God is faithful in bringing His sheep out from false teaching in His timing and His way. Jeremiah 32:40 reads, "I will make with them an everlasting covenant, that I will not turn away from doing good to them. And I will put the fear of me in their hearts, that they may not turn from me." For every true Christian, God puts the fear of Him in their hearts so that they will not turn away from Him. That is a glorious truth. I say this with experience, I used to be in a cult before called the Local Church Movement; a movement that deviated from Watchman Nee's original teachings and the leader Witness Lee started to put his own theology into the church. They had a lot of truth, but there was a little bit of poison behind their teachings. But God was faithful enough to bring me out of that movement. If the LORD loves His people, He will do everything in His power to protect His flock from turning away from Him. Yes, there are a lot of heresies out there, but rest in God. It is not up to you to save them, it's up to Him. And frankly I say this, as I was discerning a lot of what you are writing, you are writing a lot from your flesh. I do not know if you want some glory for yourself in writing this or a seeking of attention, but I ask that you please repent and stop what you are doing. If all the Body of Christ is going to just calling out other people, do not be surprised when you start growing a legalistic spirit in your heart. If all we do is look outside and see their problems, we can easily forget the many logs that are lodged within our own eyes. As one brother said, "Truth without love is a killer, but love without truth is a liar." I pray Dear Brother that you will grow more and more in Christ and I say this without hatred towards you, but with love and encouragement.

God help us all....

Your Servant in Jesus' Name,

- Michael Liao

2012/11/13 17:54Profile

Re:

Quote:
1. There are no Catholics using this site

That actually isn't so.

I can't remember the username, maybe Andy something or other I think, but there is, I think, a fairly frequent user here who is a convert TO (not from) the RCC, and he's defended his choice on several threads. I would naturally assume he's not the only one either, as ecumenism is being pushed at an alarming rate recently.

Before, when we had the private message option, I had received PM's from a user imploring me to consider the "truths" of the RCC and consider joining it as well. He stated he was also a former protestant who had converted (he said he actually used to enjoy this site as a protestant) and now had to share the "truth" with others.

I think there are possibly more people trapped in that lie who both use and stumble across this site than we'd like to think.

Just saying.

2012/11/13 18:57

Re:

@jeffmar

Send me an email (my address is in my profile).

2012/11/13 18:58

Re:

Forgive my ignorance, but how do I find your profile? :-)

2012/11/13 20:15

Re:

There should be a little underlined hyper-link under my post that says 'Profile'. My email address will be on there.

2012/11/13 20:35

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy