SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Today is a special day...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

Today is a special day...

Today.
Jesus' followers were to look on the calendar, and if it said "today," then they were to celebrate it as special, and they were to mark that celebration with a few simple "observances."
They were to commemorate every "today" by a simple, childlike dependence and trust on their Father: "Give us today our daily bread" (Matthew 6:11).
They were to observe every "today" by a quiet, peaceful focus on the priorities of the current moment: "I tell you not to worry about everyday life…Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and He will give you everything you need. So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today" (Matthew 6:25, 33-34).
They were to celebrate every "today" by a decision to live for Jesus' satisfaction rather than their own: "If anyone would come after Me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow Me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for Me will save it" (Luke 9:23-24).
For the followers of Jesus, every day was a celebration of life under God's loving care. Each day was a "special day"!

This is a small excerpt from a teaching. I just thought I would share it because I liked how encouraging it was to me especially in the times we live. Each day with JESUS truly is special and HE is worthy of all my thanks and praise!

God bless
mj

2012/11/12 21:27Profile
David01-72

Texas

Re: Today is a special day...

AMEN!

2012/11/13 0:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy