SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Prayer request -

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Prayer request -

The church that I previously went to and really love, the pastor who I respect is stepping down and I had a run in with the assistant elder who is Korean, they blame his attitude on his culture but when you are trying to discuss a bible verse and liturally shaking and crying before
He used the verses in 2 tim 1 to talk about submission to leaders and then a over emphasis on modesty, the problem is that our church already has a policy on this and was deemphasising not hugging
I have been so lonely and all I need is a hug at this time and am in disarray as when I looked into the verse into all the commentaries none of them mention the aspects that he brought up other than Korean confusionism or authoritarianism when you deemphasis the service aspects of scripture and more emphasis the submission scriptures, his first comment to me was submission in a hard tone
As he is becoming the next pastor of our church I do not know what to do or where to go , he was advocating not talking to girls and I almost felt like a criminal in the church , he almost wants to control relationships in the church and I found very similar traits with Korean cults
All I feel like is I am personally attacked in prayer for just speaking or just being there
I so love Christian fellowship, I just do not know what to do other than cry
I cry each day and night for the holy spirit, lost souls and a spouse
I am so lonely and do not know who to trust even myself
Does god answer my tears ? I am scared of god that he would judge me for missing church , I am scared I do not know what to do where to go ,

2012/11/11 14:31Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: Prayer request -

I do not know how to sort out all you have shared, but I will pray for God to guide you. Are there no other places of fellowhip in your area? If not, I feel that house churches work in many places around the world. Invite other believers to your house for prayer, worship, and bible reading. I believe that this will be the norm in the days of persecution ahead.

2012/11/11 22:07Profile

Brother,
I send you a hug :-) The Lord Jesus loves you. He does not bring condemnation. Please know that you are not going to be judged by God for missing church! Sounds like you need another situation as Goldminer suggested.

Lord, hold deltatom close and assure him of your love. Lead him in the way he will be taught the Word in love with loving Christians. In Jesus Name
Sister Leslie

2012/11/11 23:13

And....

2012/11/11 23:31

Re: And....

Pray for this pastor and love him with the love of Christ in you!!!! Important.

2012/11/11 23:33

Hey Delta. It seems to me that you have been operating under the control of a religious spirit for some time. The church does not emphasize what you do, or how you act as much as who you become; that is bare fruit in love as you learn to walk with God.

What you have described seems a painful and controlling spirit, obviously, but can you see how much you are bound to it? If you cannot speak to sisters, [ or others] because you are rebellious, then how can you be loved, or even counted as a brother?

This is pure legalism, and it kills the spirit, even as you are being quenched out. What is the answer? First realize that God wants you to learn to walk with Him primarily. This is the first principle of what LORDSHIP really is.

Secondly, ask Him to provide for you....both a body of His choice, and a helpmate of His choice.

"Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty."

That means Freedom and Love. This, evidently, is not the spirit of your church, but the opposite...for the letter kills....as you are experiencing.

So, you must leave, and trust God. He loves you, and you must believe that He is able, and willing to restore you and keep you as He provides for you. Belonging to a church or fellowship often has very little to do with walking with God, and your duty is to allow God to be your head; not men.

Yes, God has set men in the body to Shepherd His flock, and they must possess a heart of Love, but not control. Control is different from Godly authority. Godly shepherding always directs the flock to relationship with Jesus as their Head, not themselves.

This also is the mark of a false shepherd; one who must be the head and master of the church.

"Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears."

This is the bondage that has hurt you so deeply. I feel for you, but this will not help you, though I will pray. Get back up, dust yourself off, and step out onto the water; the unknown, and seek that city not built with the hands of men. I know that if you do, and don't give up, God will provide, for He has never forsaken any who continue to seek after Him. Move on, believing.

Be open and let us know about your journey...In Christ and His mercies.....Tom.

2012/11/12 10:29
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

I am thankful for your prayers, advise I. just do not know what to do

2012/11/13 7:27Profile
learn

Re:

Dear deltadom,

Hugs to you. I do think that you have to look for another church.I also feel that you have to learn to trust God and look up His promises. I suspect that the devil is influencing you partly by making you extremely lonely (could be wronhg here). You can be lonely without the devil's influence but from what you describe,could it be that the devil has a part in making your loneliness worse.

I say this from experience. During many moments of my horrible spiritual warfare, one of the things that I experienced was extreme loneliness. Even when I was with people, the pain could be unbearable and I had to excuse myself to groan and cry. Fight with scriptures. Pray, read the bible. Submit to God, resist the devil and he will flee from you--James 4:7 Know that the devil cannot control your emotions unless you allow it to. I know its hard since he may already had a foot onto you. I say this with love and compassion, hoping and praying that you will be victorious.

2012/11/13 10:51Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy