SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : The Tipping point. The election, and the GREAT FALLING AWAY.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

The Tipping point. The election, and the GREAT FALLING AWAY.

***FALLING AWAY***
"That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition."********

***STRONG DELUSION***

"With all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

And for this cause***** God ***** shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.*********
*****OVERWHELMED*****
From the days of the founding Pilgrims, Plymouth Rock and the early Colonies, the Word of God was the founding thread in our government, schools and laws of conduct and commerce. The culture was overwhelmed with this Biblical ideology, and it affected every corner of our society, and therefore political venture.

This election, to me, was a harbinger, a token of the end of the America we knew. I do not believe that the candidates , or policy had much to do with it. I do not believe that we, as a nation, will ever recover.

Selfishness and personal lust and ambition had everything to with it; the reason is that the influence of the Gospel has diminished over the last 70 years, and now has drained out to the point of overwhelming our culture, and irrelevant in the eyes of most Americans.

Most Americans voted for their own well being and prosperity, no matter what is right and holy, and I believe that this election will be the norm now, as long as America lives. Judgment will increase now, and our government will descend into more division and chaos, and this is a sad thing for me.

2012/11/9 13:49
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: The Tipping point. The election, and the GREAT FALLING AWAY.

I have to agree, but we know that it hearlds our glorious Saviors soon return. We need to be about getting ready. Where sin does abound, grace does much more abound. We need to be about our Father's business. Thanks for sharing your heart Bro. Tom.

2012/11/9 14:10Profile

Re:

So I have to ask... all this consternation over the fate of the country since Obama won re-election...

What has changed in Washington DC?

Um... nothing.

Krispy

2012/11/9 14:51
staff

Re:

Hi All,
The "great falling away" is a world wide happening not just the USA or a North American event.
It is difficult looking at the downward spiral of the leadership of the USA but lets keep it in perspective.
God can rise leaders and fell leaders as so suits his purpose.Christians in the US can pray for him and his decisions etc,
Yours Staff

2012/11/9 16:29Profile

Re:

If we complain about our leaders, it's a sure sign that we are not praying for him/her/them.

There is no way that we are praying for our leaders if we have nothing good to say about them.

Why?

Because if we are praying that God grant them wisdom and then we complain and talk down about their decisions than it's as if we took our memo that was sent to God and put it through the shredder, because we do not believe that God was able to deliver them any wisdom.

It's the same thing when we "say" that God can prepare a table in the wilderness and then complain that He didn't come through with the rent money.

Has anyone considered that God installed this President?

Daniel 2:20 Daniel answered and said, Blessed be the name of God for ever and ever: for wisdom and might are His:

Daniel 2:21 And He changeth the times and the seasons: He removeth kings, and SETTETH UP KINGS: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding:

Now, if God has installed this President why are we complaining over Gods decisions? We really have no rights to say what we have been saying about him, we should be praying for him. Isn't that what God would have us do?

I am not innocent I've had my share of badgering Obama, I would like to have seen Mitt get in, but that is not the will of God at this time.

We do wrong to complain. Now if complaining is alright, can someone please tell me how we can justify our complaining?

2012/11/9 19:06

Re: The Tipping point. The election, and the GREAT FALLING AWAY.

thats a good post Tom, because it engenders much reflection and ponderings in my own soul.

i wish you could hear my voice, and see my eyes, because what i have on my heart might seem contentious, or disagreable, but its not.

i have the firm conviction, that if a person, or nation gets proud and arrogant, sooner or later, they'll get broken..by God.

with any Grace, God has given me, please allow me to comment, hopefully in a small way, exhort, maybe disagree...not for the sake of disagreeing Tom, but to encourage.

you wrote:

Quote:
From the days of the founding Pilgrims, Plymouth Rock and the early Colonies, the Word of God was the founding thread in our government, schools and laws of conduct and commerce. The culture was overwhelmed with this Biblical ideology, and it affected every corner of our society, and therefore political venture.

due respect, part and parcel of early colonial and American commerce was trading in human beings...thats behavior thats full of sin, and it took rivers of blood to pay for that.

If you read "Life of Brainerd", he details early life on the frontier as a missionary to the Indians, his heart full of grief on the drunken godless pattern of life of some settlers. Out there, that dear man, lonely, highlighted in his journal, the blessed few occasions he had of any Christian fellowship and discourse.

maybe the grief, you and i feel is partially due to the nature of communication...'wired world'. if we pulled the plug on the current, electricity, things would be very different....obviously. a candle to read the Word by, would be precious. Our sphere of influence would be diminished to a radius of 20-30 miles, and any Godly fellowship would become a Treasure, instead of a by the numbers Sunday keep it under two hours 'service', squirming in a pew, because the TV has football the rest of the afternoon.

God isnt fooled by the mere appearence of what passes as "godliness"...know what i mean?

When i was reading your post, that grief you feel, you know what i saw?...or what it brought to heart, a line of philistines arrayed against a line of Israelites, wavering, and there's Goliath, their "champion", and there's a young man, small, David. He's got five smooth stones in his hand, and heart zealous for the Honor of God....he knows what he has to do next.

Now our only 'weapon', as God has laid in my heart is prayer, not only individual secret travailing prayer, but saints gathered here...and there....like tiny flickering candles....transacting serious business with Jesus, in prayer, intercession, hearts both broken and pressed, but at the same time, joyous in the knowledge that these prayers never return void.

i write that to you, or anyone reading, because i just sat on a big hickory log, looking at a patch of ground, in my front acreage. This has been on my heart awhile now. i been splitting hickory, and for three months now, God has been pressing me to build the most simple humble little building, of wood, maybe 16 by 16, no electricity...windows, kind of like one of those old one room schoolhouses of yesteryear, but a wee smaller...a house of prayer, a total of eight benches, arrayed in a square...and God send five saints, to join me.....and we'll annoint that wooden floor with our tears, God willing we'll put knots in our knees, and grooves in the floor.

Its not a church, its a house of prayer, and we'll humbly ask Jesus to Pastor, these meetings...winters upon us, so spring of 13, God willing Tom.

five small stones, beloved older brother, five small stones, may the Love and the Peace and the Joy of Christ be with you always, neil

2012/11/9 19:08
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

KK

I was thinking the very same thing. It seems we are thinking that as the country goes so goes the End Times. It amuses me personally.

2012/11/9 19:38Profile

Re:

Anointed post bro Neil..............bro Frank

2012/11/9 21:26

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy