SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Again, do we call tbem brethren?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: MJ

Sister you are correct in that I do call out for tbe Moslems to ve saved. That naturally comes up when we are paying for persecuted nations on our persrcution watch prayer calls. And yes, I do need to call out to God for Mormon salvations as well as for the lost in general.

But the way some were going on about voting Biblical values. And that coming from respected evangelical leaders. I had to ask are we ackniwkedging what I understand to be a Satanic cult, to be brethren in Christ.

So I am getting two different messengers from tbe forum. One is Mormonism is a cult. Two is anyone coming out of Mormonism can hold to Biblical values. Sounds line an oxymoron. Anyone care to clarify?

Bearmaster.

2012/11/9 19:39

Re: Again, do we call tbem brethren?

How would Paul deal with a Mormon?

Would he rail at them for believing in a false god?

Or would he be more stealth at his approach?

We go about it the wrong way. We come in with guns a blazing shooting everyone in our path.

The way Paul would have approached Mormons is by adding to whatever faith they already have. They believe in God, great, a good starting point. They believe in Jesus Christ, great, another good starting point. By adding to what they already have, and if they can grasp what is being spoken of, in time they will abandon the false. But if we start tearing their faith down, we are going to lose them. The walls instantly go up and they feel justified that they are being persecuted.

Some would think that this approach is compromising. I can understand why. If our speech isn't filled with the wrath of God we think that we are being soft. Not so. We can be wise as serpents and at the very same time be harmless as doves. And Paul took this approach.

The people that we are to be hard with is the people of God. The people of God that should no better but choose ungodly ways of doing things. Jesus came unto His own and His own received Him not. They knew who He was and yet they chose their wicked ways and Jesus came down hard on that bunch. Mormons are not children of God, they are not born again, how can we upbraid them when they are not even in the boat yet?

We have to do things Gods way and Gods way is not always thunder and lightening, sometimes it's the gentle rain, or the warm south wind.

The judgments that we see coming upon the world is not so much to wake the world up, but to wake us up. We are sleeping. Once we are awake, this world will know that there is a God in heaven and He lives and rules in the hearts of men down here on earth.

2012/11/9 21:38
proudpapa

Re: Approved

Hi Approved good post, they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.

2012/11/9 22:15Profile

Re:

Then brothers, if this type of reasoning is to be given to the Mormons. Then you would have to include tbe Roman Catholic Church. They are a lot closer to tbe Jesus of tbe New Testament then the Mormons are.

If this type of rezoning is implied to cults, one goes down a slippery slope and the truth if the gospel is lost.

Bearmaster.

2012/11/9 22:27
proudpapa

Re:

D.L. Moody acctually preached in the Mormon tabernacle, I wonder what his sermon was? I am not bringing this up for any reason other than this subject caused me to remember reading that he had. and I thought that it seemed odd

2012/11/9 22:40Profile
proudpapa

Re:

Again, do we call tbem neighbour ?? Or should we do as Orthodox religion has historicaly always done to those whom are considered heratick and persecute them ??

2012/11/9 22:58Profile

Re:

I imagine Moody would have preached a gospel message. That all he knew. I think David Jerimiah preached st the Mormon Tabernachle a few months ago. As I understand it h received a standing ovation.

Bearmaster.

2012/11/9 22:59
proudpapa

Re:

Hi bear
I had not heard of David Jerimiah preaching there but I know Ravi Zacharias Did a few years back

2012/11/9 23:04Profile

Re:

Sorry Papa. It was Ravi and not David who preached there. Got my preachers confused. Don't think Paul Washer will be invited to tbe Mormon Tabernacle, do you?

Bearmaster.

2012/11/9 23:51
proudpapa

Re:

If he was, and he went, there would be definately be no applauding

2012/11/9 23:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy