SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Our dear America – where do you go from here?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

Our dear America – where do you go from here?

Our dear America – where do you
go from here?
Today, Obama has been re‐elected; all the efforts of many Christian leaders, prayer movements, “prophets” and “concerned Americans” who have lobbied, written appeals, articles, books, letters ‐ some have even done films‐ to warn not to vote for him have come to nothing. Many of them have behaved as if the future of the Kingdom of God is at stake. Well, it is not. Can we, as foreigner who dearly love you as a people, say a few words into this situation? Because it is evident to us that God has a clear plan with your nation. But many don´t seem to see it, and therefore run the danger of fighting the wrong fight, wasting precious time and resources, and even endlessly call upon God to do what he just will not do. The German weekly Der Spiegel, kind of a German Time Magazine, has a cover picture of Uncle Sam in bed, titled, The American Patient: The decline of a Great Nation. We think this is a prophetic
picture. As your friends, we know, acknowledge and admire that America has had a great past. But how will your future look like?
God chastises whom he loves because he knows: pride will come before the fall, and humbleness and brokenness is the only condition he responds to. We personally sense we need to tell you: the destiny of your nation is in God’s hands, not yours. It is not at all about Obama or Romney, it is about God using all the nations in the world according to his global and unchanging plans. Did you ever allow the thought that God in his sovereignty is using Obama like a pawn on his chessboard to humble the US as a nation because he wants to show his grace to a nation gone completely selfsufficient? A nation that is so full of independence, individualism, nationalism and trusting a greedand fear‐based economy that there may be only one way open to heal it from its idolatry and re‐align itself with the Kingdom of God: a crisis beyond anything that America has ever seen?In 2008, God has been challenged by a man standing up in public, preaching to the cheers of a huge
crowd: “Yes we can!” We watched it; we saw the tears of excitement in the eyes of the people; the
statements were received as if coming from the Messiah himself, and the electoral rallies had all the
flavor of a religious revival. "Yes, we can" is the exact opposite of the King of kings saying: "Without
me, you can do nothing!" If God is the one who "deposes kings and raises up others" (Dan 2:21), does it really matter what are
the names of the current puppets set in place by God that advance both the New World Order and the Kingdom of God? Neither Herod, Pilate nor Cesar were truly important for the development of the Kingdom. That is exactly why Kingdom people do not play in the Second League, but the First, the
one that matters. The one that puts the Kingdom first, and everything else ‐ including their own nation ‐ second.
The problem of the current commotion and insecurities arises when even the people that call themselves after God keep confusing the Kingdom of God with the United States of America. And when that happens, especially through Christians with a public voice, then we have truly lost all
perspective of the coming Kingdom of Jesus Christ and the predictions he has made that will precede his coming.
America is being publicly humbled by God; and he is going to use Obama – and those after him ‐ to further advance his agenda that will lead all nations to kneel before that one true King Jesus very soon. If any nation wants to become a tower that reaches up to high heaven, it will be humbled by a God who will not share his glory with people relying on their own strength. America, where do you go from here? What does this mean for you? The future is going to be very,
very rough. Your securities will vanish, the economy will go down, the education system will become even worse, the streets more dangerous, the churches even more divided, the youth even more disillusioned – unless there is a true movement that abandons all those idols mentioned above, and
radically repents, makes a radical alignment with the King of the Kingdom of God and his constitution, live the Law of Christ in all areas of life, first and foremost in the areas of sex, money, power and how we “do church”. This is a defining moment for you as a nation. You could go down, as
the German journalist of ‘Der Spiegel’ predicted. Or, America could be literally re‐invented by Kingdom people who are ready to implode the prevailing myths about Americas greatness, and replace it by God’s greatness. The King has even greater things purposed and would fulfill those purpose IF those who call themselves after Jesus the King, would turn away from their self‐made religion, self‐made churches and religious factions, self‐made visions of success, and their self‐made, harmless God.
Can we lovingly but urgently call you back at this hour to begin and initiate a movement to reposition and repatriate yourselves into the eternal Kingdom, by submitting yourself not only in theory but also in practical deeds to Jesus the King, starting to obey the King and his liberating decrees in all the areas that count? You might even want to write a declaration of dependence on God and each other, because by idolizing anything else before and over God, you will become illegal aliens in the country that counts, where we all are called to have our home: the Kingdom, the one place where our true citizenship, nationality and allegiance lies (Phil 3:20). This is the only one country that will not be
shaken, as it has an unchanging King.
If there is any way that we can help you in this great challenge and task – we want you to know we
will.
Wolfgang and Mercy Simson, Germany
([email protected])

This was sent to me by a brother in Christ in email and I was just very touched by the kind and gentle admonishing and reminders written within. I felt it worth sharing here. I pray as you read through these words you were blessed and your heart if need be was pricked to turn away from all worldly distractions and seek HIS KINGDOM! I know for myself some of these words ring true...but what an amazingly loving FATHER to care so much that HE would take the time to teach me, to refine me, and to strengthen me to continue on in this journey!! GOD is showering HIS CHURCH in America with some much needed love and discipline I pray I have eyes to see that...

God bless
maryjane

2012/11/7 11:23Profile
iceman9

New York

Re: Our dear America – where do you go from here?

Thanks for sharing MaryJane.

2012/11/7 11:57Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

The problem or issue with this original post is that nobody is really listening or cares in the long run. We can preach until the cows come home and it really doesn't matter.

I know many Christians say Obama is bad for America and yet many Christians votes for Obama. Who is right and who is wrong for doing so? A problem is America is the political system and it is a reflection, in part, of the social system in America as well as the moral system in America.

Today, while listening to the radio about the election, one of the things discussed is where to the Republicans go from here for are they out of touch with America? It seems as if the Republican party is a part of the rich as well as conservatives who seek to keep America as it was in the beginning and many people see that is not going forward into the future. The Democrats are for the common man and everyone paying their fair share. They want healthcare for all but they also push for equal right for all. I don't refer to just male and and female. I refer to sexual orientation.

Does it mean a judgment if America votes Democrat? Does it mean blessing when America votes Republican? This is what I get when I hear opinions of people, specifically those who are Christians because of the tradition of what the Republicans stand for but is that correct thinking? Tradition, have valid is it?

John

John

2012/11/7 15:54Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by DEADn on 2012/11/7 9:54:02

The problem or issue with this original post is that nobody is really listening or cares in the long run. We can preach until the cows come home and it really doesn't matter.

___

John it does matter to JESUS. HE instructs us to go out and be a witness so it does matter to HIM. If no one listens at least you and I are being obedient and faithful to the calling HE has given us right?? I walk away from this article hearing, take up your cross and follow JESUS. Maybe not many will hear that but those who have ears to hear will and they will follow the Shepard voice. Personally I'm not trying to save "America" I am looking to share JESUS with people...see the difference in that? I am not instructed to go out and save the "country" from failure but I am instructed to share JESUS with my neighbors, friends, families, coworkers, whom ever HE brings my way.

God bless
maryjane

2012/11/7 16:22Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

MaryJane

I understand what you are saying but you also have to understand the the further we go in American society the less faith in God is valued in the political system. What happens is people tend to see those who stand for faith in God as control freaks or the ultra conservative out of touch people. We all want our President to be Christian or have some sense of belief in God BUT when that person doesn't embrace what we think Christian should embrace then we think the world is going to hell. The Presidency is a reflection of society in with these elections what won it had nothing to do with the candidates belief in God. It has all to do with one side reaching out to only a certain segment of society while the winning team reached out to a diverse culture. Blacks, Hispanics, college crowd , etc.

How many of these people are probably Christians?

What we as Christians want to do is when we can't get our person in as President we resort to just saying lets preach the Gospel for that is a winner and yet doesn't that say that our heart may have been in different places all along?

2012/11/7 20:12Profile
MaryJane

Re:

John
Here is what I am talking about and I will quote from the article: "The problem of the current commotion and insecurities arises when even the people that call themselves after God keep confusing the Kingdom of God with the United States of America."

See this is not about wanting a Christian president for me at all. I did not vote in this election so its not like I wanted one person to win over another. I don't consider this country my home, this is boot camp for me and I am in training for as long as the LORD sees fit. After this life ends I get to go home and be with JESUS and that is where my focus is. This article was a reminder of that for me. During boot camp I need to be learning to take up my cross, follow after JESUS, submit myself unto the LORD daily and to love and care for others as HE gives me leading. These things are some of the training I go through while I am here.

I think maybe your wanting to have a political discussion and that wasn't what this article was about for me. It was about setting and keeping my focus on the KINGDOM and not being distracted by worldly things like elections and not placing my hopes or faith in men....I do pray for Obama and Romney because they are lost and in need of a Savior just as I once was. I care if these two men spend eternity in hell because JESUS loves them and died for them too but I am not looking for a "man" to save me the only one who can save me is CHRIST. After reading Revelations a few times I know how the story ends, the US just like many other nations final fate has already been decided by GOD and since HE is in control I just need to obey the commend HE gives me which is to love others, share the good news, and to follow HIM...

just my take on this article
God bless you
mj

2012/11/7 20:57Profile

Re:

No matter who won the election, the answer where America will go from here would have been the same;

Down.

2012/11/7 21:17

Re:

MJ writes......

"See this is not about wanting a Christian president for me at all. I did not vote in this election so its not like I wanted one person to win over another. I don't consider this country my home, this is boot camp for me and I am in training for as long as the LORD sees fit. After this life ends I get to go home and be with JESUS and that is where my focus is. This article was a reminder of that for me. During boot camp I need to be learning to take up my cross, follow after JESUS, submit myself unto the LORD daily and to love and care for others as HE gives me leading. These things are some of the training I go through while I am here. "

Amen sister, amen. This is part of the dividing that is going on right now. God's people identify themselves in Christ and Christ alone. We are what you say, we are merely passing through, sojourners and ambassadors for the Kingdom of the Lord. If this election proved anything, it is that some people are, first and foremost, conservative republicans, and if that does not work they fall back on Christ. Until a man or woman is first and foremost, to his or her very core, Christian, he or she will always have an identity problem. Jesus must have the pre-emminance in our lives. He is no mere adornment, He is all and all and all of our hope lies in Him and what He has for us to do on this earth while we yet breath....................Bro Frank

2012/11/7 21:31

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy