SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : carnal mind

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread
Croref

Re:

by proudpapa on 2012/11/5 8:07:57

Hi Croref you asked ///Preferred purpose?? Did the servant know that up front??///

ummm?? He confessed " Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:
25 And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine"

. . .Yes?

Quote:
there is alot revealed about what was in this servants heart and understanding in these verses, His misconseption of the lords intentions and motives seems to cause his thinking to become obscured.

I fail to see except what was expected of him__he did not perform.

Quote:
Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.

He would have had some general understanding intuitively but his false understanding of his lord intentions caused him to be obscured in his intelect.

Why assume that? Are you reading someone who might be trying you to protect his religious bent? __just asking.

Quote:
Croref wrote ///It would have been no worse. Why? Because the whole issue was one of the heart and allegiance///

I disagree, Men are judged according to what they did with what they were given the more given the more required.

But either way, is it still not a matter of the heart in faithfulness, perhaps even more so with those given much?

Quote:
" And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.
But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more."

I see that but, cannot overlook the issue of punishment of those who willfully neglect, as the scriptures speak of it, compared to those of honest ignorance who neglect.

Quote:
Romans 2 also speaks much of this.

Croref wrote ///Can we make any similitude with this and the sin of Israel for not believing Joshua and Caleb?///

what are your thoughts??

I think the unbelief of the Israelites was willful__very willful. One might even suppose they were getting used to being "taken care of" that indolence became their way of life. After all, is not what Joshua and Caleb spoke of to have been a warfare?

2012/11/5 11:25Profile
proudpapa

Re: Croref

hi Croref

Croref wrote re: ///Why assume that? Are you reading someone who might be trying you to protect his religious bent? __just asking///

not that i am aware of, If the saints see through a glass, darkly; and only know in part for now, how much less does those whom the god of this world hath blinded there minds understand in thier intelect but they are guilty cause they hold truth intuitively in their subconscience.

Croref wrote ///

Quote:
" And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.
But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more."

I see that but, cannot overlook the issue of punishment of those who willfully neglect, as the scriptures speak of it, compared to those of honest ignorance who neglect.///

my point was that in the The lords forknowledged wisdom gracesiouly only gave the one talent to him whom he forknew would be unwise with what was given. Had the Lord given him the 10 or the 5 talents how much worse the punishment.

Croref wrote
///I think the unbelief of the Israelites was willful__very willful. One might even suppose they were getting used to being "taken care of" that indolence became their way of life. After all, is not what Joshua and Caleb spoke of to have been a warfare?///

What does egypt represent for the Christian??

What does the the wilderness represent for the Christian??

What does passing over this Jordan represent for the Christian??

What does land of Canaan represent for the Christian??

That Subject would make a good thread for its self.

2012/11/5 12:28Profile
Croref

Re:

by proudpapa on 2012/11/5 9:28:24

hi Croref

Croref wrote re: ///Why assume that? Are you reading someone who might be trying you to protect his religious bent? __just asking///

not that i am aware of, If the saints see through a glass, darkly; and only know in part for now, how much less does those whom the god of this world hath blinded there minds understand in thier intelect but they are guilty cause they hold truth intuitively in their subconscience.

Sorry, can't buy it. Too much conjectured for me.

Croref wrote ///
Quote:

I see that but, cannot overlook the issue of punishment of those who willfully neglect, as the scriptures speak of it, compared to those of honest ignorance who neglect.///

my point was that in the The lords forknowledged wisdom gracesiouly only gave the one talent to him whom he forknew would be unwise with what was given. Had the Lord given him the 10 or the 5 talents how much worse the punishment.

That either.

Quote:
Croref wrote
///I think the unbelief of the Israelites was willful__very willful. One might even suppose they were getting used to being "taken care of" that indolence became their way of life. After all, is not what Joshua and Caleb spoke of to have been a warfare?///

What does egypt represent for the Christian??

. . . defeat

Quote:
What does the the wilderness represent for the Christian??

. . possibilities, if they pay attention

Quote:
What does passing over this Jordan represent for the Christian??

Taking up the challenge of overcoming spiritual enemies. . . . Shall I name them?

Quote:
What does land of Canaan represent for the Christian??

. . Kingdom living.

Quote:
That Subject would make a good thread for its self.

Yes! Ready to take it up? Put your moniker on it!

2012/11/5 12:49Profile
proudpapa

Re:

hi Croref

Croref wrote re ///Sorry, can't buy it. Too much conjectured for me.///

That is fine I am not selling my opinion only giving some of my thoughts conserning the subject.

'conjectured' good word I will have to add it to my vocabulary, I feel that way toward alot of peoples conclusions of certain understandings of scripture.

Croref wrote re:///Yes! Ready to take it up? Put your moniker on it!///

I have to get to work now, but Might look into it when I have more time

2012/11/5 13:54Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy