SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : carnal mind

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
Croref

Re:

I believe this about the new born of God:

Our new make up:

One soul __ours

One flesh __ Ours

One Nature __ His ... that our flesh wars against for supremacy over our soul.

"He who over comes I will give to . . . ." Jesus. Rev 2 and 3.

2012/11/3 12:52Profile
stevet83

Re: carnal mind

1) "The carnal mind is enmity against God." Hostile, opposes, at odds, all these words do a fine job describing the relationship of the carnal mind/flesh and God.

2) "for it is not subject to the law of God." Due to the hostility the carnal mind/flesh does not obey the law of God.

3) "Neither indeed can be." This refers to ability. The carnal mind/flesh does not obey God's law nor does the carnal mind/flesh have the ability to.

The flesh cannot please God.

2012/11/3 19:21Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: believe this about the new born of God:

Our new make up:

One soul __ours

One flesh __ Ours

One Nature __ His ... that our flesh wars against for supremacy over our soul

-------

Humans are not made up of Flesh, Soul, Nature. Humans are Spirit Soul and body...1 Thes 5:23

Spirit --- Born from above
Soul ---- Not Born from above (This is made up of Mind will and emotions)

This is the area that fights against God. If you study in the bible the word heart, you'll find it is made up of the Mind will and emotions, this is what we call the Soul...

Christ says out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies.

Think about what Paul says: the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envying, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like Gal 5:19-21

Where does Christ say they stem from the heart, so the flesh is the heart of a man... What is the heart, mind will emotions which is our soul..

These proceed from the heart.. When scripture says "Put on Christ" this is the area where he needs to be put on.. Putting on Christ is putting on his nature now thats something that that we can't do ourselves...

But that's for a different post..

Body ---- Flesh and Bones does what ever it's told either by the spirit or the soul...

2012/11/4 5:24Profile
Croref

Re:

by murrcolr on 2012/11/4 2:24:34

Dear Murr,

I believe I made myself perfectly clear that I was referring to one who is born again.

I stand my remarks.

2012/11/4 5:43Profile
proudpapa

Re: stevet83

Hi stevet83

stevet83 wrote ///1) "The carnal mind is enmity against God." Hostile, opposes, at odds, all these words do a fine job describing the relationship of the carnal mind/flesh and God.///

Yes this is true the natural intellect the rational mind is all of this, It has no faith, It only believes what it see's but it does not consist of the total makeup of man

stevet83 wrote
///3) "Neither indeed can be." This refers to ability. The carnal mind/flesh does not obey God's law nor does the carnal mind/flesh have the ability to.///

Man is not guilty because of his inability no One is in Hell thinking I was unable to believe I was unable to follow the truth no rather they are their because they could of, they should have, but they did not.(where the worm dieth not)

The Scripture (Romans) says that men are guilty because they ((hold)) the truth that is they have the ability to seek out and find the truth.

All men are being drawn to the truth !! (just many resist it)

the Augustinian position has gotten so caught up in trying to explaine mans depravity that they have denied that all men (hold the truth!) All men have a ((Conscience)) that bears witness to the truth.

That is why men are Guilty because of their ability

2012/11/4 9:22Profile
proudpapa

Re: stevet83

Hi stevet83

stevet83 wrote ///1) "The carnal mind is enmity against God." Hostile, opposes, at odds, all these words do a fine job describing the relationship of the carnal mind/flesh and God.///

Yes this is true the natural intellect the rational mind is all of this, It has no faith, It only believes what it see's but it does not consist of the total makeup of man

stevet83 wrote
///3) "Neither indeed can be." This refers to ability. The carnal mind/flesh does not obey God's law nor does the carnal mind/flesh have the ability to.///

Man is not guilty because of his inability no One is in Hell thinking I was unable to believe I was unable to follow the truth no rather they are their because they could of, they should have, but they did not.(where the worm dieth not)

The Scripture (Romans) says that men are guilty because they ((hold)) the truth that is they have the ability to seek out and find the truth.

All men are being drawn to the truth !! (just many resist it)

the Augustinian position has gotten so caught up in trying to explaine mans depravity that they have denied that all men (hold the truth!) All men have a ((Conscience)) that bears witness to the truth.

That is why men are Guilty because of their ability

2012/11/4 9:22Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote:I believe I made myself perfectly clear that I was referring to one who is born again.

I stand my remarks

------

Fine but show me it in scripture....

2012/11/4 12:42Profile
Croref

Re:

Murr, What part??

2012/11/4 13:49Profile
stevet83

Re:

You keep talking bout Augustine, I am not familiar with what he taught.

You asked a question I answered it, according to you I am wrong. Oh well.

2012/11/4 13:51Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: Dear Murr,

I believe I made myself perfectly clear that I was referring to one who is born again.

I stand my remarks.

-------------------

Quote: believe this about the new born of God:

Our new make up:

One soul __ours

One flesh __ Ours

One Nature __ His ... that our flesh wars against for supremacy over our soul

---------------------

I guess this part?

2012/11/4 14:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.