SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : "The right to ourselves . . . .

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Croref

"The right to ourselves . . . .

. . . . is the only thing we have to give to God"...Oswald Chambers

We cannot begin to do this until we are in Christ to then learn to do it as He did.

Getting into Him is our struggle upon our new birth from above: "and the violent take it by force." As new born babes born of the Father, there is much to learn about entering through the "strait" gate He has imputed us.

cf John 3:3 and 5.

2012/11/3 8:00Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re: "The right to ourselves . . . .

Quote: We cannot begin to do this until we are in Christ to then learn to do it as He did

How would you say we do it?

2012/11/3 9:40Profile
Croref

Re:

Quote: We cannot begin to do this until we are in Christ to then learn to do it as He did

How would you say we do it?

Thank you, Colin,

If we can believe that Jesus is the kingdom, with all the responsibility given us by His Government, then John 3:3 and 5 should give you your answer. If we claim He is in us, should we not also be able to claim we are in Him? Does our life demonstrate we are?

Is this not also a very good reason for Paul giving us this admonishment? He said: "Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you,. . . " 2 Corinthians 13:5 (KJV)

And, I would add this. which is of very great importance:

". . . let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup." 1 Corinthians 11:28 (KJV)

2012/11/3 9:57Profile

this is what I've been experiencing lately: A call from God to declare violence, but a weakling like me saying "can't I just enjoy You?"

any advice?

2012/11/3 11:04
Croref

Re:

by NoahJD on 2012/11/3 8:04:58

this is what I've been experiencing lately: A call from God to declare violence, but a weakling like me saying "can't I just enjoy You?"

any advice?

Sure__Grab yourself by the throat and get on with it!

2012/11/3 11:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy