SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : God does not go against the will of man.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Suzanna Wesley was one of the most successful mothers in Modern Christianity..[ 1730's]. She bore 19 children, with 10 surviving, including John and charles Wesley. This is what she said about the Will and child-rearing;

""When the will of a child is totally subdued, and it is brought to revere and stand in awe of the parents, then a great many childish follies, and faults may be past over.

Some should be overlooked and taken no notice of, and others mildly reproved. No wilful transgression ought ever to be forgiven children, without chastisement, less or more, as the nature and circumstances of the offence require.

I insist upon conquering the will of children early because this is the only strong and rational foundation of a religious education."

Something to consider here about ourselves, and what the Cross really is.

2012/11/3 5:48

Re:

Suzanna Wesley was one of the most successful mothers in Modern Christianity..[ 1730's]. She bore 19 children, with 10 surviving, including John and charles Wesley. This is what she said about the Will and child-rearing;

""When the will of a child is totally subdued, and it is brought to revere and stand in awe of the parents, then a great many childish follies, and faults may be past over.

Some should be overlooked and taken no notice of, and others mildly reproved. No wilful transgression ought ever to be forgiven children, without chastisement, less or more, as the nature and circumstances of the offence require.

I insist upon conquering the will of children early because this is the only strong and rational foundation of a religious education."

Re:

"The Will, The Will is the key!"

Suzanna Wesley was one of the most successful mothers in Christendom, [ John and Charles the most famous and productive ], and considered the Will of her children the key to submission to God. She wrote;

"When the will of a child is totally subdued, and it is brought to revere and stand in awe of the parents, then a great many childish follies, and faults may be past over.

Something to be said here about the Cross we must bare, and obedience to God and not ourselves.

2012/11/3 5:53
Croref

Re:

by stevet83 on 2012/11/2 8:27:37

"I don't believe we can understand Jesus Christ without first understanding the creation of man. That said I believe this not simply because of what we are given of Jesus Christ but also of Adam __thus my Op"

I'm a little confused...Understanding the creation of man is not a prerequisite to understanding Jesus Christ. I do agree we can not understand the nature of our salvation in Christ without understanding the nature of our lostness in Adam

Lostness?? Is that the only perspective available to us? Adam was created to be lost just so God could save him??

How 'bout if Adam had not transgressed__what then? Would we then study to understand his nature?? How 'bout considering that fact of Jesus being the second Adam __ as He is called? What was His Nature that was purposed for Adam had Adam eaten of the tree of life that is now open for us if we overcome, by the "Blood of the Lamb"?

How 'bout considering the "why" of creation? What was God desiring to have for Himself but many sons, "brought unto glory"__all expressing Himself in Divine human flesh as Jesus eventually did to become the "first of first fruits" Adam was PURPOSED to be?? If you don't believe that then ask, "Why not"?? Why not the first Adam??

Does it always have to be Jesus redeeming man for our sinful nature we [self-center] on, believing we are victims and Him save us from hell's fire and damnation__all this for His pleasure__ God decreeing sin just for this purpose?

If, as some do, believe He decreed everything then why not consider why He didn't decree holiness?? There is no sin in Him that He could do so!!! He is Holy!

His new creation, built upon the new foundation of redemption by Jesus Christ, is a Holy Nation of Holy people newly born of Him to show forth His Glory and Praises! These will be the folk who will rule and reign with Him. I believe this people will be the only "raptured" ones, mentioned in Rev 12 as the man-child, the multi-membered body of those in union with Himself and the Father per John 17.

May I suggest giving this all consideration and begin to read your Bibles from a fresh perspective that will take you Home to "Father's House".

2012/11/3 6:45Profile
Croref

Re:

The OP simply states God uses man's freewill for His purposes; to bring about His "will in Earth as it is in Heaven".

Why is this being overlooked??? If it wasn't as the OP, then God would have settled all scores thousands of years ago.

2012/11/3 6:52Profile
Croref

Re:

by brothagary on 2012/11/2 16:46:32

with all respect one should keep the scripture in a full contex

that scripture you posted in genesis ,does not contradict the scripture in the new testament that paul wrote

''when he said the carnal man cannot recieve the things of the spirit;; or the words jesus spoke when he said

''these words i speak to you are spirit''
the bible says the carnl mind of man is ''at enmity against god ''

So where is the "enmity against God" revealed in Genesis 4:26? The issue of "totally depravity" is put to rest with just that one verse. I would hope you see that and be adjusted in your theology.

2012/11/3 6:59Profile
proudpapa

Re: "The Will, The Will is the key!"

hi Brothertom

excellent insight from Suzanna Wesley.

The only Cross that a child can understand is the rod of correction. The rod of correction removes guilt from the childs soul as what only the cross Can do for the adult.

If only Men could understand the correlation between personal Guilt and sin much confusion in scripture would be erased. People are not born guilty!
Theolgy has made a mess of our understanding

2012/11/3 10:34Profile

Re: "The Will, The Will is the key!"

[I put up a post and thought I lost it, and rewrote it..[ about S. Wesley ].

How in the world it got posted 4 or 5 times; I do not know. Sorry.]

But the Will, and grace, are right in the Center of Sovereignty, and Divine intervention to save. It is amazing grace to me, when I see tokens of God's intervention....the "I chose you. You did not chose me!" part of life that leaves me in wonder.....in spite of my will....and what I choose, and what I deserve.

This is amazing, and proves that God is there; intervening a lot more than we could ever guess....in spite of our choices.

2012/11/3 10:54
Croref

Re:

While Jesus says: "If you love Me__keep My commandments".

2012/11/3 11:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy