SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Prayer for America...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ccchhhrrriiisss

Prayer for America...

Hello brothers and sisters,

First off, I would like this post to be free of strife, controversy and even opinion about politics or the proper role of Christians in civics. This post/thread isn't meant to discuss politics, politicians or opinions about such things.

That said: I would like to request prayer for this nation. When I say "nation," I am not speaking specifically of the governments.

The United States of America will be going through an election next week. In this election, the population is strongly divided between the candidates and direction of this nation. That is expected during national elections. Yet, as the Scriptures indicate, a "house divided against itself shall not stand."

Over the past few weeks, I have been feeling troubled in my heart over the reaction that such a divisive election could cause in this nation. Sometimes, even things on a micro scale can have a large impact. Remember the riots and looting that resulted from the Rodney King verdict? Have you ever seen the aftermath of a sporting event where fans of one team rioted?

This world is not our eternal home. It is a temporary home for which we are ambassadors of Christ. As such, our families, friends, and, of course, fellow believers live here.

I am asking everyone to pray that the Lord keep us safe during this election and its aftermath. In addition, I am asking that the Lord guide us in an effort to use this election and all potential aftermaths for his glory.

So, again, I ask that we pray for the people that make up this nation. The Lord bless each of you.

2012/11/1 23:25Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re: Prayer for America...

Praying

2012/11/1 23:29Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Excellent post dear brother, we surely need to be praying greatly for america in these days. As Christians we are exhorted to pray for those in authority and the civiil good of the country.

2012/11/2 0:43Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

"I am asking everyone to pray that the Lord keep us safe during this election and its aftermath. In addition, I am asking that the Lord guide us in an effort to use this election and all potential aftermaths for his glory."

Thank you Chris for this prayer request.

Father,
we pray that true repentance would be granted to the Body of Christ, and that as a result of this that our nation would come under the rule of God, that our land would be healed. In the name of Jesus, we pray!

2012/11/2 8:50Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Excellent reminder, Chris.

I suspect - with what I have been reading in recent days - that there will be terrible times ahead for us all.

Recently a brother in our church spoke with a man who spent time in the military in the middle east; today he is a youth pastor. This pastor told this brother that he saw things shaping up over there that point to the end-times, that there will be nothing the USA can do to stop it. He said it will not matter who wins the election next week, everything is being set for fulfillment.

I do not know the details of which this man is referring to but we do sense it in our spirit do we not? And I will admit there is an element of fear there as well. But I also know Jesus will help us through it all...I just do not like the idea of being tortured... Yet, I also know this torture cannot begin to compare what hell would be like...

We need to learn to walk with the LORD now, listen to the HOLY SPIRIT as He works with us changing us from glory to glory so we can be prepared for what is sure to come.

God bless and thanks for the timely reminder, Chris.

2012/11/2 11:37Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Thank you for your prayers.

2012/11/2 19:05Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

I am bumping this to encourage believers to pray for America over the next couple of days.

Thank you!

2012/11/5 19:56Profile
MaryJane

Re:

I will be praying with you Chris. Not sure what tomorrow is going to bring but I know we really need to be praying!

God bless
maryjane

2012/11/5 20:19Profile
mama27

Re:

I have been praying...

2012/11/5 20:22Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy