SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts :  The Essentials

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

The Essentials

Jesus said if you remain in ne and my words remain in you. Ask whatever you wish and it will be given to you so that your join will be made full.

So can one's walk with Jesus be distilled to simply Jesus and his word? Praying to him, and reading the New Testanen? Seems pretty simple when you think about it.

Bearnaster.

2012/11/1 6:57
rainydaygirl

Re: The Essentials

i think there can be much benefit from reading the Bible, both the old and new testament. i use to not like to read the old testament as much but i see things differently now.

rdg

2012/11/1 8:40Profile

Re: The Essentials

Quote:
Jesus said if you remain in ne and my words remain in you. Ask whatever you wish and it will be given to you so that your join will be made full. bearmaster

Once when I was in desperate straights I fasted and prayed for three days asking the Lord to deliver me. Then when the moment of reckoning came I was quietly waiting on the Lord and He gave me this verse which you have quoted from. I thought to myself "Ive done nothing but ask for three days. What does the Lord mean "ask and it shall be given you"" Well I asked in that moment and within the hour I was completely delivered of the thing which had driven me to prayer. I have often wondered what the difference was between asking and "asking". I believe it is asking having been led and having been led having a living faith to believe. Its a kind of living promise! Praise His holy Name.

2012/11/1 9:47
MaryJane

Re:

Recently after much prayer God answered and brought me through some very difficult times as well. I know in my heart the more I pray and seek HIM the more HE draws me to HIM. Its amazing but there are time when I can feel so completely alone even though I am surrounded by a ton of people and then there are times when I am all alone and JESUS is very near and I am completely at peace!

Reading the Bible, spending time in prayer, sitting and listen as the LORD leads these are the things that matter most.

God bless and thank you for this reminder
maryjane

2012/11/1 10:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy