SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Bishops seeking to revive Catholicism are worried by Islam

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Bishops seeking to revive Catholicism are worried by Islam

From the article: "It only takes one day to become Muslim but it is impossible to renounce this religion later," he said. By contrast, he added, it takes at least three years of study for an adult to become a Catholic, and the baptized can leave at will.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/10/25/us-vatican-synod-islam-idUSBRE89O13V20121025

It popped into my head, they want to convert Muslims to Catholicism and they say it takes 3 years. Seeing how short the life span of Christians is in those Countries, who has 3 years to give. How about doing it the way it was taught in the Bible?? Repent of your sins, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you have salvation. Is it just me, isn't there something very wrong with their method?

It was only by God's good providence I was not instructed in that way. I pray for the awakening Saints that there will be workers for the harvest.

ws

2012/10/28 10:39Profile

Re: Bishops seeking to revive Catholicism are worried by Islam

Quote:
Is it just me, isn't there something very wrong with their method?

Ephesians 4:18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart...

We can't expect anyone that dwell in darkness that they have any light to offer anyone else. They are dead men burying the dead. Life begats life, and they do not have it to give.

The RCC do not follow the bible, they follow what is written down as interpreted by the Popes. Whatever that they have interpreted is what they go by.

2012/10/28 10:47

Re:

This article is an example of the blind leading tbe blind. The article assumes the Roman Catholic Church is historic New Testament Christianity. Thus what you have is a religious institution trying to bring Moslens out of one dark system into another.. The article fails to recognize a gospel move taking place in tbe Middle East. It s written in tbe context of converting Moslems to Catholicism.

By contrast a gospel move is taking place in tbe Middle East. By gospel move I mean Moslens are coming into a living, saving relationship with Jesus Christ. Many times through dreams and visions a Moslem will have a Saul of Tarsus encounter with Jesus. These are the ones who will immediately leave Islam and embrace the gospel. These are tbe ones who suffer persecution for Jesus.

I have heard Iranian believers who were converted from Islam to Christ say it takes about 6 to 8 minutes to convert a nominal Moslem. And about 10 to 12 minutes to convert a hardliner. This is presupposibg an actual encounter with Jesus.

One need only look to Saul of Tarsus and realize he was converted in an instant. So it is with these Moslems. In reading the article I would say both tbe RCC and tbe Moslens need a living encounter with Jesus.

Just my thoughts.

Bearmaster.

2012/10/28 16:00
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Bearmaster said: "I would say both tbe RCC and tbe Moslens need a living encounter with Jesus."

You've got that right. I agree. Praise Jesus.

2012/10/29 0:12Profile

Re: Bishops seeking to revive Catholicism are worried by Islam

oh my.

the delusions are powerful. my heart bleeds for anyone trapped in this dark institution, but what really gives me spiritual indigestion is this quote from Rueters:

Quote:
Christianity, with about 2 billion followers, is the world's largest religion and Catholicism - its biggest denomination by far - makes up just over half that total.

saying that "catholicism" is "christianity's" biggest 'denomination' is SO WRONG, that i'm literally at a loss for words, except to breathe out, 'God have mercy!'.......if the "bishops" in rome think that islam is their biggest "worry", then wisdom, most obviously has FLED their darkened hearts. they should Fear God, and repent of their idolatry....NOW.

if one has given an active consideration of the various islamic 'sects', the Shia variant bears the most similarity to the roman institution, a strong centralized 'clergy; based out of Qom, Iran, which is the equivelant of the 'vatican' in rome...worship of 'saints' (idolatry)....thats the reason sunni's love to kill shia's ALMOST as much as they enjoy killing 'infidels'.

Yahweh MUST be brewing and brimming with a terrible anger, i thank Him, that He is SO patient...oh, no one knows the Day of the LORD, not even the Son, Messiah Jesus.

my personal grief is this....HOW do we teach and preach the TRUE SIMPLE WAY of Christ and Him crucified to these dear people, who love Jesus, but are literally trapped in the roman institution?

thats the question that vexes me more than any, excepting of course, telling my fellow Hebrews, that YES! Messiah DID come.

thank you sister WS, much food for thought and prayer.

2012/10/29 8:46
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

HezWelling said: HOW do we teach and preach the TRUE SIMPLE WAY of Christ and Him crucified to these dear people, who love Jesus, but are literally trapped in the roman institution?
----------------------

You got the point of my post, preaching the TRUE SIMPLE WAY of Jesus the Christ. Not a long drawn out process but one of simple belief, repentance, confession and walking in His path.

Thank you for that explanation of the Shia sect. It is illuminating.

WS

2012/10/29 11:59Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy