SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Sinner's Prayer...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
stevet83

Re:

It's like when they answer yes to all the questions, say the prayer, and write the date on the front of their new bible to remind them that "this was the day I got saved". When they were never made alive in the first place, because there is no prayer, right answer, or hearts desire that can do it.

2012/10/23 0:23Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, the church that i am associated with baptizes an average of 50 plus per week in a separate service after a class on baptism and how it shows the picture of what is really happening in the new believers life.we have thousands of home groups and a youth program where 7000 students meet every week.; dont tell me what somebody said . i seeGod moving in power in my area.jimp

2012/10/23 1:03Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

may I ask what church this is?

2012/10/23 9:43Profile
jimp

Re:

hi,the name of the church is bethany and it is in baker la.(baton rouge).jimp

2012/10/23 12:09Profile
Sree

Re:

Example of Sinner's prayer- Luke 18 - 13:-
1 But the tax collector, standing some distance away, was even unwilling to lift up his eyes to heaven, but was beating his breast, saying, ‘God, be [f]merciful to me, the sinner!’ 14 I tell you, this man went to his house justified rather than the other; ”

The thing is this man went home justified. He did not go home justified because someone took a class to him and said if you tell this prayer you will be justified. No he knew in his heart that he is justified. To be justified means God looks at him as if he has not sinned at all. All these methods of conducting classes to tell people how they should feel is to bring a cheap grace where you put a false belief into their hear.

Secondly the tax collector was justified, but was he saved? I don't think so. Here the tax collector did not pray to Jesus or even said that Jesus died for him. Still God justified him. The point here is forgiveness of sins was there even before Jesus came to earth and being forgiven from my sins is not a salvation. Forgiveness is not the grace that Jesus bought. It was there even before him. So all these Churches who relay on Sinners player are taking people to old conventant life where you get only forgiven but not saved.

What is salvation? To be saved from Sin. Matthew 1-21:-
She will bear a Son; and you shall call His name Jesus, for ]He will save His people from their sins.

To be really saved from their sins, they need to seek sanctification, they need to workout what God is willing to work inside them. Not everyone who are forgiven are saved. And it is sad that salvation is today reduced to just being forgiven, which was there even before Jesus came to earth. How many churches preach true salvation which is not just going from Hell to heaven but to be saved from Sin.

God is not interested in numbers, Jesus said large number of people are on their way to hell. Only few will find the narrow way. Devil has blinded people to believe that if I have large number of people getting converted then there is God presence. But it is not true.

2012/10/23 13:03Profile
jimp

Re:

sree, what happened on the day of pentacost? why did they mention the large number. which were saved ,which were not saved?each number represents someone who misses hell. it would be nice if those numbers include your family and dear friends . sanctification comes from faith in the cross also.either you are dead and buried with Him or not.either you arein Christ or not.i am glad that i am one included in the numbers.jimp

2012/10/23 14:12Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

sree, what happened on the day of pentacost? why did they mention the large number. which were saved ,which were not saved?each number represents someone who misses hell. it would be nice if those numbers include your family and dear friends . sanctification comes from faith in the cross also.either you are dead and buried with Him or not.either you arein Christ or not.i am glad that i am one included in the numbers.jimp

I am not against mentioning number. I am against saying that just because the number is high it is work of God. God is not interested in numbers. It is true that only a reminiscent will be saved. The day of Pentecost is not about numbers it is about people (Apostles) who were once afraid of Jews (to stand for Jesus) stood in-front of them, speaking boldly about Jesus, whom the Jews crucified. This boldness and change of nature is the evidence of work of the spirit.

Again you keep thinking that Salvation is escaping Hell, no it is not. There is not a single verse in Bible that says Salvation is escaping hell and Going to Heaven. Heaven is a by product of being saved from Sinful nature. These are ideas of people who want more men to get more money. Anyone will be interested in Heaven, if you ask one do you want to go to heaven he will say yes, tell this prayer, he will say yes. Does that mean he is saved? How can God save someone from his Sins if he still loves living in Sin?

2012/10/23 14:33Profile
stevet83

Re:

Sree,
You cant be justified/forgiven apart from being regenerated and the result of that is glorification. You make it sound As if God can forgive sin but not deliver from the power of it.

2012/10/23 14:59Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

You make it sound As if God can forgive sin but not deliver from the power of it.

I never said that. I am saying being forgiven does not mean we are saved from the power of sin. The Prodigal son's father (who is the image of God) accepted his son when he turned back. But what if the son wants to go back again? Do you think the father will chain him? No.
Same way God never takes our free will. How can God save someone from the power of Sin if the person loves living in sin? Sinner's payer acknowledges that we are sinners, but that is not enough, do we hate our sins? Do we really seek to be free from that? Do we really realize that I cannot save myself from the power of sin and I need a savior?

In every miracle that Jesus did he always made sure the person he healed has both faith and hunger to be healed. If the blind man answered Jesus that, I am happy being blind, do you think Jesus will forcefully give him sight? I believe he would have walked away from the blindman. But does that mean Jesus cannot heal the blind man?

2012/10/23 15:25Profile
jimp

Re:

dear sree, where does it say God is not interested in numbers?he promised abraham that his seed would have the numbers like the stars. thoughout the scriptures, eveything was numbered,their is even a book of numbers. each number is someone that Jesus died for. why do you think that these people are going to live in any more sin than you live with. why do not see that Jesus conquered sin for those who believe.your statements are not true because they are based upon you working to keep yourself saved. Jesus is the One who saves and keeps us saved.He is our redeemer. He is the one who cut the covenant in His body for God and man for us. He is the one who interceeds for us. we are born into Him.He died for the whole world and came not to condemn the world. He wants the biggest number posible.jimp

2012/10/23 16:20Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy