SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Google has de-listed SermonIndex (almost all pages) Ways you can help

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
You have more direct references than any Christian site I have ever seen on Google....

You are highly and accurately publicized on the Google ranch, and the Word is getting out around the World....Even Eritrea!

Brother, that is the issue the site has alot of links towards it. One problem could be wrong links from bad sites that why I encouraged those have have a christian website or blog to link to sermonindex a few times on it.

It seems searches for "sermonindex" work now and its back to the top with the featured status.

But any other searches for other content such as: aw tozer sermons
the ranking is on the 2nd page instead of the top 2-3 hits on the front page. So there has been a severe demoting of the site.

2012/10/19 11:38Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Third, I saw site response time given as a factor. I have been wondering why the site is many times slower over the past few months. It used to load very speedily, but now a page takes five or more seconds to load, a pretty long wait.

Though we have been working to ensure the site loads fast this should not be an issue to majorly demote a website in search rankings it is just 1 of 100 things they look for to rank a site.

Quote:
Google shows you search results based on searches you do and web pages you visit.

Agreed and that is on the problems to me that does not sit easy with me if someone wants to visit christian sites google could decide for any reason to not let them because maybe google wants to balance out their diet of these sites etc. This could easily be used for the wrong.

And the results that are happening now I have verified really are not to do with specific tailored results for individuals but all are having the links demoted.

Thank you for your continued prayers saints.

2012/10/19 11:42Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Google used to include SermonIndex as a top result for other search terms that do not include the words "SermonIndex."

For instance, a search for "Leonard Ravenhill messages" used to include messages contained on SermonIndex in the top few spots. Now, SermonIndex is on the second page...behind a few websites that likely have less traffic.

This potentially has an immense impact on the number of visitors to the site. It is akin to the difference from advertising on the front page of a newspaper to the second page.

Oddly, while the search results for Leonard Ravenhill don't list SermonIndex until the second page, David Wilkerson results are listed as the #1 search return with Google.

Unfortunately, I have noticed the same thing with Bing.

I went to a local Microsoft Store yesterday and took the "Bing Challenge." You search for five things, choose the results which are your favorites (either Google or Bing) and see the results. I searched for SermonIndex, Leonard Ravenhill messages, David Wilkerson messages, A. W. Tozer messages and revival sermons. Bing results were similar to Google's in this regard.

I suspect that the algorithms used by these sites are altered from time to time. In fact, Google's "Panda" and "Penguin" search algorithm was changed this week.

http://www.examiner.com/article/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-latest-google-algorithm-update

I will remain in prayer over this!

2012/10/19 11:52Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re:

I am going to do all I can to get folk who blog to post the sermonindex link to their site. This is such a good way to hear the word of truth.

2012/10/19 14:09Profile

Re: Google has de-listed SermonIndex (almost all pages) Ways you can help

When I search for SermonIndex on Google from the UK I get 704,000 search listings in .5 second.

Still the ability of the SI site to load is definitely challenged. Either this has something to do with commercial bandwidth restrictions on CloudFlare's dynamic bandwidth protocol implementation or else their is a DNS configuration issue possibility the DNS zone table needs re-installing, your problem may be with the DNS reverse lookup. Or you are being ping attacked from a chinese gateway.

Your server reporting facilities will tell you if the latter one is true. Or if you have access to the DNS TAG you could check the dns zone table other wise ask the Hosting server warehouse if they are restricting bandwidth for technical reasons. The delays in loading the root of the sire will have nothing to do with Google listings in any event as the information to load the requested page is directed through the ARPA DNS Root and not a search engine.

2012/10/19 19:53
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Brother,

Thanks for your thoughts, yes they still have alot of pages indexed but sadly they have lowered the page rank status it seems for the site very low. I am still trying to determine why this happened. So instead of page results being on the 1st page they are on the 2,3 or 4th etc.

I am trying to also determine the reasons for some pages loading slowly and I have narrowed down some possible problems to remedy. We were having close to 10,000 unique visitors a day on the site for a period of time and this has shown the lack of the site to be able to handle the load. So perhaps this is a grace period from the Lord to give me time to fix the site to handle the extra visitors.

I will look into your other thoughts brother, thank you!

--

Also for everyone:

Please firstly pray that the Lord allows this for the good and it gets listed again soon. Yes praying does matter and God will at times not work unless the people of God pray.

Secondly a very positive way you can help is link to www.sermonIndex.net from your blog, or website. By putting a few links on your blog or website will give the site extra POSITIVE credit which will make it seem more valid to be listed.

Thank you saints for your help.

2012/10/21 2:23Profile
Josef83

Sweden

Re:

I have done alot of SEO.
And it might just be a new SEO guy who put other websites before Sermonindex. It has nothing to do with goolge.
THey got a rank sysmtem on how to rank a site.
First thing on the rank is always the url.
So if you serach for sermonindex in google it should always be number one.
but in links etc also effect but doest have to do.
depends on what power the in links draw.
A good website has alot of power and a useless wesite has no power.
So basically its possible to have 1 M in links and stil it wont effect your websites rank.
I bet Sermonindex got a quit high ranking in google so it should stay up there. But I have seen cases where totally new website tolattly without content have ended up as number one in google just because of the url name.

2012/10/21 5:19Profile

Illegitimi non carborundum ...Let's whip 'em!

GREG: Please post a way to donate xtra cash to help you expand, or reincrypt, or whatever you need to do so to get ur done.

[ I know it is there...but I'm slow...so please re-post for me...]

I want to commit $25. to help....and perhaps others too would feel led to do so...

Tom.

2012/10/21 9:02

Tag Line removed

Double Post

2012/10/21 9:47

Supporting SI Financially

Quote:
GREG: Please post a way to donate xtra cash to help you expand, or reincrypt, or whatever you need to do so to get ur done.

[ I know it is there...but I'm slow...so please re-post for me...]

I want to commit $25. to help....and perhaps others too would feel led to do so...

Tom.

I wonder if this might not be the time for all of us who value this forum to consider making a financial commitment to the upkeep and maintenance of SI. Greg has borne this burden for many years and no doubt with the help of others as well. Although sometimes I feel that I don't fully understand the direction of the site discussion forum the sermons and articles are precious indeed. As the years roll on there are less and less truly sound presentations of the Gospel and this site will therefore become an eternal weight of importance in the end. We just have to remember how it was for ourselves when we first believed. Every good word was like pure milk for the soul. We sought it out and were often disappointed but when we found it we were filled and gave God the praise. I pray that the Lord moves more brethren at this time to support this ministry.

2012/10/21 9:50

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy