SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Google has de-listed SermonIndex (almost all pages) Ways you can help

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Brother,

Yes now it is showing some of the query searches but still if searching for anything like: Leonard Ravenhill, A.W. Tozer, or any other name on the site it is not showing on the front page where it was easily before.

Also when searching for "sermonindex" it showed the site as a featured listing it does not do this anymore.

We recently had those spam attacks on the site where many spam links were posted, I cleaned them up right afterwards but maybe that has penalized the site is one of my thoughts.

Thank you for your continued prayers and if you have a website or blog do consider linking to www.sermonindex.net to help promote the site for better rankings on google.

2012/10/19 0:24Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Got it brother, will be praying.

2012/10/19 1:02Profile
wijnand

Re:

Dear brothers,

Google has made some changes in there crawler. What you experience, a lot more are experiencing.

What would help:
1. Speed of website. You need to have a website as fast as possible.
2. Combine javascript-files so you got less code.
3. Keywords: max 500 characters, max 25 keywords.
4. Description: max 150 characters, max 30 words.
5. Use h1, h2 and h3 the right way. In h1/titles, put the keywords of that specific page also (at least some --> you get longer title's and h1's but it helps).
6. Use internal links (think that works already).
7. Use a sitemap and give it to google (through google webmaster tools).
8. Use microdata where you can.
9. Not to much links.
10. Very important: use permalinks/canonical-links and make sure you use 'pretty urls' like: /preachers/leonard-ravenhill/sermon-why-revival-tarries
11. Give a description on every page (visible for the people) which use the same words as in the keywords.

Some tools that I use for SEO:

http://goo.gl/lDCX7

https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/home?hl=nl

http://www.google.com/trends/

http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.nl/

Maybe this will help.
Greg, I don't know if you use joomla still? If so, maybe it's good to look if you can create the website made with own code on a own framework?

2012/10/19 2:50Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Dear Brother,

Thank you for these suggestions, I have really worked and done much with the first suggestions but the later ones I will look more closely into.

6. Use internal links (think that works already).
7. Use a sitemap and give it to google (through google webmaster tools).
8. Use microdata where you can.
9. Not to much links.
10. Very important: use permalinks/canonical-links and make sure you use 'pretty urls' like: /preachers/leonard-ravenhill/sermon-why-revival-tarries
11. Give a description on every page (visible for the people) which use the same words as in the keywords.

Please give me an email at: [email protected] I would like to ask you more questions brother if you had time.

2012/10/19 2:53Profile

Re: Google has de-listed SermonIndex (almost all pages) Ways you can help

My dear Greg,
not the case for this laptop, i immediately put in 'sermonindex' into google, and everything is at the top....number one return.

fret not.

2012/10/19 4:54
Filu63

Near Winchester UK

Re: Google de-listed Sermon Index

It came up top of my google results list also, even if you separate the two words like I did! I wondered if that was because I frequently use the site, so went in through my sons account - he uses different browser and has never accessed site, and again it was top.

2012/10/19 5:41Profile

OKOKOKOKOKOKOK!

I too googled sermonindex, and it began here.......which I clicked.....and the next 35 pages........and many more waiting to be turned.[ maybe hundreds.]

I suspect that either you were temporarily hacked by a Google employee.......or one of the vast number of trolls that hate this site......and that Google reinstated this anomaly as they turned their encryption over for the day, or for them, probably every hour.

You have more direct references than any Christian site I have ever seen on Google....

You are highly and accurately publicized on the Google ranch, and the Word is getting out around the World....Even Eritrea!

2012/10/19 6:03
Koheleth

NC

Re: Google has de-listed SermonIndex (almost all pages) Ways you can help

A couple of things to keep in mind. First, you will notice people are getting different search results for the same terms. For some people, SI appears on the first page and for others not until much later. You have to remember that Google shows you search results based on searches you do and web pages you visit. They do not return the same search results to everyone, so if SI is ranked lower now, it could be due to your own browsing habits.

Second, on the search engine Greg listed GodWeb.info, I typed in sermonindex and the .com and .org sites came up at the top, but not the .net site, which I believe is the main site. So this is happening outside of Google.

Third, I saw site response time given as a factor. I have been wondering why the site is many times slower over the past few months. It used to load very speedily, but now a page takes five or more seconds to load, a pretty long wait.

Finally, when I enter "sermonindex" into Google, this site appears #1 at the top of the list. If anyone else doesn't see that, you have to attribute it to Google trying to show you results tailored for your interests. I think I have heard there might be a way to turn that off, but I am not familiar with that.

2012/10/19 7:10Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

It is back at the top of my search results list as well- i typed "sermonindex."

Yesterday, when I first saw Greg's email, it was about 3/4 the way down the first page. Last night, it was not on the first page at all.

This morning, it is back up top.

Who knows.

2012/10/19 7:24Profile
CPSELVARAJU

Re:

Dear Brother,
Sermonindex.net is working properly.Opening all without any problem.

2012/10/19 8:13Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy