SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Google has de-listed SermonIndex (almost all pages) Ways you can help

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Google has de-listed SermonIndex (almost all pages) Ways you can help

Saints,

It seems as if Google has de-listed the sermonindex site so when you search for "sermonindex" you do not get SermonIndex.net We have gone ahead and asked google to verify why this has happened etc. Please firstly pray that the Lord allows this for the good and it gets listed again soon. Yes praying does matter and God will at times not work unless the people of God pray.

Secondly a very positive way you can help is link to www.sermonIndex.net from your blog, or website. By putting a few links on your blog or website will give the site extra POSITIVE credit which will make it seem more valid to be listed.

Thank you saints for your help.

2012/10/18 19:53Profile

Re: Google has de-listed SermonIndex (almost all pages) Ways you can help

The gates of hell shall not prevail against you, brother.
This site is built on the Rock of Christ! Hallelu Yah.
Will pray gladly for favor from Google.

2012/10/18 20:25
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

We received a message from a brother:

Steven Ray Ummm... I provide SEO services and collected 715,000 direct results from searching for SermonIndex using the query operator: site:sermonIndex.net I don't see any indicators of being blacklisted on Google. Bing on the other hand, only provided 59,200 results.

and my reply:

Greg Gordon Yes but I think every listing is demoted SERVERLY such as just searching for "sermonindex" you do not find the actual site homepage even on the first 2 pages where before it was listed number 1, etc. Brother steve if you had any time and desire to help serve and help that would be great.

--

So it seems the site has not been totally de-listed just servely demoted for some reason. May God again open doors with Google to show favour, this shows saints how if they wanted to minimize a site for a specific search phrase such as "home churches" "persecution" etc they could very easily.

In my mind there is not logical reason for them to take down sermonindex so quickly from their rankings.

Thank you for your continued prayers. Over 50% of the traffic is directly from google search results.

2012/10/18 20:28Profile

I just searched Leonard Ravenhill and the first link for sermonindex.net was on the 5 page. it didn't use to be that far down... odd

2012/10/18 20:34
Anamosa41

Georgia, USA

I'm praying, brother Greg. I do hope this is not due to some sort of opposition from Google.

2012/10/18 20:38Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

The problem is that those accessing the site from Search Engines over 90% of those results are from Google. In the end this could show how it is not healthy or right to have one search engine being so pre-dominate.

Let's pray this is cleared up soon.

2012/10/18 20:41Profile
dkr777

Re:

The Lord is greater than Google!!!

He WILL work this out for His good...

-dkr777

2012/10/18 20:57Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Continuing in prayer!

2012/10/18 21:05Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

I thought it had always been like that...
That's why I had wondered why the original "search" feature was taken out. It didn't seem to me the site: sermonindex.net option worked as well.
I kept getting various other sites along with it..

2012/10/18 21:24Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi Greg,

If you need someone to speak with them locally, let me know. I am located about two miles from their campus.

Regardless, I will continue to remember this in prayer!

2012/10/18 23:26Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy