SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : God hates and loves the sinner.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re: God hates and loves the sinner.

As Christians, it is us who are to hate the sin and love the sinner and have no feelings of hatred toward them. Only God has the authority to hate both the sin and sinner.

"Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord."-Romans 12:19

One important way to express love to lost souls is by sharing the gospel with them, warning them of God's wrath, just like the prophets, our Lord Jesus, and the apostles and disciples did, as well as sharing the good news of God's mercy and grace with them. Hope that wasn't too long of a sentence :)

2012/10/19 17:15Profile
stevet83

Re:

God hates the sinner as much as the sin. Sometimes we view things from the wrong perspective. God is holy, He has the right to hate the sinner. There's nothing wrong with that. Or dont you know man is sinful?

2012/10/19 17:31Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, if God hates the sinner why would He give His only begottenSon to die in the sinners behalf?why would He pour out His wrath upon Jesus as He bled and died on the cross for sinners? that is the greatest gift of love ever given. in that one act on the cross, Jesus conquered sin, death,and the grave. He did not cover our sin but took away the sin for us. Jesus said that He did not come to condemn the world but through Him the world might be saved. the world was nothing but sinners from then til now. the statement that God hates sinners has no place in the gospel message because it is an obvious mistatement of the truth.God is love. i can hear Him saying "niether do I condemn you, Go and sin no more.jimp

2012/10/19 18:04Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

hi, we can try to reason away the clear teaching of scripture on God's wrath from the both the old and new testaments, but it won't change that truth one bit. To deny the reality of God's wrath upon unrepentant sinners after being shown that truth clearly from the New Testament is dangerous ground. It is border-line heresy at best and complete apostasy at worse.

2012/10/19 18:29Profile
stevet83

Re:

Jimp,
Please understand that I simply stated what I believe. If you disagree,(which I think you do) there's nothing wrong with that.
" if God hates the sinner why would He give His only begottenSon to die in the sinners behalf? why would He pour out His wrath upon Jesus as He bled and died on the cross for sinners?"
In one word: grace. There wasn't anything I did to give God a reason to save me from the wrath I deserve.

2012/10/19 19:31Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, take a look at how Jesus treated the sinners He met in the bible and you cannot find any hatred. if you have seen Me you have seen the Father.it is impossible for Love to hate.jimp

2012/10/19 19:54Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Okay, I'll play the game of logic or reason for a moment. If God is not wrath-filled or angry with the wicked everyday like Psalm 7:11 tells us, why does He cast them into eternal hell-fire? Again, He does not only punish the sin but the sinner if he does not repent.

The word wrath means fierce anger and it is found throughout the new testament in reference to God. Why would you want to deny something so clear in God's Word?

Many folk make up a nice santa clause god in their mind(an idol)who has no wrath, because it makes them feel comfortable in their sins. That is the way of the world, false religions, cults, and apostate Christianity. Don't go that route which leads to the damnning of your soul.

Embrace the one true living God of the Holy Bible. He offers mercy through the cross of Christ, but will by no means clear the unrepentant sinner if he dies without repentance.

2012/10/19 19:57Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, because they were condemned already. the rejection of the provision of the cross,even the eating of the wrong tree and rejecting the tree of Life.we condemn ourselves and sentence ourselves by not putting on Jesus.God does not hate (hate is evil) God is not evil.God is more than just...he is merciful.that is not hate.think about hating your own children of which i have8...i have seen mothers and fathers go get on a bus to go to a prison every week to visit someone who tortured a man to death. if you being human will give gifts that are good, how much more shall your heavenly father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask.jimp

2012/10/19 20:13Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, take a look at how Jesus treated the sinners He met in the bible and you cannot find any hatred. if you have seen Me you have seen the Father.it is impossible for Love to hate.jimp

2012/10/19 20:19Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

hi, Jesus' message was not all about God's love. What did He do in the temple to those who sold religion? Jesus warned about God's wrath more than any other preacher who has walked this earth. Don't just take one side of Jesus and run with it while ignoring the rest of Him. The Jesus of the Bible is far different than most people have in mind. Jesus is coming back in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God -2Thess.1:7-9. Many will fall under the wrath of the Lamb. Read Revelation 1 and you get a picture of the real Jesus. Don't worship a false Jesus who is only about love. Embrace the real Jesus of the Holy Bible.

2012/10/19 20:32Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy