SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Fave Message on Faith

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
lovejt

Fave Message on Faith

I wanted to ask everyone...what is your favorite sermon(s)/message(s) on faith? Especially if its based on Heb 11? Is there a particular sermon(s) that was so pivotal and life-changing/transforming that radically shifted your direction spiritually/physically that comes to mind? TQ.

2012/10/17 9:57Profile
lovejt

Re: Fave Message on Faith

This message really blessed me.

The Unreasonableness of Faith: David Wilkerson

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=3023&commentView=itemComments

2012/10/28 20:27Profile

Re:

The most important and pivotal message I ever heard on faith was called Emunah-The Jewish Understanding of Faith, by Jacob Prasch.

It completely reshaped my idea of faith, and those whom I shared it with as well. If you want to listen to it, send me an email and I'll host it.

2012/10/28 20:31
Jeremy221

Re:

Is the one you were referring to Grant?

Faith by Jacob Prasch

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=11885&commentView=itemComments

2012/10/29 0:42Profile

Re:

That one is good, but it's more of a condensed version on the same topic. Still a good listen though.

2012/10/29 2:03
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: Fave Message on Faith

One of my favorite books on the subject of faith is "Ever Increasing Faith" by Smith Wigglesworth.

http://www.worldinvisible.com/library/wigglesworth/5f00.0930/5f00.0930.c.htm

2012/10/29 12:03Profile
lovejt

Re:

Thanks for the suggestions. :)

Check your email Grant.
I will definitely check out the Smith Wigglesworth book.

I'll share what i was reading this morning.

Excerpts from Faith and Its Pilgrim Spirit by Andrew Murray

Hebrews 11:13-16 (NKJV)
13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off were assured of them, embraced them and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
14 For those who say such things declare plainly that they seek a homeland.
15 And truly if they had called to mind that country from which they had come out, they would have had opportunity to return.
16 But now they desire a better, that is, a heavenly country. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them.

First comes--'having seen them from afar'; faith was to them the revelation of unseen things. Then follows--'having embraced them, they gladly greeted, welcomed, accepted, and appropriatd them, and lived as those to whom they belonged.' Then follows the receiving. Some of the promises they did indeed received, as we have seen in the birth of Isaac. But the promises, in their full meaning, they did not received; this is our privilege. Seeing, embracing, and receiving are the three great steps in the life of faith.

'Having confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.' Faith is such a power that rules the whole life. The faith of a man makes him forsake his home for our goldfields. Faith made them pilgrims and strangers and secured them the divine blessings.

Our great lesson is this: Faith makes us pilgrims and strangers here on earth. Is the true, intense pilgrim spirit really a duty for all? If we are disciples of Christ, each one of us must seek to have as much of His Spirit as can be. If we are to be led by Him in the new and living way, to live with Him in the Holiest of All, we must, like Him, live here as pilgrims and strangers.

Faith makes us heavenly minded. Separation from the world is essential to a life of faith. Adam's fall was a fall under the power and spirit of this visible world. Christ gave Himself that He might deliver us from this present evil world. The world we live in--the so-called 'Christian' world--is still the same that rejected Christ. While professing His name, its spirit of devotion to the things that are seen; its pursuit of pleasure and riches and honor; its delight and its boasting of culture and prosperity--each of these shows a spirit that is utterly at variance with the Christlike and heavenly minded spirit. This is the reason why so many seek to grow in faith but fail. They would desire to live in the Holiest, but they would do so without forsaking the world. Until the kingdom of heaven in its power, as it came down from the throne of God in heaven, becomes our one desire, and until we leave all and sell all for this pearl of great price, our faith cannot stand in the power of God or overcome the world. As we give ourselves wholly to this, our faith will grow; we will become men and women of faith, marked by this one thing--a faith that lifts us into the heavenly world and makes us pilgrims and strangers here.

2012/10/29 15:17Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Thank you for posting this article by Andrew Murray.

Another good book on faith is "The Real Faith" by Charles Price.

http://www.enterhisrest.org/history/the_real_faith.pdf

2012/10/29 19:56Profile
lovejt

Re:

Thanks Abide.

Here is another excerpt i read earlier today....

Faith Blessing the Children

By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau, even concerning things to come. By faith Jacob, when he was a dying, blessed each of the sons of Josesph; and worshipped, leaning upon the top of his staff. By faith Joseph, when his end was nigh, made mention of the departure of the children of Israel; and gave commandment concerning his bones. By faith Moses, when he was born, was hid three months by his parents, because they saw he was a goodly child; and they were not afraid of the king's commandment. --Hebrews 11:20-23

It is remarkable how much, both in this chapter and through all Scripture, faith has to do with the relationship of parents and children. In nature, the life of the parents is imparted to the children. In the spiritual world, it may be so, too; the communion of faith with God reaches the children, too; the man of strong faith is a blessing to his children. In all these cases, faith was the secret inspiration of their treatment of their children and the source of blessing. Faith never confines itself to the person of the believer himself but also takes in his home and children.

And how is it that the Christian parent can secure this longed-for blessing for his children? There is but one answer: by faith. Our lives must be all faith--that is, the unseen things must be our life; yeah, rather, the unseen God must be our life. The blessing and the power are His, and it is as we have more of God in our lives and in our home that there will be the hidden power resting on our children. Faith does not only mean a knowing that there is a covenant promise for our children and a pleading of it in prayer. This is an exercise of faith and has great value, but the chief thing is the life; faith is the making way for God and giving Him place in our lives.

From the patriarchs, we learn what the atmosphere and what the soil is in which there grows such a faith that blesses the children. They were living in the Land of Promise as strangers and pilgrims, or in Egypt as strangers and pilgrims, too, longing for the return to the land. And they had nothing to live on but God. It is a law of nature that no body can be in two places at the same time. This is just as true of the heart. When God took Abraham and his seed out of their country it was so that the Land of Promise--the land of separation from men, of separation unto God--might be to them the training school of faith. They went out from the fellowship of home and family to live in the fellowship of God. It was there that they learned by faith to bless the children.

Separation from the world; a being set apart unto God; the denial of self and its life; the imitation of Abraham in his going out and of Christ in His self-sacrifice--this is the only way to the Land of Promise where the faith-life flourishes. To live wholly for God; to hope alone in God; to always to walk with God; in all things to hearken to God--this is the new and living way into the inner sanctuary, in which Jesus our High Priest leads us. What the Land of Promise was to the patriarchs, as a place of the life of separation and obedience and faith, so the Holiest of All is to us. That is the place of which God has said to us, 'Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and form thy father's house, unto the land that I will shew thee..and I will bless thee' (Gen 12:1-2); that is the only place where our faith can grow freely and God can prove all His power in us so that we, like they, can be a display of what God can do. And that is the place where our faith will, in full measure, be a blessing to our children.

It is only by faith that we can bless. God is willing to bless us to larger circles than our own house. He is calling for vessels, empty vessels--and not just a few--in which He can multiply his blessing. He is the only Fountain of blessing; as our faith yields to God and allows Him to be all, His blessing will flow.

2012/11/1 20:04Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, i am enjoying these posts... faith is being faithfull to what God has told to do.belief into obedience to Gods directive word.jimp

2012/11/1 21:29Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy