SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Daily Renewal in the Spirit of the Mind

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
But certainly it can be both. I have read accounts of young converts in festricd nations who spend hours a day reading tbe New Testament. Or those who ave never owned such getting tbeir first Bibke. They cannot out it down. bear master

My own experience as a new convert was very much a case of not being able to put the bible down once I started reading it. I can't explain why I had such a need to read as much as I did, but I read for many hours a day. I was restricted, if you count being in jail being restricted. I have never experienced the same need since that time. It was as though I would loose touch with God in some way. The Scriptures are wonderful you had to acknowledge that fact. They have proved to be the most satisfying and intelligent reading I had every undertaken by far. Praise God for giving them to us.

2012/10/14 17:53

Re:

Brother may God grant us all that hunger you had. May he restore that hunger again to you. Thank you for your encouraging testimony.

Bearnaster.

2012/10/14 18:35
rainydaygirl

Re:

This is why I have broken away from regimentally reading God's Word like a chore each day for a set amount of time, and I have no condemntation or conviction. In fact, I have grown exponentially and God has fed me abundantly with Bread of Life once I decided to slow down and digest one morsel at a time. I may sit on one verse for a week and not read anything else. Now, if it is not a chore for a person to adhere to a reading plan, then that is fine - I say go at it! Just make sure Jesus Christ is making what is ink on paper a reality within the hidden corridors of the heart.

---

i have read your article through a few times now and just really wanted to say thanks. in many ways reading what you wrote, especially this quoted portion has really helped. i had been feeling some condemnation over not reading the Bible every day for a set amount of time but i realize now when i get caught up in trying to follow that routine its kind of empty for me.

rdg

2012/10/14 18:59Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy