SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Calvinism, Arminianism, or a Third Option

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
jdlashley

South Carolina

Calvinism, Arminianism, or a Third Option

I have just recently placed a piece regarding this issue on my website. If anyone is interested in reading it and then commenting here, please do.

http://churchianityorthecrossxstudies.weebly.com/calvinism-arminianism-or-a-third-option.html

2012/10/12 14:17Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Calvinism, Arminianism, or a Third Option

Dear Brother,

On this issue I believe that we over-complexize it every time we attach a long string of doctrinal theological beliefs. Paul the Apostle never does this though he was capable intellectually to explain every mode and nuance of salvation. Rather he makes it crystal clear how simple salvation is to define.

CHRIST IN YOU IS THE MESSAGE OF THE GOSPEL

Colossians 1:27: "To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which[d] is Christ in you, the hope of glory."

Colossians 1:28: "Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus."

CHRIST IN YOU FREES YOU FROM SIN

Romans 8:10: "And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness."

CHRIST IN YOU IS YOUR ETERNAL SECURITY

2 Corinthians 13:5: "Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you are disqualified."

The apostles saw the Gospel as a person: The Lord Jesus Christ not simply a doctrinal string of points. Such thinking would have been foreign to the apostles. So from my vantage point I do not see 2, 3, 4 or more options theologically, I see only one and that is the Person of Jesus Christ Himself. Him is whom we must believe, he is a living Son of God and by His Spirit He indwells us and gives us life and directs us. Though we also have the written word of God without the Spirit of God directing us we will still not be able to obey or hear God's voice and direction.

2012/10/12 15:42Profile
jdlashley

South Carolina

Re:

Indeed, the Gospel in and of itself is the epitome of simplicity. And I would not use trivial theological concepts to cloud that fact. As I state in my article, there are some hills I will not die on. When it comes to such things as 'limited/unlimited atonement' I won't suffer a papercut. But, I will give up my life for the 'Deity of Christ'.

2012/10/12 16:36Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Quote:
But, I will give up my life for the 'Deity of Christ'.

That is a serious statement; I've made a similar statement and the question came to mind, would I as readily lay down my life for a brother who holds to some different doctrine than I do?

If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? (1 John 4:20)

In Christ,

Ron

2012/10/12 20:58Profile
proudpapa

Re: InTheLight

Hi Ron, great thought!!

brother Ron wrote
///would I as readily lay down my life for a brother who holds to some different doctrine than I do?

If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? (1 John 4:20)

In Christ,

Ron///

2012/10/12 23:14Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

The only option; "Christ in you the hope of glory".

In Christ: Phillip

2012/10/13 14:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy