SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Can an Evangelical Christian Vote for a Mormon? by Franklin Graham

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

2 Cor. 11:3.......But I am afraid that just as Eve wa deceived by tbe serpents cunning, your minds nay somehow be ked astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ.

2 Cor. 11:14-15.......And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end eill be what tbeir actions deserve.

In light of the above verses Mit Romney is far mire dangerous and deceptive then Barrack Obama is. One knows tbe policies of this president. But a man comes out of a deceptive Satanic cult and speaks morality and the evangelical church goes Gaga over him. He is moral they say. Saints it was the moral majority who put Jesus to death.

I have no doubt many will get Mitt Romney to be tbeir leader. And you will rejoice. But remember Israel when they asked for a king. And remember Israel again when they told Pilot we have no king but Caesar. Israel paid dearly. And so will tbe evangelical church in tbeir support of Romney.

Saints I implore you. Please do not give in to the deception. Listen to tbe SI messages of the conference. Heed tbe urgency of tbe hour. Flee Babylon and cleave as unto Christ. For God is calling a people to be separate as unto him.

I remind you again that it was the moralist of Jesus day who out him to death. And it will be the moralist of our day who will persecute the saints of God.

Bearmaster.

2012/10/11 22:46
rainydaygirl

Re:

bear, how can you say Mitt Romney is more dangerous or deceptive, both men are fallen, both are sinners living for self, both are enemies of God and children of the enemy so how can one be worse then the other. both are in need of prayer, you speak of praying for the lost how many times have you prayed for either of these two men? Mitt Romney is not past saving, pray for him and president Obama both need prayer for their salvation. you say Mitt Romney is the leader of a cult religion, president Kennedy was the follower of a cult religion and God used him for his purpose and he will use whomever wins the next election for his purpose as well. nothing takes God by surprise, after all the one who wins is put into power by God.

i have appreciated much of what you have shared but i still ask you to reread your other post, your words were very judging toward other believers.

rdg

2012/10/11 22:58Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Bearmaster,

You are making assumptions again. No one is going "gaga" over Governor Romney. No one is endorsing the cult that he belongs to. Some people just think that he would be a better president.

You don't know whether or not Mitt Romney will be elected (regardless of the lack of doubt that you claim).

You can share your opinion...but you need to face the fact that many believers will listen to your opinion and disagree with it. You have no right to dismiss our faith and make vile suggestions about the condition of our faith.

It is a good thing to listen to the messages from the conference. It is a good thing to flee deception. It is good to understand that there is urgency in this hour. It is a good thing to "flee Babylon." However, you need to understand that this is true of ALL of us. To suggest otherwise can be a sign of spiritual pride that is publicly raised over those who you don't agree with.

None of us are being "moralists." If you are accusing anyone of this, then you need to stop. You also need to come to the realization that there are many believers here who want all of the things that you do in your life...but they may have a difference of opinion with you in regard to voting in November or deciding that one person might be better suited for the job of president than the other.

2012/10/11 23:30Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Bearmaster,

On this topic, it may be wise to "dust off your feet" and move along. Speak to those who will listen and hear.

Nothing personal against my Romney voting brothers and sisters, but it pains me too much to see deception fall inside the family.

I love you all, but this is deception.

2012/10/12 0:51Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

I agree, Miccah. I often feel like dusting my feet on this matter too. However, it is continuously brought up.

Long ago, I pondered why we couldn't just share our view (making note that it is just that -- our view) and ask the brethren to PRAY intently before they make any decisions.

I do understand that you and some others think that it is "deception" if a person decides that Mitt Romney might be a better choice for president and, after prayer, feels the liberty or unction to support his candidacy. I understand.

Clearly: I hate Mormonism. I hate Catholicism. I hate Liberation Theology. However, I also pray long and hard about this -- as do many of the believers for whom some very condescending words are spoken (or, in this case, typed).

I do love you, Brother Miccah. However, we must leave some things up to the Holy Spirit. Let the Lord lead us. There is nothing wrong with sharing our view...especially when backed with Scripture...and then allowing the Lord to have His work.

After all, many of us are sincerely praying. We spend much time in prayer...daily. As a believer, the election is not high on my list or priorities when I go to God in my prayer closet. I long for HIM. I want to know HIM. I want to please HIM. I hunger and thirst to see HIS face. I desire to do HIS will. Yet, I do bring this up to Him. I search His Word to ascertain His thoughts as well.

The election will be over in a month. After that, I suspect that many believers will turn to squabbling over specific eschatology, Calvinism, Bible versions, the gifts of the Spirit and other such matters. One of the top two candidates will likely be the president. Yet, this doesn't change our need to go to God in prayer or present the Gospel to this lost and dying world.

I love you, brother. I just hope that you understand that this isn't nearly as significant as some would make it out to be...and that it is unlikely that all of us will agree upon this issue. Yet, before and after the election, we can still encourage one another in the faith as we each seek to walk with God.

May the Lord guide each of us.

2012/10/12 1:15Profile

Re:

I'm not voting for a pastor, I'm voting for a president.

We tend to look back on American history with nostalgia, sort of like David Barton does. It's nothing more than revisionist history. The vast majority of presidents this country have had were not Christians.

The following presidents were members of the KKK at varying degrees of involvement:

Warren G. Harding, Woodrow Wilson, McKinley, Calvin Coolidge, and Harry S. Truman.

Many have claimed that Abraham Lincoln was a Christian, but the fact is that little is known about Lincoln's faith. He was a life long non-church goer. That much we do know. His wife Mary dabbled in spiritualism and astrology.

The same is true for Ronald Reagan, and ironically his wife Nancy also dabbled in spiritualism and astrology. So much so that a lot of Reagan's travel schedule while president was dictated by Nancy's involvement with astology and fortune telling. I'm old enough to remember hearing about this in the secular media, this is not just speculation.

JFK... a Catholic... and a womanizer (adulterer).

Bill Clinton... a Southern Baptist... and a womanizer (adulterer).

Ulyses S. Grant never claimed to be a Christian. Good thing because his administration was one of the most corrupt in all of American history.

Thomas Jefferson was no friend of God's. He was a diest, but denied that Jesus rose from the dead. He took scissors and cut out every single miracle in the Bible. It's called the "Jefferson Bible" and you can see it today on display.

Many of our founding fathers were Christians, there is no doubt. But many were diests and Masons.

So I ask you folks... you who do not wish to vote for a Mormon... what is the difference between a Mormon and any other heathen who has held the office of president?

This much I can tell you: not voting for Romney, or not voting at all... is a vote for Obama. Obama is more than happy to see you sit this one out.

We are not voting for a spiritual leader, altho your religious freedoms are at stake.

The funny thing is that when JFK was running for office everyone freaked out because he was Catholic... and people tried to scare others into thinking that if he got elected the Pope would be the one calling shots for America. That never happened.

Now we are repeating history... vote Romney in and the LDS will control America!! C'mon... no it wont.

If America is in sad shape spiritually it is because of the CHURCH... and not because of who is president. We dont need to vote in a president who is a Christian... the church needs to get on it's knees and get serious about revival!

Besides, knowing this forum the way I do... if someone who was a born-again Christian ran for president there would NEVER be a concensus on here about him! Everyone would pick apart his doctrine, his theology, the denomination he belongs to... and then some here would be upset that he's even involved in politics in the first place... why isnt he a missionary??

So there ya go.

Krispy

2012/10/12 9:11
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Deception: the fact or condition of being deceived.

By definition, those under deception do not know they are deceived.

Sorry if my non-vote will not help get your guy in office. A no vote is a no vote. And I would rather not vote, then fall under deception.

2012/10/12 10:03Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

(krispy quote)This much I can tell you: not voting for Romney, or not voting at all... is a vote for Obama. Obama is more than happy to see you sit this one out.
--

i was agreeing with most of your post until this part. are you trying to "guilt" another believer into voting? some clarifying please??

i don't vote and yeah maybe by not voting Obama wins but its not my responsibility as a christian to vote, it is my responsibility to follow Jesus leading. all i know is i have to follow my conscious just like you are doing. i have prayed hard and long about this and i do not believe God wants me to vote. i will not push my understanding off on another believer and call them a sinner for voting, hope those who do vote can give the same consideration to those of us who feel led to not be involved with this worlds governments affairs.

rdg

2012/10/12 10:28Profile

Re:

Quote:
Sorry if my non-vote will not help get your guy in office. A no vote is a no vote. And I would rather not vote, then fall under deception.

So if I vote for Romney I'm being deceived?

ugh... c'mon. Times like these not only call for faith and trust in the Lord... but also for common sense.

Common Sense: Something a lot of Christians dont seem to be able grasp sometimes.

Krispy

2012/10/12 10:38

Re:

Quote:
i was agreeing with most of your post until this part. are you trying to "guilt" another believer into voting? some clarifying please??

A preface to everything I say here should be "if the Lord convicts you to a different conclusion than mine... by all means obey the Lord!"

I've been around here long enough sometimes I assume people understand that.

That is a disclaimer to anything I say on this forum, henceforth and forever more.

I never said anything about anyone sinning whether they vote or note. Let's try and stay focussed here and not get hysterical.:-)

Krispy

2012/10/12 10:41

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy