SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Organs taken after donor group ‘plays God’ with patients’ lives

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Organs taken after donor group ‘plays God’ with patients’ lives

Check this out...it is scary. It was not until recently I learned that this is a real concern among doctors. The issue arose when one of our grandchildren's school teacher had a heart transplant. They asked for input from doctors who embraces their faith for insight on whether to proceed. One said, "sure go ahead". The other expressed the same concern this article speaks of.

http://www.christian.org.uk/news/organs-taken-after-donor-group-plays-god-with-patients%E2%80%99-lives/

2012/10/11 14:21Profile
rainydaygirl

Re: Organs taken after donor group ‘plays God’ with patients’ lives

are you an organ donor? i'm not, never felt convicted about it being what the Lord would want. i don't know what to think any more about people in this world. you would like to think things like this story are made up or untrue but money and greed just seems to have such a hold on so many that i can see it happening.

you are right it is scary
rdg

2012/10/11 15:27Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

No, I am not but our boys are. I am just like you - I never felt compelled to be one.

Actually, the older I get the more mixed feeling I have about it even though our oldest son was the recipient of a cornea 25 years ago.

One other issue that bothers me is the outrageous costs a transplant entails. Except for corneas most will prolong the life of a recipient only a few years. Then another one will be needed and who pays? Insurance? Gov? and where do they get their money? Is it a wise expenditure of resources? Back when Lyn got his cornea it cost $8,000 plus doctor fees. This was paid for privately, otherwise if insurance would have paid for it it would have been $12,000.

I have a relative who got a heart and his mother said it cost a million dollars. For the rest of his life he will have to take meds to fight rejection. Frequent check-ups are essential for survival...I do not know, or maybe I do, but something just does not compute.

2012/10/12 20:44Profile

Re:

I am an organ donor, if they can use my parts have at it. In the ground or in a person if it's going to help extend life, great.

But this story is something you'd see on Star Trek Voyager where a race of people having Leprosy type conditions and needing body parts to replace theirs. They grabbed anything living, transporting their lungs right out of the body or whatever they needed.

The people that are looking for donors are paying big bucks for this service. They have the money and the doctors are greedy vultures.

2012/10/12 21:17

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy