SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : panes of glass through which we SEE GOD

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
rainydaygirl

panes of glass through which we SEE GOD

(This quote from a teaching is really amazing. love how the writer expresses the need to look past the physical situation and still see the beauty that is from God.)
rdg

Be willing to be fool enough at times to lift up your eyes and absorb the world around you. I don’t mean some weirdo pantheism where God is “in the tree” and “in the bush” and “in the waterfall.” You know I don’t mean for you to do something that would draw your attention away from the Person of God. I’m just saying that all the things of creation are meant to be panes of glass through which we SEE GOD. They are not something we would focus on, in and of themselves. “Oh, God’s in this, and God’s in that.” Rather, we see God through creation’s “panes of glass.” Let your eyes see past the panes of glass and into the very heart and mind of God. Explore that possibility, okay? Let your heart be open and look toward the heavens and find God. Find HIM in the little cotton balls of clouds, in the majesty of a sunset, and in the crash of the ocean waves.

Again, I am fully aware of the idolatry that takes place when people fix their gaze on “things” and find the wrong kind of pleasure in created things. This isn’t about worshiping nature and creation. We may not always have the privilege of beautiful scenery anyway. We need to be just as able to see God’s heart and experience His love in a damp, dark prison cell with sweaty, concrete walls and rats and grime and the excrement of man and beast! We need to be able to find God in that, just as easily. Paul and Silas worshiped God in their prison cells…and the doors swung open.

So, have a worshipful heart, where the eyes of your heart see past the limitations of what your physical eyes can see. Find GOD. Be worshipers who worship Him in Spirit and in Truth.

2012/10/11 8:57Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy