Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Jim Cymbala

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
todd

California

Jim Cymbala

I am wondering why there is only this one sermon of his to listen to floating around out there (Calling on the Name of the LORD). It is so powerful. DOes anyone know how to listen to more?
Was Cymbala influenced or mentored or connected in any way with Ravenhill? I heard Ravenhill mention a great move of God that was going on in Brooklyn. i wonder if he was referring to the Brooklyn Tabernacle.

2003/5/16 12:39Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Jim Cymbala

Quote:
I heard Ravenhill mention a great move of God that was going on in Brooklyn. i wonder if he was referring to the Brooklyn Tabernacle.

That would be awesome, cause I think it was a great move of God, the brooklyn tabernacle has really changed the community around them.

One problem is copyrights on the messages, I dont think I can reproduce them on the web? I should maby look into it more.

btw- I have a powerful video of cymbala that I would like to get up on this site!

2003/5/16 13:04Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Would that happen to be "My House Shall Be Called A House of Prayer"? If it is, you are so right! If not, highly reccomended. Saw it at our church and immediately sent off for a copy of it through their website. Rarely do you see a man so genuine, so passionate and just plain honest. No script to go by, obviously from the heart.The substance of the message is of being a praying church, something I will continue to pray our church and all of the local bodies will become.
crsschk :-)

2003/6/14 23:10Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Would that happen to be "My House Shall Be Called A House of Prayer"?

YES :-D

[url=http://www.brooklyntabernacle.org/media/Real/my_house.ram]Listen to a 11 Minute clip of this video[/url]

To purchase this video on VHS go to the [url=http://www.brooklyntabernacle.org/bookstore/product.cfm?pID=38]brookyln tabernacle site.[/url]

I have watched this video twice and it has really encouraged me.

2003/6/14 23:30Profile
todd

California

Re:

I just listened to the "Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire" interview clips of Jim. they were powerful and encouraging as usual. it seems to me like the one thing that is common in every revival is intense and desperate prayer. theologies and doctrines aside, if we would only pray. i think most people on this site would heartily agree. i just get so excited about that because it is so simple.

i am also very pleased to see all the new additions to the Cymbabla section. i look forward to listening to the rest soon. thanks Greg!

2003/6/30 23:29Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

No problem, its my pleasure!

I am praying about contacting the Brookyln Tabernacle to see if I can put up sermons from there church! the ones on the site are sermons and interviews, etc. from places he traveled to and preached therefore the copyright permissions are ok in that regard.

I would love to see more cymbala on this site forsure also.

2003/7/1 1:50Profile
heartsoffire

Re: My House Shall Be Called A House of Prayer

After listening to this message, I was overwhelmed with the sense of the power of God in the life of the praying believer. Though he never referred to the scripture, it brings new meaning to:

“Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much. Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the earth for three years and six months. Then he prayed again, and the sky poured rain and the earth produced its fruit. My brethren, if any among you strays from the truth and one turns him back, let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.” (James 5:16-20 NAS95)

It is no mistake that James sandwiches prayer between healing and saving someone from death.

Jim Cymbala's message ranks up there with Carter Conlon's "Run for Your Life," David Wilkerson's "When the Holy Spirit Departs," and Paris Reidhead's "Ten Shekels..." messages. These four messages should be heard by every member of the body of Christ.

I was telling someone today, that I've heard that message preached IN me by the Holy Spirit several times - which made it come more alive than ever and also challenged me more than ever to "commune with God" in a way that I've never done.

Anyone, with a heart for God, that listens to this message will come away changed.

2003/7/21 22:07Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy