SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Brokenhearted, i read this: "The fastest growing "religious" group in America is..."

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Rainydaygirl
I refer to this

Quote:

I break the mould there. Why do I post these things? Because I am a broken sinner before the presence of God, only able to stand because of the blood of Jesus Christ, that's why.

These words seem to say to me 'look at me I am broken and therefore I do these deeds' such as postings on FB. It comes off as patting oneself on the shoulder and wanting everyone to know of it.

2012/10/10 17:56Profile
richrock

UK

Re:

Maybe I should clarify.

I am a broken man - and glory to God for that. I will share amongst brothers and sisters my struggles, my overcoming if it helps another - are we not called to encourage one another?

I don't go quoting about my brokenness all over FB - I merely post things that would point people towards the gospel, to stir up awareness of their own personal sinful states, to show that Christ paid for that sin, and to repent and believe. Things that make people think, inspire other Christians, present Jesus as He truly is according to scripture.

Essentially, I don't care if I get lots of likes. What is important to me is that I have unsaved friends on Facebook I may never have a chance meet in person again, and I see it as one opportunity to give people the gospel. I'd rather post about the gospel than myself, rather post about salvation than inspiration because those people I will never see again - I may be the only time they have to read/see/hear the gospel based on what I choose to post. My unsaved family also read what I post, so I make sure that it is pertinent to their salvation, and I know from conversations that it is read and understood by them, giving me a chance to speak truth to family members who were once openly hostile to me, their son, for becoming a Christian.

Can I ask deadn, is the OP wrong to say that they were broken over the content of the story they posted? Or are they too exhibiting this mindless religiosity? I ask for clarity, because at the core of this thread is the issue of how broken we are over the ignorance of God by so many people, and in doing so they are destined for hell.

I hope I have cleared up exactly what I meant, and apologise for any misunderstanding that I would be like the Pharisees (boohoo look at me) but I point it all back to Christ who did the breaking, continues to do so day by day.

2012/10/10 18:27Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, in the 90s we were in a church in metairie la.,suburb of new orleans and a man answered to the call to the altar for healing after holding on tight for the salvation altar call.two weeks later ; he testified that he had terminal cancer and was sent home to die and he heard we prayed for the sick. he said his doctor could not find any cancer in him, he also stated that he was the head science professor at tulane univ. he wrote a few books later on creationism being the whole truth because he found a god who sid He could heal and deliver and He did. when you meet Truth all your lies vanish into hot air.jimp hestarted a group of scientist who serve Jesus and defend the bible.

2012/10/11 0:45Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, in the 90s we were in a church in metairie la.,suburb of new orleans and a man answered to the call to the altar for healing after holding on tight for the salvation altar call.two weeks later ; he testified that he had terminal cancer and was sent home to die and he heard we prayed for the sick. he said his doctor could not find any cancer in him, he also stated that he was the head science professor at tulane univ. he wrote a few books later on creationism being the whole truth because he found a god who sid He could heal and deliver and He did. when you meet Truth all your lies vanish into hot air.jimp hestarted a group of scientist who serve Jesus and defend the bible.

2012/10/11 0:50Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Two comments:

One:

jimp, mind sharing the name of this professor? does he have a website?

Two:

I wonder at the lack of religion among young Americans. I suggest that while stats indicate there is no belief, there really is in the core of their being - they just may not want to admit it. For example, do people not have a sense of right and wrong? Where does this sense come from? Do they get upset when this sense is violated? Of course, they may not if it does not effect them, but let them become victims and what do they say? When the going get tough is there no sense of calling upon a god for assistance?

In all my years of counseling fornicators, adulterers I have never met anyone that did not have a sense of right and wrong except for one person and I think she was mentally deficient. Religion or no religion made no difference. The interesting thing about those who scoff at religion is that they are very opinionated! They think they are right! No doubt! Now, where does this sense come from? and why?

See, what I mean?

2012/10/17 12:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy