SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Prayer for my husband

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
romanchog

Prayer for my husband

As I have posted before, my husband has been sick since Feb. Doctors had not been able to find anything wrong with him. A week ago, he was in extreme pain and after three days of this went to the emergency room. A CAT scan revealed a tumor in his stomach. They have ruled out the worst type of cancer (adenocarcinoma), but a PET scan revealed metastases to a large number of lymph nodes in the abdominal area and some also in the bones. This is very concerning, especially because my husband's father died of stomach cancer. He has an appointment with an oncologist next week at which point we assume that a biopsy will be performed. I will post an update then.

We are trusting in Christ, whatever the result is from this experience. God is good, and all He permits in our lives is good for us. We are nonetheless requesting prayers for his healing, if that is in the will of the Lord, and faith which we will need regardless of the outcome.

Thank you for your prayers.

Natalie

2012/10/2 17:46Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Prayer for my husband

Natalie, have you considered anointing with oil? I suggest you do so as per the scriptures...

Our daughter had cancer as well and she asked for and was anointed with oil. I highly recommend this for sicknesses. (We will do it when we are troubled with debilitating conditions.)

Will pray for you all.

ginnyrose

2012/10/2 18:02Profile
mama27

Oh I have been praying, Natalie! I was hoping for a better report....I will continue...may you sense the Lord to be ever near! Thank you for updating....God bless you....

2012/10/2 18:13Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Praying.

2012/10/2 18:20Profile
romanchog

Update:
We went to the oncologist today, who is 99.9% sure that my husband has adenocarcinoma of the stomach. We had been told that before by other doctors, but were then told that they were sure that was not what he had. This new doctor says they had no business saying that because they had not performed a proper biopsy. He will be scheduled for a biopsy some time this week or next week. I am praying that it will be done this week; the longer he waits the more this cancer is likely to grow.

If it is adenocarcinoma, his prognosis is VERY poor. He already has metastases to all the lymph nodes in the abdomen and may have some in some of his bones (he is having a bone scan on Monday to confirm this). Once adenocarcinoma has spread, we were told it is incurable. Chemotherapy, if it works, will only extend his life. Surgery, according to the oncologist, is a waste of time since the lymph nodes cannot be removed (because they are difficult to reach) and the cancer may also be in other places that do not show up on the scans.

There is still a small possibility that he does not have adenocarcinoma, and the other possibilities may be more responsive to treatment.

At this point, there is nothing to do but pray and trust in the Lord.

My husband is in severe pain. He is on narcotic medications. He tries not to take them too often, but he has to take them every night or he would not be able to sleep. He has lost a lot of weight. He was weighed today and he is only 120 pounds. He lost 11 pounds in one month. (His normal weight is between 145-150.) He looks a lot like my father did about a month before he died from prostate cancer(which is the last time I saw him).

In all this I remember that my God is good and everything that He permits in our lives is good. If my husband dies, it will be His will and it will be good for me and my children. (As you may recall, I have 9 children ages 6-23). We pray and hope for his healing and trust in the Lord.

Your prayers are yearned for. Thank you for praying and for caring. We do not have a church family. We have searched but not yet found a church that is Biblical. We do have some brothers and sisters in Christ that will pray for us, but nobody that lives close enough to be helpful.

By the way, my husband's name is Oscar for those who like to pray by name.

In Christ,
Natalie

2012/10/9 22:09Profile
mama27

Re:

I just came on here before shutting down my computer for the night, Natalie....not good news - at least not from our human perspective....I am so sorry!! Your spirit humbles me - I have lesser trials, and I am not handling them as well as you seem to be. Please know that I will be praying as I have been. You are so totally right - God is good - but in our humanness sometimes it doesn't seem so....Love and hugs....

2012/10/9 23:34Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

I will be continuing in prayer for Oscar and your family, sister.

2012/10/10 0:07Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Praying for you and Oscar.

2012/10/10 0:13Profile

Praying

...for Oscar, dear sister

2012/10/10 0:57
Mekdi

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

Re: Praying

Now faith is the assurance (the confirmation, the title deed) of the things we hope for, being the proof of things we do not see and the conviction of their reality [faith perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses]. By faith…..Women received their dead back….’’ Hebrews 11:1 & 35.

My dear sister, I am praying for you!We as women are wives, mothers, sisters … and we have those that are ours. Husbands, children, fathers, brothers, sisters-loved ones those that are ours.The Word of God tells us that women received their dead back.

My sister I’m praying with you for your husband that the Lord Jesus comes to him with His work of “setting the captives free” and that the Lord gives you strength on your inner man no matter what the situation is, “that you never flinch but…..endure steadfastly as one who gaze on Him Who is invisible” Hebrew 11:27. He is invisible but he watches you all the time.

May the Lord be with you and your family at this time…

Your sister in Christ

Mek.

2012/10/10 1:46Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy