SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Does the bible teach that there are two brides of Christ?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
timg

Does the bible teach that there are two brides of Christ?

I never heard this until recently, that the bible teaches that there are two brides of Christ. Israel is the physical and the church is the spiritual. My alarm went off in my head and started wondering if there is any scriptural support for such a statement. I can not think of any.

2012/10/1 18:06Profile

Re: Does the bible teach that there are two brides of Christ?

Many would have us think that there are two but there is only one.

For some strange reason or another there is this thinking that God will return to the natural Jew and yet God did when Christ arrived on the scene. When Pentecost came, literally, THOUSANDS of Jews were saved. Only a remnant, though Israel be as the sand of the sea enumerable, only a remnant would be saved, "such as should be saved".

The idea of the two brides arise because they are not convinced that Christ eliminated the distinction between a Jew and Gentile. God hath concluded ALL to be under sin, whether they be Jew or Greek, it didn't matter anymore. Circumcision of the flesh became circumcision of the heart. The race called "Jew" has no significance to God, "All have sinned". The beloved of God are those who are walking in Spirit and Truth. A true Jew is one who is circumcised in heart, and that can be both Gentile and Jew combined. In Christ there is no distinction.

But God has not forgotten those that He had foreknown, nay. The door is still opened for the Jewish people, it's still is to the "Jew first" if they want to give ear to the Spirit of Jesus Christ and claim Him as their Messiah.

Sadly, many are caught up with the false teaching that God has more favour upon the Jews than the Church, thus making a distinction, thus creating that God has two purposes and two brides. This is error. God has one Church. God lives in His body the believing saints, His Temple. He doesn't favour one nation over the other, He favours those that have His Spirit not a rebellious house that continuously rejects His Son even to this day.

1 Thessalonians 2:14 For ye, brethren, became followers of the churches of God which in Judaea are in Christ Jesus: for ye also have suffered like things of your own countrymen, even as they have of the Jews:

15 Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and THEY PLEASE NOT GOD, and are contrary to all men: 16 Forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they might be saved, to fill up their sins alway: for the wrath is come upon THEM to the uttermost.

Now before anyone starts quoting Romans 11:26 PLEASE put together what Isaiah said in Romans 9:27. The "all" in 11:26 is the remnant of 9:27 which was going on in the first century. The Apostle was stating an existing fact, not prophesying about a yet future event.

If anyone teaches about the two bride scenario, this is where the cross starts to get watered down.

2012/10/1 22:52
timg

Re:

Thanks Approved, that is helpfull. It does not seem that they have any scriptural support for the two brides where as I find multiple scriptures speaking of "the" bride. If there are two brides does that imply that there is another way of becoming a bride outside of the work of Christ? Just thinking this thing through. I am not sure, but it is very confusing if you think about it.

2012/10/2 9:06Profile
staff

Re:

Hi,
Although Christ died once and for all(total Jews and Gentiles)Jesus comes again to deal with the Jews at the end which is obvious as the Jews are by a miracle restored to Israel.I dont see two Brides though as how could that be scriptural.He deals with the Nation of Israel in the end.
As sin is concerned there is no distinction between Jew or Gentile but in regards to the end their is,
Staff

2012/10/2 9:27Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy