SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Who needs delivarance, casting out of evil spirits?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
I'd like to see a Scriptural example of anywhere in the NT were we see a Spirit-filled believer having anything cast out of them. Just one. That's all I'd need.

Oh but you won't get one brother, there are none. Nothing direct mind you, only hints and warnings given by our Lord and the Apostle Paul.

Just so that we are on the same page, the preacher that was mentioned in this thread regarding "Blessings and Cursings", I was in no way referring to him in my postings about dead beat preachers.

If your Spirit FILLED, there is no room for the presence of other spirits. I personally hate the way this is worded because it's just not right. Paul tells us to be filled with the Spirit, not, "Spirit filled", it gives the impression that a person has arrived and not the way the Apostle tells us to be continually filled with the Spirit all the time.

Since he words it this way, and if we should ever let down our guard it will leave a gap in the field. Being filled with the Spirit is the same as putting on the whole armour of God. Many people end up in the pigpen if left too long eating what the pigs are eating, thus enter the deliverance ministry.

Brother, only the person who is seeking deliverance and obtains it is the most grateful. If he was filled with the Spirit, we would never see him for there is no need because he is filled with the Spirit. But if he loves the Lord but can't understand why he finds himself in so much filth and the oil that is in him is being drained, than through discernment are these things exposed.

Now, let me be perfectly clear about something. Paul said, "In me, that is my flesh, dwelleth no good thing".

The casting out of devils out of a Christian, is the casting out STRONGHOLDS that are too strong for the believer to overcome and it's being cast down from this "flesh". Some brethren can actually overcome this, while others need other brethren to pray with them and still others need more help and this is where the power to exercise authority over these strongholds that reside in the place that Paul says, "dwelleth no good thing".

What is being done here is the devil that is causing so much havoc in a brothers life through a habitual sin is weakened so that the brother can overcome and stand on it. The problem is still in his flesh, but it's no longer the predominant thing that is ruling in his mind. He can pick it up again if he wants to that is his choice, but strongholds will appear because they want to fortify the situation so that it will be much harder for anyone to get rid of them, the last state of that man is worse than the first.

To say that a Christian can have devils in his spirit is completely wrong. These devils work through the flesh and harass the mind so much that the believer can't think straight.

2012/9/20 10:50
used4him

Re: Evil spirits cast out of believers

OK, I will settle this argument, because I personally as a Spirit baptised, tongue-talking believer have had a spirit cast out of me. I am sure I have had more than one, but the obvious one was a spirit of despair. I was still walking with the Lord but somewhat discouraged. I had this heaviness in my chest, I believed it was a spirit. I had just started going to a new church. I went and spoke to the pastor and woman's leader about this. The woman suggested I see a medical doctor and get my heart checked out. (I never did) They did share scripture with me and pray a healing prayer over me. Nothing much changed. Then months later, I went to a retreat, and I went forward for general prayer. The next thing I know, my hands are being annointed with oil, they start shaking uncontrollably, and as the person is praying for me, I feel completely suffocated, my chest was getting heavier and heavier like I couldn't breath. As soon as I heard the words "spirit of despair come out in Jesus name", a heaviness came off my chest, my breathing was normal and my hands stopped shaking. That was years ago, and I have been free. I have other stories too, of other believers I have known, who could testify of things like this. Think of it this way: when we get saved, the Holy Spirit seals our spirit-satan can't get in. However, he can still influence our body, our soul (emotions)and our mind. When one gets saved, can they still have physical ailments? yes! And these can also be caused by demons.

2012/9/23 14:58Profile
MPS

Re:

This is a very interesting subject for me.

I'm fairly sure that I too have something "demonic" going on about me. I've been to a deliverance ministry recently and came home from there just as much oppressed as I did before I went to the deliverance folks. Not to slight them at all, but it didn't seem as if anything really happened. I totally clammed up and there were no manifestations that appeared.

I have never been nearer to Christ in all my years of being a Christian as I am now, but I back slid a few years ago and am struggling more than I believe I should be with an out of control thought life and obsessive and sometimes suicidal thoughts that I have no control over at all.

Any suggestions appreciated.

2012/9/23 16:53Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Mps,
My first meeting as a christian was a healing and deliverance type meeting 24 years ago.The man who lead the meeting was a man of God and recorded in writing the testimony of any one that was healed or delivered at the meeting.He had at that time 3000 written testimonies.He sold all that he had and gave to charity,so he was no sham artist and not in it for money.My time their ended and I went home and went to a pentecostal church and only last year did I began to think about deliverance.I am a big fan of Yacob Prasch also.
To the best of my understanding a believer can have a demon in the outer court sort to speak but not in the holy of holies.What I mean is that a demon can attach himself to your body and soul but not your spirit.
Think about this if a christian cannot have a demon then all demons have to leave the exact moment a person becomes born again.As I have said before the likes of Billy Graham has brought thousands and thousands to Christ but we didnt see any demons leave(demon activity) not even on a few .
Also if a blind person who is blind because of a demon comes to Christ then that person should see immediately the Holy Spirit entered the person.After I realized this last year I realized that a Christian can have a demon.
On the other hand I have been delivered from depression without anyone laying on hands.The thing is though whatever door is open to allow a demon have domain would have to be closed otherwise you end up worse than you began.
One poster mentioned that he was looking for one scripture to show a Christian being delivered from a demon but I could ask for an example of a person being saved and indwelt and a demon leaving them immediately after the indwelling but their isnt.The new testament is not exhaustive with examples.
Unfortunately the con artists of this world are drawn to where the money is.Healing and deliverance is a an area they can exploit just like the people exploiting girl delivered by Paul who was foretelling the future.
Go to your local pentecostal type pastor(not a grab it and blab it type) and explain your situation,
Yours Staff

2012/9/23 18:04Profile
MPS

Re:

Thank you for your comments. I do appreciate it a lot.

Due to the lack of deliverance ministry types in my area, I'd really like for someone to refer me to "self help" prayers or techniques that I could rid myself, through Christ, from these spirits.
My wife is the only other person who believes unclean spirits can inhabit a believers outer court, as you mentioned, Staff.

I know my spirit is safe, but it would be nice to have one day without an 800 lb gorilla standing on my head, you know?

To the sister? who was delivered from a spirit of despair.
I know EXACTLY what that feeling is when your chest feels as though it's going to explode from all the anxiety and pressure that's built up. I also get heart palpation with this at times too.

2012/9/23 18:18Profile

Re:

I have spirits afflicting me too. I am a born again believer. The way you put it clicks with me: spirit is sealed but outer court/body/soul is afflicted. Derek Prince said the word translated "demon possessed" in the greek is "demonized". He says its a mistranslation. It makes sense to me.

Also Jim Logan who has sermons on this site wrote a book called "Reclaiming Surrendered Ground" and he has a ministry in Sioux City Iowa called Biblical Restoration Ministries. It is a donation based ministry, no set cost to see him. Its a week long counseling session from 8am till noon everyday for 5 days. His sermons on Spiritual Warfare talk about some of his "war stories" and it is good to know there are genuine spiritual warfare counselors out there still (he is getting old though). I've talked to him on the phone, he seems like a wonderful minister.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=1168

bless you guys

2012/9/23 20:17

Re:

Quote:
I totally clammed up and there were no manifestations that appeared.

You have to want to be free.

I know that sounds awful, I know. I've had the same words spoken to me and I just wanted to scream. But he was right. Did I really want to be free? At the time, I had my reservations because there was pleasure in sin for a season and I wanted to return to that whenever that season came around. What I didn't like was the guilt that came afterward. And then I would seek deliverance. That is when he told me that I wasn't serious enough. And he was right.

So really think about your situation. And take into account all the varibles. Jesus said, "If anyman would follow after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross". That is a heavy saying. At the time, I didn't want to take up that cross, I still don't. However, God has caused me to do it in ways that I never thought possible, to be frank, I really didn't know how to take up the cross.

Remember the woman with the issue of blood? She was desperate! She spent everything she had on doctors, and it wasn't getting any better. Her last ditch attempt of getting better was to crawl on her hands and knees and jostle between the legs of the mob following Jesus to get at the hem of His garment. She was no doubt stepped on but she pressed (scripture is silent but the hem of his garment was probably down by his feet).

The mother who had a daughter who was demon possessed was desperate. Faith kept Christ there, He was mesmerized by her faith. He could have left at any time but here she was crying out to the Lord for deliverance and they that call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. It was an irresistable moment for God to act. "Oh woman great is thy faith".

When your desperate enough, you won't clam up.

2012/9/23 21:59

Re:

good word Approved. thank you. that applies to me too but differently. years ago, falling back into sin and abusing grace got me back under the law. I was just reading Galatians today and I realized what a blessing all this is! I am under the tutor to lead me back to Christ!!! I'm getting closer... once I learn to take up my cross, etc... I believe the "houses" the demons live in will be destroyed and can be cast out.

2012/9/23 22:50

Re:

I am convinced that the presence and influence of demons is vastly underestimated in the lives of many believer. And then to make matters worse well meaning theologians play these things down and call them natural sicknesses, mental problems and a host of other things. Demons are very, very real. And they are in the business of discouraging and kicking the stuffing out of christians. Make no mistake about it.

Most of us are loathe to speak about these things though because we don't want to be labelled as one of those folks who "see a demon under every bush". But in so doing we unwittingly play into the devils hands.

There are many scriptures that clearly show the devil is defeated and that christian CAN live in victory. But very few actually live in victory, always full of the Holy Spirit. Our walk with the Lord involves being a soldier in a battle. It is a daily struggle, a wrestling that we endure, but not without hope, because we know that our wonderful Father has given us His Spirit and His armor, so that we may be strengthened in the inner man and protected and made able to stand in the intense battles that come our way. This is the pilgrims lot, and as we follow the narrow way, we must expect opposition and we must expect it to NEVER CEASE. Do you think satan takes a rest or runs away forever when you win a battle against him? Do you think that he will not try again and again to defeat you and to bring you down? He will never relent, he is cunning and cruel and will never show remorse.

The first thing is to know that this is a real fight, a fight to the death. The second thing is to know that Christ has won the victory for you, and in Him you are already victorious and through your faith you will appropriate and see the freedom and deliverance that you seek. You can be an overcomer, but you overcome by faith. If you have accepted your defeated state as "fait accompli", then satan has already won. You must rise up in faith, believing that Christ defeated satan and his power over you, on the cross. You must believe that His blood has power of the devil and his demons and plead the blood on your own life.

Years ago I was sick in bed and in the grip of what I later saw as a demonic attack on my life. I was just lying there, moaning and complaining of my plight, settling in for a long, drawn out sickness and long recovery, as if that was my predetermined plight. Where did that thought come from? To accept defeat, to accept depression, to accept bondage, to accept sickness? It certainly did not come from my Father in heaven. Anyway, with time the sweet voice of the Holy Spirit began to break through the darkness of my soul and the words of a chorus started to warm my heart.

"I cannot be defeated, and I will not quit,
I'm redeemed by the blood of Jesus
and I am loosed from Satans grip,
Jesus fought and He won the battle
and He gave it all to me,
I cannot be defeated,
I'm saved, I'm healed, I'm free!!!"

As I heard these words, I began to quietly mouth them, then I began to sing them and eventually I threw off my blanket and stood to my feet, singing them with great gusto, as faith filled my heart. I began to sing and shout and rebuke the enemy and plead the blood of Christ over me and to thank my Father for His provision to me through Christ.

After several minutes of pray and singing, all of a sudden it was as if a heavy blanket just leaped off me. The heaviness of soul fled away, my sickness and fever vanished and I was completely healed and set free.

Many believers today are bound by demons at some level but they have come to accept this as their lot in life. They have also been confused by teachings about "God will" etc but they have not spent time in the presence of the King, because if they did they would hear Him say, "I have come to give you life and life more abundantly"!!!

The Kingdom of God is obtained not by the casual onlooker, but those who take a "violent" approach to their faith and will not accept the bile and vomit that satan pours upon them. I pray that you will rise up in Jesus name and claim by faith your healing spirit, soul and body and by faith seek God for the overflowing of the Holy Spirit, casting off all traces of the enemies hold on your life and your loved ones.

Brother Mark.

2012/9/24 2:41
staff

Re: THE PIGS HAVE NO SPIRIT

Hi MPS and Others,

I do have a scripture I believe from the Lord that will help you,I have posted it before but it has come to my mind again.
In the passage below Jesus casts out demons into pigs.
Note one thing-THAT PIGS/ANIMALS HAVE NO SPIRIT!
That means that the Spirits must have been inhabiting the body of the Pig not the Spirit for that brief period of time.That then means that they also can inhabit the body not the Spirit of a person.They cannot inhabit the Spirit of a Person probably anyway whether it is Filled by the Holy Spirit or not whether the person is saved or not.

28 When he arrived at the other side in the region of the Gadarenes, two demon-possessed men coming from the tombs met him. They were so violent that no one could pass that way. 29 "What do you want with us, Son of God?" they shouted. "Have you come here to torture us before the appointed time?" 30 Some distance from them a large herd of pigs was feeding. 31 The demons begged Jesus, "If you drive us out, send us into the herd of pigs." 32 He said to them, "Go!" So they came out and went into the pigs, and the whole herd rushed down the steep bank into the lake and died in the water

yours Staff

2012/9/24 6:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy