SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : False Spirits

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
table

False Spirits

I wondered whether anyone here has disobeyed by lying to the Holy Spirit when challenged in regard to something. I am in great turmoil as I, in deception thought that I wasnt jealous of someone, even though it must have been obvious that I was quiet and felt alone and stood aloof. I was jealous of that other worship leader who had been a close friend of mine but I went through a time of feeling I could do as well as her and I wanted to have the same equal standing as her with the music and praise/performance etc. It should not have been about performance and I was angry at all this. Yet deep within it was me who wanted to have that attention that my friend was getting and God held me back to test my heart. I am ashamed that when an elder in the team came up and told me I was wearing green, jealousy, I reacted wrongly in my heart and said within 'I'm not jealous!!!' All my behaviour was clearly jealousy but I tried to guard myself in pride rather than actually have a true guarding by confession. I have become incredibly poorly down to this and the Holy Spirit has kept me from Himself so I am in deep distress. A voice told me I had a false spirit when I enquired as to why I was going through this hell. I know this is a warning to all you out there who think that just because you dont swear, or talk crude, or watch wrong movies that the enemy wont try and trap you somewhere else. Be on your guard!!! I have been trapped and am in despair. Please pray for me and the family that God would indeed accept my confession now although it seemed that He told me when I enquired of why I was ill, that years later it was because of a proud spirit, not surrendering to His love. Stubborness is a rebellion. I so want to go back and do it right now. I was blinded and deceived. BEWARE OF THE DEVIL!!! at this time in HIS STORY, the Lords History!!!
Can a false spirit, prophet, be forgiven????

2012/9/18 5:57Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re: False Spirits

Table: It does not sound to me like you have a false spirit nor that you are a false prophet. It sounds to me like you have allowed the enemy to draw your focus away from God to your own failure. There are many times when we either do not know our own heart, or when we do not want to see what is in our heart. Here is why I say this.

First, the Holy Spirit will never keep Himself from you. If He did so, it would be in violation of the word of God. Jesus said He would never leave us, never forsake us. The Comforter, the Holy Spirit, was sent to abide, to dwell in us. He promised that if we draw near to Him, He will draw near to us.

Second, you are already forgiven. You were forgiven for your jealousy before you ever began to envy this particular person and position. All you had to do was appropriate and walk in what is already done for you. You receive it by faith. When you were jealous, and when you repented, Jesus did not have to get down off the throne and suffer death once more for this new offense. You simply had to receive by faith the forgiveness, the atonement, that was already accomplished.

Surely this instance of jealousy is not the only sin you have committed. Surely you have at least done something with a motivation of fear or need rather than faith. Whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

I believe the voice that said, "You have a false spirit" was most likely a false spirit.

Have you repented? Have you put faith in the sacrifice of Jesus Christ and received the forgiveness that was so freely given, and that you and I absolutely do not deserve?

I believe the enemy has got you to focus on your sin and failure and is reeking havoc in your soul (mind and emotions). If we confess our sins, He is faithful (meaning he will not fail to do it) and just (meaning it is His righteousness and justice to do so) to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If you have confessed, you are cleansed from all unrighteousness, meaning you are righteous in His eyes. Regardless of what your emotions and mind might say to you, the word of God says you are forgiven and righteous if you have confessed this thing. It is not about praying that God will accept your confession. He has already said in His word that He has accepted your confession. Believe His word.

Then, accept His forgiveness and praise and worship Him for it.

2012/9/18 8:17Profile
used4him

I believe what brother Travis has written is correct. The enemy of our souls wants to steal, kill and destroy. He will do that by lying, which he is very good at (he is the father of lies). Treat that voice you heard as a lie, get the truth of God's word in your heart, and you will become victorious over the enemy.

2012/9/23 15:25Profile
table

Re: this false spirit

I have spoken to the Father of Lies to get lost and to let go yet I have got worse. I did not respond to the elder that came up to me and said 'green jumper' (i was wearing) 'Jealousy'. Well you know I knew who he was talking about and yet I responded as if he was against me and perhaps had been told by a pastor who was friends with my friend that i was jealous due to my not relating as well to her although deep in my heart i was needing her and missing her, I responded with these thoughts as he walked away and said 'i'm not jealous of her, I wouldn't want to be her'. This was a lie as I did want to be in a similar situation to her as worship leader, for it to be a shared thing which I thought she would have instigated by being a friend of the pastor. I expected things from her but now know that she would have been under his lead and the pastor would haave been informed by God of when and what to give out. I should not have been so focused on my gifting than my character which God wanted to take me into developing. I was supposed to let go of the jealousy thing and my way of doing it was to leave the what I called performance based style of worship (yet underneath) I had wanted to be aDarlene Czech and the resolve for me was to go and just worship in a town hall to claim the ground. Thought it was more a humble setting but it was to be my heart that needed to be humbled but did not see this at the time. My friend had even had a word that I would be claiming the ground and I was cross a bit inside that I wasnt going to be worship leading at church as if this office would be lower. Well this office I then thought was higher in God's eyes so when I got decieved coz i could not do what I wanted in the church, and a few prophecies which I knew were wrong after the reactions of associate pastor etc I thought to stay but then had a word not to let anyone abuse my gifting. Well i then thought that i had to not let the leadership abuse my keyboard playing as noone else really played to make me a slave without ever having any chance at leading worship etc so this was a temptation for me to quit and leave for better things. All the time it seemed i was being pulled back and forth and thought God is for me so I will leave to save me being abused. Well since have discovered that these were lying spirits sent to lead me down the wrong path of my ambition and pride . Why did I not see as I was so sure God was with me, but in jealousy he could not have been, in not listening or questioning the elders or leaders when they spoke but just standing aloof saying its alright for you made me think arrogantly of them and got all upset. I was thinking too much of myself not wanting to be abused or hurt anymore or not considered. Well we are being considererd by God in our humility or pride and he opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble. I had no idea i was being so proud and i want to tell God that and all the time im being more tormented. The head pastor took a microphone off me and was testing wanting to of late i heard that it was the
head pastor who did not want me to have a microphone after sometime and i did not know so thought it was the worship leaders doing this to get rid of me. Well i got ill and was not diagnosed and it has got worse so cried out to God and saw that my lie to the Holy Spirit was a cause and noone would be able to save me. Well my heart is torn for my children and husband. if anyone is reading this please would u cry out like Moses did for Miriam for me urgently. Thank you dear ones xxxx

2012/10/18 8:28Profile
Sree

People will deceive you saying you do not need to repent and all your sins are already forgiven (twisting God's word). God forgives only those who repents, God united Repentance and faith together, let no man separate what God has united.

The fundamental work of the Holy Spirit is to change us to the image of Jesus. This happens by bringing a conviction in our heart against our fleshly nature. The jealously you mentioned is a fleshly nature that the Holy Spirit is convicting you of. Now all you need to do is confess to God about these thoughts of Jealously that you entertained. You are forgiven immediately. Now believe the redemption that comes free after repentance. You do not need to kill yourself. Accept your lack of strength and ask for his grace to overcome. The Holy Spirit will fill you again and you will be able to overcome if you believe.

I think you did all the things I mentioned except asking Grace to overcome this fleshly nature. This is a mistake that we do when we repent, we go back to our own strength again.

If you study Acts, Barnabas was the man sent to the Church in Antioch. But he after seeing the believers there went and invited Paul to this Church. After that you will see Paul coming ahead of Barnabas. This shows the spirit of Barnabas, when he saw Paul having much more anointing in doing God's work he took the back seat and let Paul to lead the work. This is how a man of God should be in doing God's work. God's work is important not our fame or popularity.

2012/10/18 8:56Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

I think Sree makes a really good point here. Much of the problem in this is competition. God calls us to take the lowest seat. When we see ourselves as nothing, and Him as everything, no matter what position, or no position, He calls us to is Ok, in fact blessed, if we realize He is the one that does the calling. If God wants you in a postion you can take the lowest place and He will exalt you. If you clammer for the highest postion you will be humbled.

I am not a worship leader, but I worship. I read a book by Don Potter called "Face the Wall" where he talks about this very thing. He thought too much about his postion and God sat him down to face the wall and only worship God, an audience of one, until he would have prefered to do only that for the rest of his life. The question is what is the goal in worship, to minister to the people and be seen, or to minister to God and bring pleasure to His heart. If we are worshipping to please His heart we can be the most unknown person in the building but be known to the one who really matters.

I would say to you forget all that has transpired, shut your self in with your master and worship Him until you fall in love with Him again. Find renewed pleasure in loving Him, and your healing will come. Face the Wall.

2012/10/18 10:51Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

table, may I suggest that you resign from the worship team and focus on getting right with the LORD.

Many people want to be in the spotlight and then get into trouble, just like you shared. On the one hand you can be thankful it did happen so God can get your attention. Looks like he succeeded so go for it.

You confessed your sin, he forgives and now allow Him to teach you what He wants you to learn. For the time being it will mean separating yourself from 'ministry'. Unless you have something from the LORD to share all you are going is fleshy, no one benefits. Concentrate on getting close to the LORD and stay there. You will find the joy this brings will far exceed the thrill of being on the worship team.

If you do want to serve do what no one else wants to do - something that is not noticed by the crowds or given much honor. You can do that with pleasure and delight as well - you will have no competition!

God bless. Will pray for you.

ginnyrose

2012/10/18 11:26Profile
table

Re: false spirits

2012/11/8 6:44Profile
table

Re:

I was forced to resign from this 2 and a half years ago and now if i try to worship I feel agitated and my spine is in continual pull. I so want the Lord back in my life. I have tried to go to church but the symptoms got worse. I have tried to worship and thank God but it was like I was doing that. I heard a voice say to me I was being isolated due to skepticism and was being excommunicated. This is torment and hell. I keep saying out loud Lord God if this is an evil spirit then protect me. But I try and try and believe and utter and nothing changes. The attacks just get worse to not allow me to go out with my husband or children. I did lie to the Holy Spirit and did not tell the truth when I could have been set free. My teeth chatter and I feel exposed and my children are suffering stomach problems and headaches and cystitus. I try to go out to the shop to get in groceries and I am so ill at ease in mu spine that I dont know what to do with myself. O please God would someone pray as Moses did for Miriam as my sins have been just these and worse. To believe that God was speaking to me when it was the enemy as I went back into church must mean that He left me before this. All the while my children have been trying to come to faith they were already rejected along with me but being used as false prophets or will be I pray not. I want the truth and if you have been a false prophet you cannot come back i learn from judging prophesy by John Hague. Please cry out for me please. I love my husband and children and they dont know what to believe or who to talk to and no way would I want that for them. I want them to be able to sit and rest with me. I am not at rest and this is reserved for the wicked. I have done all I can to change the situation and all I hear is the prophesy that someone in the church would not receive the promised land the promises of God, cross the Jordan. And one that said You are going to go down a very dark path. O help me help me my children are suffering and me and my husband has been restricted a prophet told him although he is not a Christian but was getting there I hoped. My children are agitated and restless and like me have no hope although I keep hoping and picturing the Lords mercy and love whicch I did too often and then forgot about whether there was sin in me???

Urgent call for prayer please as I dont want to go into a home and be separated from my family. Please God why did I end up like this??? I was always a loner and never knew how to relate to folk, only in an act which I thought was real and that I was redeemed???

2012/11/8 7:02Profile
rufnrust

Indiana

Re:

100% agreement with Goldminer. Don Potter has powerful word on this issue. You will find great freedom if you will follow the counsel you say you are asking for. 'Facing the Wall' is actually the name of the book.

Be blest

Russell

2012/11/8 8:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy