Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Consecration - A. B. Simpson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Consecration - A. B. Simpson

Days of Heaven on Earth
Monday, September 17, 2012

This is what the term consecration properly means. It is the voluntary or self-offering of the heart, by the constraint of love, to be the Lord's. Its glad expression is, I am my beloved's (Song of Solomon 6:3).

Surrender must spring, of course, from faith. There must be the full confidence that we are safe in this abandonment, that we are not falling over a precipice or surrendering ourselves to the hands of a judge but we are sinking into a Father's arms and stepping into an infinite inheritance!

It is an infinite privilege to be permitted to relinquish ourselves to One who pledges Himself to make us all that we would love to be, yes, all that His infinite wisdom, power and love will delight to accomplish in us. It is the clay yielding itself to the potter's hands that it may be shaped into a vessel of honor meet for the Master's use. It is the poor street waif consenting to become the child of a prince in order that he may be educated, provided for and prepared to inherit all the wealth of his guardian.

Scripture
The people shall be [a freewill offering] in the day of thy power—Psalm 110:3

2012/9/17 8:50Profile

Re: Consecration - A. B. Simpson

Yes indeed, good word. This surrender is a willing act of a heart that knows their Lord. This is the only true kind of surrender. Grudging adherance to God's word is not born of the Holy Spirit and can bear no fruit ultimately. The heart that has encounterd its Lord, willingly surrenders so as not to create any obstacles in the relationship. This is the same reason why that same heart quickly forgives. Everything flows from our relationship with the Lord, from our " knowing,' Him or being known. This is why we see such a heartfelt psalm by David speaking to God about his adultery and murder. Create in me a clean heart, O God and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from thy presence O Lord, take not thy holy Spirit from me. These words are penned by a broken and a contrite heart and by a heart that knows its Saviour and desperatley wants to re-establish fellowship with Him. This kind of heart the Lord will not despise............bro Frank

2012/9/17 9:49
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

"Everything flows from our relationship with the Lord, from our " knowing,' Him or being known"

Amen Frank! If God has our heart, then He has us.

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? (Jeremiah 17:9).

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:(Psalm 139:23)

Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.(Ezekiel 36:26).

"But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days," declares the LORD, "I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. (Jeremiah 31:33).

2012/9/17 11:31Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy