SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Prayer Request - Krispy

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Prayer Request - Krispy

I’m not back… but I do have a prayer request and I know I have some faithful brethren and sisters who will intercede. As most of you know my family and I have had a rough go of it over the last year and a half financially thanks to all our President has done for us. (Go ahead, ask me if I am better off than I was 4 years ago… I dare ya!)

Anyway, I have a company coming after me hard. I’ve had 3 phone interviews and I keep making it to the next stage. Problem is… the company is 5 states away. Two of our kids are almost college age. None of the kids want to move. My wife is on the fence about it, as am I. The company is waving a LOT of $$ under my nose, and they just called today and want to arrange for my wife and I to fly out there for an onsite interview. Hotel, car, etc.

The job I have right now has rotten hours, no benefits… not even a paid holiday or a vacation day. But NC is home, especially to our kids.

So I am asking you all to pray for God’s wisdom in this, and if it’s not meant to be that he would slam the door shut.

Thanx!
Krispy

2012/9/11 15:02
mama27

Re: Prayer Request - Krispy

Wow, Krispy...that is a hard one! I will pray for wisdom and that God will slam the door shut, but in my experience sometimes He wants me to learn to hear His voice more clearly, than just simply shutting a door for me. I'll be praying....

Also at younger ages than your children are, we moved from TX where we had a tremendous spiritual support group, back "home" to Chicago area where it is spiritually dead. I have regretted a thousand times that we did so. Your kids are at a very critical age. Of course, we weren't in a bad economy when we made our move, and you have to eat. Yes, you MUST hear from the Lord on this....

Pls let us know what He tells you....You are missed here...

2012/9/11 15:35Profile
MaryJane

I will be in prayer for you. Perhaps the move is a part of the LORDS plan for your family.
Keep your hearts and minds open to what the LORD might be doing in your life and don't be afraid of changes that might bring. I pray you will know HIS heart and plan for your family through all of this.

God bless you Krispy and your family

Maryjane

2012/9/11 15:43Profile

Take bravery and Peace with you.

Wisdom and bravery to commit to the right thing. The Earth is not our home, anyway.....Your friend; Tom

[ It could be God, and YOU are the Priest of your home and head of your wife, therefore YOU are responsible...even though you might reveive counsel from your wife and family....the Family walk is not a democracy; the HUSBAND is the head who leads.....amen? Take strength and commit as you have peace...]

"But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection.

And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful."

2012/9/11 16:17

Take bravery and Peace with you.

Wisdom and bravery to commit to the right thing. The Earth is not our home, anyway.....Your friend; Tom

[ It could be God, and YOU are the Priest of your home and head of your wife, therefore YOU are responsible...even though you might reveive counsel from your wife and family....the Family walk is not a democracy; the HUSBAND is the head who leads.....amen? Take strength and commit as you have peace...]

"But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection.

And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful."

2012/9/11 16:17
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Hi Krispy,
I would persuade my wife and go for the interview. God often speaks or confirms through your wife. I have moved 2 times internationally through a job move that God confirmed it very clearly both times.

2012/9/11 16:43Profile

Re: Take bravery and Peace with you.

While true, Tom, the husband is the head of the wife... when it comes to how this move will effect our kids my wife is more in tune with that than I am. I'm the type of person who views things like this as a new adventure. But my kids know where we live currently as the only home they have ever had. We are entrenched in the homeschool community, the kids have all their friends... and our church is an amazingly wonderful church.

But... I have to be able to provide for my family and it is becoming increasingly difficult to do it in this area of NC. Regardless of how the media spun NC after the DNC convention last week.

Anyway, I would be a fool not to listen to my wife as it pertains to the effect of something like this on our kids. Both emotionally and spiritually. Those are things that I'm not always in tune with because I'm a testosterone filled dude... and they are her babies.

Know what I mean?

So it's tough to know what to do.

Krispy

2012/9/11 16:58

Re:

Brother Stephen, take the trip out to the interview. It's just an onsite interview, while your planning to go and while your there "feel God out" and go from there.

2012/9/11 17:04
MaryJane

Re:

by KrispyKrittr on 2012/9/11 10:58:31

While true, Tom, the husband is the head of the wife... when it comes to how this move will effect our kids my wife is more in tune with that than I am. I'm the type of person who views things like this as a new adventure. But my kids know where we live currently as the only home they have ever had. We are entrenched in the homeschool community, the kids have all their friends... and our church is an amazingly wonderful church.

I understand what you are saying here. When we moved clear across country it was such a huge change and shock to the entire family. My children only ever new our old home town, they were born there and spent there entire lives there.

As you said though you have to provide so maybe begin by asking some questions. Find out about the homeschool laws in the new state? Cost to live there? Fellowship opportunities? Find out about these things with your wife and then pray about it together. Go to the interview and pray asking GOD to reveal what HIS heart is for the family.
I know it is hard but sometimes being stretched from our comfort zones brings the greatest growth in HIM.

I will be praying for you all
God bless
mj

Edit: I just wanted to add that even though I was very unhappy about the move GOD did bring us to a place where we were one on the decision. Listen to your wife as she shares her heart and pray over those things together as well.

2012/9/11 17:59Profile

All of the Apostles left ALL, and followed Him Wherever he went. We must also.

"Anyway, I would be a fool not to listen to my wife as it pertains to the effect of something like this on our kids. Both emotionally and spiritually. Those are things that I'm not always in tune with because I'm a testosterone filled dude... and they are her babies.

Know what I mean?

So it's tough to know what to do."..Krispy.

Getting as low to the floor as I can here Krisp, that is exactly my point. Consider the Patriarchs, and Abraham himself. It was completely illogical for him to leave Ur, and his family , and all comfort and protection to sojourn outward into a hostile world, alone, to search for another city, and possibly Sarah wasn't so thrilled about it all also; it did not matter.

I myself have made many such decisions in my marriage, and at least one or two alone, with much resistance from my family and wife, with hostility.....but I made the decision that I thought best for them, and moreover and more important, the decision that pleased God, not even myself.

In one of them, my wife told me that if I proceeded that she would leave me, and take my son with her. I was so confident that I was in the will of God, and so fearful, that I told her that I would miss her, but she would have to go, if this was her choice, but I was doing the other thing, that I knew was right.

She ended up packing up, and left. I continued in my way, and after a few days, she repented, and did return under my roof. In this, I must say, that I received a promotion from the Lord, and He displayed His pleasure toward me, and I knew He was satisfied that He might trust me to stand, even when I stood alone, to perform His will.

So, is your home and your roots and family the source of your decisions, unlike Abraham, or is it to follow the Lamb, WHEREVER He may Go?

"Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword.

For I have come to ‘set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law’; and ‘a man’s enemies will be those of his own household.’

He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.

And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it."..and..

"“Assuredly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife[ or children or lands, for My sake and the gospel’s, who shall not receive a hundredfold now in this time;

...houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and lands, with persecutions—and in the age to come, eternal life.

But many who are first will be last, and the last first.”...Jesus

This is the very core of discipleship itself; EVERYTHING is on the alter...EVERYTHING..and especially your worldly loves and possessions, your future and your supposed well being and it is at the basis of GO!...

"And as He walked by the Sea of Galilee, He saw Simon and Andrew his brother casting a net into the sea; for they were fishermen.

Then Jesus said to them, “Follow Me, and I will make you become fishers of men.”

They immediately left their nets and followed Him."
Do we act in this way? ....I hope.

Peter had a family, and fishing was his only security. Beware that you justify rebellion by exalting your own desire for comfort and peace among your family. Lay everything at His alter, holding nothing back, including the love of your children and wife. Be the Head of your Home, and the Priest of your home, and make this decision as unto the Lord, no matter the cost, and you will be blessed.

2012/9/11 18:23

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy