SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Do You Believe We Should Cast Out Demons Today? - John Piper

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Do You Believe We Should Cast Out Demons Today? - John Piper

Do you believe in casting out demons? How would you go about it?
I do, and I think there is a steady state, normal way to go about it from 2 Timothy 2:24-26. And I think occasionally there is what David Powlison would call an ekballistic form. David doesn't think that is the normal way to do ministry, and we may or may not see things eye to eye there.

So I would say, occasionally you see a manifestation of demonic power that is so in your face and so possessive and controlling of a person's life that an extraordinary intervention and exorcism is called for.

I've been involved in one in my life-only one. But I've read about others and it is much more common on the mission field, of course, where you are moving immediately into places where they are more explicitly demon-driven than we are explicitly demon-driven here.

The steady state, ordinary way of bringing people out of the clutches of the devil is described in 2 Timothy 2 where it says, "Teach with gentleness, correct your opponents in love. God may perhaps grant them to repent and come to a knowledge of the truth and be delivered or escape from the power of the evil one who had taken them captive." That's a paraphrase. So clearly in that passage, teaching and love and patience and God's sovereignty-maybe he'll intervene-is the normal way that Timothy is being told to free people from the will and the bondage of the devil.

I don't think in order to be seriously engaged in spiritual warfare (where you are freeing people from the powers of the evil one), you have to do exorcisms week in and week out. You have to be a faithful, loving, humble, and repenting teacher-a lover of people. Satan is a liar and therefore he will not abide truth. He is a murderer, and therefore he will not abide love. So if you are a truth-giver and a deep, self-sacrificing lover, you will win.

That text from Revelation 12:11-"They overcame the devil by the blood of the lamb, for they loved not their lives even unto death"-what does that say? You overcome the devil by the gospel, by believing you are covered by the blood. You overcame by applying and teaching and preaching the blood of Christ, and then by being so sacrificially dedicated to people's lives that you are willing to die rather than run away from a situation. When that happens, when martyrs covered by the blood loving people happens, Satan is defeated.

So there are lots of ways, at least the three that I'm describing here. This teaching way, this self-sacrificing, gospel way, and this occasional exorcistic way.

Demons are real, Satan is real, and every pastor should do a serious study of the devil and of his ways and of demons, and decide how he is going to deal with that. Because there is an attack on the church in various forms all the time.

from: http://global.christianpost.com/news/do-you-believe-we-should-cast-out-demons-today-81111/

2012/9/9 1:17Profile
onemite

Re: Do You Believe We Should Cast Out Demons Today? - John Piper

From one who has been delivered, I say AMEN!

2012/9/9 2:12Profile

Power belongs to God!

Power encounters; When the holy Spirit is encountered by the demonic. Mostly, these spirits manifest themselves when the power of God is held in a meeting, or an individual.

I have tried to cast them out in the flesh, and failed, and have been used a little to cast them out by the Spirit. When I am talking about demons, I am not talking about headaches. I am talking about multi-voiced blaspheming, cursing entities that exhibit rabid hatred for God, and all seem to come with an odor most foul; like a rotting animal and feces.

Once, I saw over 100 people delivered at once, in Kansas City, at a very large meeting I was attending. These folks were all a part of a Korean Christian fellowship in Seattle. The speaker, Mahesh Chavda, had been fasting 40 days, water only, and had finished speaking when this phenomena occurred, and had left the building, when screams were heard.

These Korean people began to fall to the ground, writhing and screaming, and there was one girl who became the focus for me. She was perhaps 20, four feet eleven in height, and perhaps 80 pounds in weight. It took several hefty men to hold her, as the ministry began.

Her color turned ashen, dark, like grey dirt, and her eyes were flashing as she screamed foreign curses, mixed with a little English, and this odor was all around her. I joined in this, invoking the name of Jesus for this demon to looses it's grip, along with 8-10 others. The only thing that we did right, is that we did not give up.

It got a little scary, to be honest, as the demon began to confront me in defiance, It wasn't budging. The amazing phenomena here was her mouth. Her lips were pushed outward three or four inches from her face, and formed a perfect trumpet; bright purple. This was physically impossible. Out of that trumpet several voices raged as she squirmed.

It seemed that all of our invocation held nothing, and the devil had won...but...we did not stop. Finally, a young Korean man straddled her, and cupped her face into his hands, and peered into her eyes and called her name, and gently told her to cry out to Jesus. He did this over and over, and finally, amid the din of many voices and chaotic sounds, a slight feminine voice was heard; "Jesus help me!"..and louder and louder; "Jesus help me!"

The girl kept repeating that phrase over and over and then, it was like a thunder cloud had broke, and just vanished, and she lay there motionless, and then began to praise Jesus in the most beautiful tongues I had ever heard. We saw her color change from grey to sweet white with a perfect pink complexion, and a joy came over her that must have been close to Pentecost.

She rose on her feet, lifted her arms and hands to "Heaven, and the odor was all gone, as you could smell a holy oil that I cannot describe in it Heavenly qualities..[ Have you smelled Heaven? and know what I am talking about?] She continued to worship, and I left to other parts of the room.

Later we found out that this was happening all over the room, as we were engaged with this sister. Everyone was delivered to one degree or another.

As I pondered all of this, the Lord gave me a Word of knowledge right then and there. I saw an Oriental Buddhist Priest lighting incense at an alter, and behind the incense were the bones and relics of the ancient mother's and father's of people. The Lord spoke to me, and said; "ANCESTRAL WORSHIP!".

I understood how Satan used Buddhism over Millennia to possess and inhabit entire cultures through families, and the Priests of Baal, of that religious culture, would ensure that the demons held on passed down through the veneration of Mother and Father.

In this culture, they are actually worshipped; Venerated, and along with the religious aspect of Buddhism, allowed actual devils to masquerade as the spirits of Mom and dad....and then...possess the children.........on and on and on throughout time.

The Kingdom of Heaven is exhibited in Power. Jesus commands all in Heaven and Earth, and is a good, loving God!

2012/9/9 3:58
jimp

Re:

hi, i have found that it is very easy to cast out a demon that is openly manifesting itself but somewhat difficult to cast out those you know are there but are hiding and everything seems normal except the chilling prescense of evil.jimp

2012/9/9 4:00Profile

Quote:
Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behaviour his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom. But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your heart, do not be arrogant and so lie against the truth. This wisdom is not that which comes down from above, but is earthly,   natural, demonic. For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there is disorder and every evil thing. But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits, unwavering, without hypocrisy. And the   seed whose fruit is righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace. James 3:13-18

In this passage of Scripture that which is demonic is clearly demonstrated to be earthly and natural. This is rather like speaking of “earth spirits” in pantheism. Pretty well all cultures have something of a visible belief system which attends to the demonic. In Great Britain this history is still visible in the monuments which are scattered across the Isles. These are called standing stones and the vast majority of them all point to heaven. The Totem in Canada and America are the same in meaning. When we speak about the demonic we should understand at least one profound point. We ourselves are naturally inclined to be demonic. The characteristics of behaviour which James speaks of are all resident in the human condition. Similarly in Galatians 5:20 were read about the fruits of the flesh. In that list are many of the characteristics which we would easily recognise as belonging to individuals. Included is also sorcery and witchcraft. Before we look to demonic explanations about our conduct as well as the conduct of others we would do well to reckon with ourselves and realise that the very nature of the fallen man is demonic in many of its attributes.

The tower of Babel is satanically inspired, but the strong man of that activity is not a demon, but a man called Nimrod (Genesis Chapter 10). When men themselves are strong as Nimrod was strong the outcome may very well become a direct opposition to God. The people who laboured with Nimrod to build the city and the tower are like the demons of today as they correspond to Satan before his fall. By following Satan, they also come into the judgement of Satan. So the people of the time of Nimrod by following Nimrod came also into his judgment as well. The same is true of everyone who uses their strength against God and draws others after them, the “others” suffer as does the one who is strong.

Demons themselves are in no way different. A weaker demon having been cast out of its house will go and seek for a stronger demon to help retake the house it has lost. These spirits are undoubtedly evil but so are men. Who can doubt the fearful wickedness of some men, or even one man who through a desire to dominate and control others will go to exceptional lengths to do so, including everything which makes for suffering and misery of the one being controlled? To understand the wickedness of men we do not even have to look to visible wickedness. The Pharisees pressed for the death of Jesus even against a King and a Roman Governor, when they were either unwilling or else actually desired to release Jesus. Compassion on the other hand comprehends suffering; and is a desire to relieve suffering. Jesus had this compassion and so He went about relieving men, women and children of demonic oppression and possession. People desiring to build ministries on casting out demons may well have fallen into the trap of their own flesh in a desire to have power for the wrong reasons. The power to deal with demonic spirits as well as men is the same power of God. It is The Holy Spirit working in a person in The Lord’s name. To the evil spirit it is a dread and a terror, but to the man it is the mercy of God.

In looking at Nimrod again we read that he was a “mighty one on the earth, a mighty hunter before the Lord” The saying was “Like Nimrod, a mighty hunter before the Lord” Genesis 10:8-9. Nimrod was mighty and his might made him able to do those things necessary for the benefit of his people. This would have included many things but it also included hunting for food and thereby providing for his people.. This activity alone would have made him popular, but it needs to be grasped that he was first a king. He didn’t usurp God in this activity, but was before God. Just as Cain went before God with his offering, so as to please God, Nimrod would have been of the same mind in the first instance. Somewhere on the way the flattery of his name “Nimrod, a mighty hunter before the Lord” became the basis for his rebellion and desire to enter heaven itself Genesis 11:4-6. Satan before His fall fell into this same conceit and in hidden ways drew the praise of God to himself. In the end it produced in him open rebellion, which was then judged instantly. Before this openness Satan drew those who were in service to God under his authority away from serving God until they themselves became defiant and rebellious as well. This process of a hidden rebellion before an open rebellion is what lies at the root of the meaning of the word occult. Nimrod was a king, and it is from the place of a king that his trade also led to revealing his hidden ambition to press into heaven and confront God as though such a thing could produce some benefit. It is delusional, but it is real in the mind of the man who understands the nature of real authority and is angry with God; even as it is in Satan’s mind also. Effectual rebellion is produced where there is in the first instance real authority.

It seems to me that before we begin pressing for spectacular deliveries and all the consequences of it, we would do well to understand the danger of it. The New Apostolic Reformation is a claim that Jezebel (herself) revealed to a prophetess that she(Jezebel) had under her garments powerful evil spirits and that this revelation led to a realisation that there was a need or compulsion for the re-establishing of the prophetic and apostolic ministries. The year was 2009. The outcome was the so-called New Apostolic Reformation. It is a matter of certainty to me that this ministry amounts to the same in meaning and purpose as the prophets who went over to Queen Jezebel and formed the cohort of her power; the very same prophets whom God destroyed in a single day, by the hand of Elijah.

Satan is always looking for a man or a woman whom he can deceive so as to make use of their souls. It is one thing to chase after a wild beast with a spear or else a bow, like Nimrod, but it is another thing when through the praises of men, a Nimrod then lends himself to speech and claims to be able to enter heaven itself so as to serve the very demands of Satan in bringing an accusation of men, before God Himself. Underlying all of that wicked ones activities is deception. Only in the most exceptional circumstances is he permitted to act directly in a physical way on men. The dispossessed spirits which having had their bodies removed in judgement, are in essence his hidden instrument to effect physical outcomes. Apart from this reality the greatest danger is when men give themselves through vanity or else fear and anger in their souls so that their very bodies and souls become an instrument of Satan.

It has to be said that in seeking to serve God I have pressed into blackest darkness in order to settle the historical basis of the working of Satan in my life from the moment I was born. I cannot really explain why I felt a need to do this given that it is clear that all true knowledge comes from God Himself. The thing I remember, (despite that it had pleased God to save me out of darkness), was that I began to look inward and in drawing back the veal of a wounded heart and coursing the streams of the mind with all their tumult in so far as the natural mind is concerned, I found that discontent which arises when a man ceases to trust God Himself, making vain the calling of God so as to make personal that which is against God Himself; even the activities of God’s true opponent.

The year was 1999/2000. Over that millennial change I very nearly pressed myself into death and at moments I nearly lost my mind. The very same spirit which was the object of my hatred was Jezebel. Yet that spirit always leads to the one who lords over, even Satan. Whilst I have no doubt that this pressing was sin to me and an abuse of the calling of God in my life, it was informed and underpinned by being worn down with the continuous attacks of the enemy. The whole dreadful business was undertaken without any visibility whatsoever. Not one person who knew me had any knowledge and even to this day I have only ever confessed this hidden activity to one man. In sharing it now I feel it is a confidence borne out of understanding that I am not the only man to have confused that which is against God Himself with that which is against a man. I have every reason to be angry with God on the face of it. Yet I have learned that the attacks of the enemy and his activities are truly against God. It isn't personal as we imagine it to be.

God is merciful and for six weeks after laying me low in travail of suffering I was granted repentance. It has taken 13/14 years to openly speak of it. In the end all things work for good to those who love God and are called according to His purposes. Demons are nothing. Satan is nothing. Christ is all in all. If we walk in the light then we will be the finger of God in delivering men and women of the things which make them suffer. It must be a ministry of compassion and not a ministry of anger or vanity. It must be borne out of the fruits of the Spirit in peace.

Edited New Apostolic Revival should have read New Apostolic Reformation

2012/9/9 13:54
Buwa

Re: Re: Do You Believe We Should Cast Out Demons Today? - John Pipe

Well, it is important however to note that scripturally speaking, no one has ever cast a demon out of himself. But it is recorded that certain individuals have cast demons out of others. So we must be able to create a fine line between a man casting a demon out of himself and a man casting a demon out of someone else. No one can cast a demon out of himself, it is impossible! Though God can deliver you from demonic oppression without using someone as an instrument to do it!

I brought this up so that we do not mistakenly start to groom Christians who are zealous to case out demons without knowledge.

2012/9/9 18:42Profile

Quote:
Well, it is important however to note that scripturally speaking, no one has ever cast a demon out of himself. But it is recorded that certain individuals have cast demons out of others. So we must be able to create a fine line between a man casting a demon out of himself and a man casting a demon out of someone else. No one can cast a demon out of himself, it is impossible! Though God can deliver you from demonic oppression without using someone as an instrument to do it!

I brought this up so that we do not mistakenly start to groom Christians who are zealous to case out demons without knowledge. Buwa.

Buwa your concern and advice is sound and reasonable.

The article at the root of this OP lays down three attitudes that one can take in seeking to address the problem of demonic activity. At the heart of one of them lies an injunction for pastors to use the “teaching way” to help equip the flock to this business of delivering those we minister too from the powers of wickedness which are real and active. Attending to that I have shared as I have.

The greatest mistake one can make is to personalise deliverance by seeing this ministry of service to others as somehow arising from your own being. The whole business of delivering men and women from the oppression of the enemy comes down to a provocation. Not the deliberate provocation of a man, but rather the provocation of the gospel itself. I have only ever seen fear and falling away result from ministries which are based on a man deliberately provoking evil spirits. This has always proved to be something of a boast as well on the part of those who behave like this. It falsely sets these individuals apart in the body, because the vast majority of believers become fearful when that which is ordinarily hidden become visible. The man or the woman who behaves like this, gains an advantage over the flock and this often becomes a form of lording it over the flock. Whether these men do actually set people free is a moot point. In sharing as I did earlier I was not speaking about myself coming under attack beyond what was normal to anyone who is directly involved in mission. I was speaking about a substantive knowledge of Satanic and demonic activity in the air, not in the air of my space, but the air in general. The pressing into darkness was not a being attacked; though I was attacked, it was a decision to attack and to do so in such a way that it became inevitable that I would draw attention to myself and not to Christ who is the name which is over these things. In short it was a presenting myself to wickedness in the air. Nearly losing my mind was not a reference to being possessed, but to pressing and communicating with demonic powers for the purpose of directly challenging them. The very first word which I heard as I pressed in this way was “you cannot serve us, it is impossible”. This ought to be a sobering consideration to anyone who makes a ministry of casting our demons and all that attends to deliverance but does not in reality understand what they are doing. The demons understand very well that this is not the way Christ’s ministers should go about things. So when someone begins to labour like this in a display they are ever willing to take advantage of that fool and put on a really impressive show. These shows almost always bring fear into those who observe them.

In my case I deliberately went after them precisely because I don’t fear them having been delivered from their deep workings in my own soul and body by an even deeper working of God when I first believed. Moreover I would not allow them to harm anyone else either, but kept the whole thing invisible and hidden from every one including my wife and children, my church and indeed all men. I did however acknowledge it before God at the time and so I did it without guile. In sharing this here it amounts to a confession before men. It may also mean that this is my last posts here on SI. What has prompted this is twofold. On the one hand I have been blessed by the fellowship in the spirit and in words with many members so as to feel confident to do this. Though it is not necessary to do it, I feel led to do it, due to the love I have and the love which has been shown me as well. Also I read this morning about a so-called prophetic vision which I described above regarding that confederacy of wickedness given the name Jezebel which formed a type of basis for certain brethren to feel that a new work was beginning. This work has been characterised as the restoration of the apostolic and prophetic ministries to the church as a latter day ministry. It is a claim that this new work will exceed that of the reformation itself and so we see men and women claiming to be apostolic and prophetic, in the end lording it over the flock through deception in claiming to represent God Himself in these times. They are liars and blasphemers. The basis of their activity is demonic and their methodologies are demonic, even satanic. Their claim is to be building a physical kingdom here on earth to receive Christ at His return. This is nothing less than sorcery and witchcraft. They are lending their calling to serve Satan which in the end will cost them dearly. Some may not be saved. But many will be and are drawing into something which they cannot even comprehend. On the other hand a few may well comprehend it, they are truly wicked.

Given that the principle focus of my pressing into darkness was Jezebel to my shame I see just how this attends to this (NAR) presentation of wickedness which was eventually presented to me, as those spirits eventually stopped seeking to kill me, but instead sought to deceive me in the most subtle and terrible way in defiance of their own knowledge. What was presented to me was the same lie which is being practised in the so-called New Apostolic Reformation. The year which I am speaking about is 1999/2000 which correlates in time to the first fruits of this movement. God Himself would not allow me to be deceived nor would He allow me to be carried away in death. I was accused before God in heaven and a limitation was set corresponding to my natural family which if I did not offer them as others have done Satan would have no ground for accusation. I did not give up so much as a hair of one of my children or wife for six months during which time I was tempted to do so, with promises of great power and wealth. All of this I say to my shame. The really subtle fact of this is a realisation that God is indeed going to do a great work in these times. It will include a renewing of understanding as to what the prophetic and apostolic ministries are. But this understanding will not be wrestled into being by men, but rather the lie and the counterfeit will be wrestled down by God through men for a presentation to be revealed according to God and not the boastings of men.

If any man makes a ministry in deliverance from demonic oppression and possession it will be seen by those very same spirits as proof that the man is boastful and therefore able to be deceived into becoming an instrument of Satan through becoming foolish. In the end such a man may well end lording it over the flocks of God and in that process become powerful and rich. This is the worst kind of wickedness. The best kind of deliverance is when a person rejects wickedness of their own volition seeing as how wonderful and marvellous is God and Christ. Therein lays true deliverance and liberty.

2012/9/9 23:41
brothagary

Re:

brother armkelly you will be missed if you decide to leave this site

i strugle to fully grasp some of your posts ,,it just my limited english and wisdom

can i ask has your mind changed about the propherts that god will raise up in the last revivle that will produce an awkening before jesus returns

i agree with the carasmatic and apasolic movement current in general ,is demonic ,,

i wasnt sure if your speaking about that or the former

please concider staying a wile longer for edafications sake

blessings brother gary

2012/9/10 5:50Profile

Re:

Quote:
i strugle to fully grasp some of your posts ,,it just my limited english and wisdom

can i ask has your mind changed about the propherts that god will raise up in the last revivle that will produce an awkening before jesus returns

i agree with the carasmatic and apasolic movement current in general ,is demonic ,,

i wasnt sure if your speaking about that or the former Brother Gary.

Here is the link to the site of John Macarthur where by chance I came across the comments on the NAR and John’s view of it. I realise that some of the comments in this transcription attend to John’s personal understanding of the gifts of the Holy Spirit. The blasphemy spoken of in this article is against Christ, not the Holy Spirit. That would draw a profound distinction in truth as to what blaspheme of The Holy Spirit really is, were it truly possible today, and would mean that none of the men and women involved in NAR could be saved. By implication it would mean that if they ever did know Christ they would likewise perish, a thing which is not possible. How easy it is to say ahead of time as though we were Christ Himself “they knew Him not” or else to say “they believed not”. We are not their judge neither can we condemn them. But their works being clearly visible show them to be labouring in a falsehood.

http://www.gty.org/resources/sermons/90-415/the-modern-blasphemy-of-the-holy-spirit

In reading this article I realise for the first time the actual degree of wickedness being described. It is so full that it has put me into a state of despondency. It has even caused me to question the extent to which I am trusting God Himself or to what extent I am trusting in the calling of God in my own life. This may be difficult to understand, but the description of the two apostles pressing into the political sphere, laying hands upon a state governor and then setting out to take, by line and rod and mark and invocation of God, the geographical landscape of a state is so closely attendant to demonic and satanic activity that it is truly unnerving. The Jezebelic vision, though on the face of it, seeming ridiculous, is symbolically accurate and reflects in determination an agreement which is both true and real of that confederacy of spirits which make up that effect. It would be easy to say that these men and the women referred to are simply deluded unbelievers, but I am inclined to think they know exactly what they are doing. What shocks me further is the realisation that this information is freely available and probably known about by many on SI and America, but has become just another choice "to see it or not to see it". This account is rather like Daniel being taken into Babylon then setting about to overthrow Nebuchadnezzar with sorcery, but whilst claiming that he was serving God. In reality Daniel was taken into captivity, loved and feared God, was faithful in serving a great king who himself called Daniel Belshazzar (prince of sorcerers) because he being ignorant knew nothing of truth at that hour and knew no other power. In reality of Daniel’s day of preparation, it became a requirement of God that many in Israel, at that time of Jeremiah go into captivity, which became for those who did not resist a sanctuary. Those who did resist went back into Egypt, which is to say, the world.

America is lost. The ambitions of those who know that they are not serving God pale into a shadow compared to this open wickedness. Imagine what a man who believes that Jesus is the brother of Satan will think when he realises that his own temple and blasphemies do not need to be explained away, but men of God will be willing to deliver him of his religion of demonic visibility so as to make of the edifice of his blasphemous temple, a temple of opportunity to bring the kingdom of heaven to hand? No need to resist these men of God or to feel humiliated by their vanity in believing that they have the very power of God to build the physical kingdom of heaven on earth! They will be serving the same master. In this agreement Satan is lifted up to become a son of God once more, and Christ is brought down to become God’s true opponent. And the man becomes king. It is like Daniel having overthrown Nebuchadnezzar by sorcery then establishes another more dreadful king. This may well be the end for America but it is a shadow of what is to come in Israel.

When many speak about the prophetic man it is said that he is proven false or true by virtue of his mouth, and this is indeed true. Yet what is perhaps not so easily understood is that the prophetic man is also a minister in his own body. The only ministry which is sent out of the churches, whilst it is a ministry of several, is the prophetic and teaching ministries. Yet they become by reason of being sent out apostolic (Apostolos). Paul who was such a man, formerly a prophet, but becoming an apostle took with him prophets to labour with him. Why? The reason is very simply and easily understood. By becoming an apostle Paul was constrained by Christ Himself to minister Christ Himself. He must need minister in love and with compassion and weakness to those who were lost and thereafter to those who had been found. No doubt Paul continued to have all the benefits of his prophetic calling and understood very well how to pull down that which opposed. Yet for the sake of Christ he was restrained both in his body and in his manner, for the benefit of those who were chosen. Therefore he took along with him prophetic men who were able to do that which he also understood but which he could no longer exercise in visibility of his person; just as the Corinthians accused Him; of being strong in letter whilst absent, but weak in person whilst present. The prophets with him were with him to benefit him; to be of service to him. In their visibility there was an advantage to Paul. They were his servants and co-workers in the Gospel. But they had to be physically present with him. They did not minister in absence.

The NAR is a parody of truth. It is a counterfeit. It is a lie, but it is visible and as John Macarthur shares it is gaining ground.

Here is something which I wrote in May of this year. It may help in understanding this.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=45493&forum=34&0

To answer your question brother Gary I have not changes my mind in any part whatsoever. I just realise that to be of any service to the brethren in America I would have to be in America physically as well.. A thing which I am not called to do, hence my sudden despondency. I will share that at the moment myself and a few other brethren are laying a foundation of practical help and sanctuary for a time of persecution. This is physically in the Lincolnshire Marshes of England. These marshes were the place that a few under the leader ship of John Smyth were driven before being imprisoned in Boston Gaol. Thereafter they joined the other Pilgrim Fathers in Plymouth and set sail for America. If there comes a time when brethren in the USA need a place to flee too, there is one here in England for them.

2012/9/11 5:17
jimp

Re:

hi, thank God ;john mcauthor is not one of the writers of scripture. this negative, unredeeming and untrue attitude that made you so discouraged is a big problem. Jesus is still the head of His church and He has already defeated satan,sin and death. to point to Jesus is the only way. He is the fouth man in the fiery furnace,He has shut the mouths of the lions, He is the Good Shepherd. if you are born again than you are in Him and under His protection with zoe life.all they (whoever they are?) can do to you is to place you on the streets of gold. be ready to meet Jesus every day and enjoy your life preferring others and serving .jimp

2012/9/11 7:22Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy