Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Gazing at the Cross - A. B. Simpson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Gazing at the Cross - A. B. Simpson

Days of Heaven on Earth
Thursday, September 06, 2012

There is no spiritual value in depression. One bright and thankful look at the cross is worth a thousand morbid, self-condemning reflections. The longer you look at the evil the more it defiles and mesmerizes you into its own likeness. Lay it down at the cross, accept the cleansing blood, reckon yourself dead to the thing that was wrong, then rise up and count yourself as if you were another man or woman.

Identifying yourself with the Lord Jesus, you may then accept your standing in Him and look in your Father's face as blameless as Jesus. Then out of your every fault will come some lesson of watchfulness or some secret of victory that will enable you some day to thank Him, even for your e painful experiences.

But praise is a sacrifice for it is acceptable to God. It ascends to heaven sweeter than the songs angels, a sweet smelling savour (Ephesians 5:2) to your Lord. It should be the sacrifice of praise to God continually (Hebrews 13:15). One drop of poison will make the whole cup a cup of death, one moment of gloom will defile a whole day of sunshine. Let us rejoice evermore (1 Thessalonians 5:16).

Scripture
Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord—Philippians 3:1

2012/9/6 8:23Profile

Re: Gazing at the Cross - A. B. Simpson

Dear brother, I appreciate your postings and A.B.Simpson was so close to the heart of God, it spills over like oil on his writings. Always pointing us to Jesus, always bringing us to the place of His presence, always taking us to the foot of the cross. These are the places of victory. Although men like Simpson and his great admirer Tozer and men like Wilkerson were very intelligent men and had an enormous grasp on church history and theology, their real strength was that they knew where the victory lay, in the presence of God, at the foot of the cross, gazing into Jesus, the author and the finisher of our faith. May we be vessels that continually point people to Jesus, not the historical Jesus but the Jesus who is alive and can be encountered today. May we always talk of His presence and Calvary and ressurection power. He has made a way to the throne of grace where we can talk to our heavenly Father and in this place there is victory............bro Frank

2012/9/6 10:08
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Thank you Brother Frank for your words, and I couldn't agree with you more that Jesus has to be the focus of our lives, because God has placed all of His fulness in His Son, and He has been made to be our wisdom, righteousness ,sanctification, and redemption.

I am blessed to know that A.B. Simpson and Tozer's writings minister to you. Both of these men wrote by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit and you get the sense that they spent much time in the presence of the Lord. Tozer's book "The Pursuit of God" is one of my all time favorites.

I share these devotionals in the hope that others will taste and see that the Lord is good and be drawn to a closer fellowship and union with Him.

Mike

2012/9/6 11:36Profile
dottiejean

Pacific NW

Re: Gazing at the Cross - A. B. Simpson

Oh! My!!! That's a sweet one. Thank you Mike......dj

2012/9/6 23:38Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy