SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : The Ministry of Exposing Others - SI Forums Note

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
A doctrinally-incorrect Apollos can always have things "better explained" to him by a Priscilla and Acquila (Acts 18:26)

Acts 18

24 Now a Jew named Apollos, an Alexandrian by birth, an eloquent man, came to Ephesus; and he was mighty in the Scriptures.

25 This man had been instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in spirit, he was speaking and teaching ACCURATELY the things concerning Jesus, being acquainted only with the baptism of John;

26 and he began to speak out boldly in the synagogue. But when Priscilla and Aquila heard him, they took him aside and explained to him the way of God MORE accurately.

Just a quick thought:

Being doctrinally-incomplete, and being doctrinally-incorrect, are two quite different things.

2012/9/4 5:44
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
Being doctrinally-incomplete

These words can be helpful because they point us to the need for FULLNESS - that is, the COMPLETENESS of Jesus Christ’s abundant gift through salvation.

Imagine a hospital where the medical people gather each day to talk about the health problems. That’s mainly all they do - in great depth. They discuss their patients' foolish life choices which cause their health problems.

Perhaps the medical staff sings songs about the virtues of good health, or their lovely facility, or wonderful medical director. But together they do little to change anyone’s health. They are, for some reason, not using the abundant gifts and resources they have been given to improve the health condition of society. They don't know how.

To ponder: Why is there this disposition to view life through the eyes of emptiness instead of fullness? Why do we find it easier to grab hold of the symbols of emptiness in our world? This is surely a deadly virus among us all. It’s highly contagious. We are all part of the disease because we easily adapt ourselves to this habit of thinking – and it doesn’t even feel evil. But it festers into resentment and suspicion. Let's admit, that's the world we live in. The MEDIA feeds this to us in a continuous stream. (and isn't that one of our hang-outs)

I suggest that the disease is un-forgiveness – the inability to receive divine unforgiveness for our own sinfulness, and thus the inability to be forgiving people in a fallen world – with forgiving-ness expressed through a renewal of language, thoughts, and habits of viewing others in our world.

May God heal us of our own woundedness through the fullness of his grace and forgiveness – that we may become healers in our wounded world – through the practice of that same grace and forgiveness given to us.

Diane

2012/9/4 6:32Profile
Coolwater

Re:

Both COMPLETE and CORRECT, as always: thanks Diane..

Pondering over these Vintage Photos, came across the -
Epistle to the King and Parliment from George Fox;

Description: George Fox was indeed born at Drayton-in-the clay, Leicestershire, England (now known as Fenny Drayton), 24 km (15 miles) southwest of Leicester. His father, Christopher Fox, was a weaver, called "righteous Christer" by his neighbor.

His mother Mary Lago, was-he tells us-"of the stock of the Martyrs". From childhood, Fox was of a serious, religious disposition. His education was based around the faith of practice of the Church of England, of which his parents were members; he had no formal schooling, but was able to read and write.

Even at a young age, he was fascinated by the Bible, which he studied continually. "When I came to eleven years of age," he said, "I knew pureness and righteousness; for, while I was a child, I was taught how to walk to be kept pure. The Lord taught me to be faithful in all things, and to act faithfully two ways; viz., inwardly to God, and outwardly to man."

If you read the Vintage Photos of John Sung and Watchman Nee, you will see that they both had in command eleven years. John Sung suffered illness alone with no wife to help him, while George Fox suffered righteousness.

Isn't this what brother Greg required of everyone, when creating this post. To often i see exquist and heart felt post being created, and through the coarse of the replys the actual topic gets some how lost in the midst of our spirituality.

I am not in any way saying that one if not all in one way or another should hold back from expressing and limiting our Spirit, quenching Gods Holy Spirit within us, God forbid - but for once, i would like to follow a discussion and perhaps join in as well.

Pray for me

2012/9/4 8:50Profile

Re: The Ministry of Exposing Others - SI Forums Note

Quote:
The Internet can have a strangely personal effect on us. When we are alone at our computer engaged in argument, who are we arguing with? More often then not, I wonder if the posts we choose to respond to are simply those that most resemble the issues we are still working out in our own lives. As we filter the comments we ignore from those we are drawn to, we are reacting to ourselves.

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/duty_calls.png

MC

:) Waited till you were signed on to reply to this one.

I was a Moderator some time before finding SI and Brother, you have to admit, there are times that what's been written on this thread can at times also be applied to Mods as well.
Even your cartoon. Had it done to me and have seen it done to others. Torn to shreds. The assumtion that they know the 'heart' of the person posting.
I've been inside the Mods-Only sections of two forums and it was enough to let me know just how human they truly are.
It only takes one Mod to get in there and stir things up for the whole forum to go into a cyclone. Just one - due to his/her own bias of opinion of a poster. Have seen it happen and it caught the rest on fire in that Private section.
On some occasions - that private section would turn into a just as sinful a gossip column as what some do through emails.
The main thing that I learned through those things that I've actually have seen on forums - is when the Mods themselves realize that they also have been and can be wrong as well and that spirit of humility becomes contagious to the members. That they too have posted things At members that caused the members great harm - as the title of this thread states, in "the ministry of exposing others" ... with name calling and all from these Mods. Banning those that shouldn't have been. Not taking the time to communicate first.
I can show you other forums that have become shelters for those who have been sorely wounded by the actions of "the ministry of exposing others by mods".
I've seen good people 'change' by becoming a Mod.
I've seen power hungry people vie or covet that position for that purpose of lording it over to compensate for their own 'weaknesses'. I can relate many stories about my own ten yrs online on other sites, but I think you get the picture. You were always quick to pick things up in the positive about everyone in the past and could read between the lines and understand on a different level - which I appreciate back when.

My Pastor, 'the Admiral' as I've spoken about, is tall, probably near genius yet said to me when I first joined - "If you ever see a fault in me, let me know."

Needless to say, that coming from him, just about dropped me - but you know - I was one of the quietest members in that Church and the respect I felt for that man will never fade.

Lastly, I found out a long time ago that we never fully know someone through just 'text' communicating.
I've been pleasantly surprised by getting to know people over the yrs through phone calls and grateful that I have - because their writing and their speech, seemed like two different people.
That definitely is the case with some.

Yes, I've seen your cartoon before and as long as we all understand that Mods can get just as 'human' in that regard as well and admitting that none are omniscient and words must be judged even in the private places and their affects - it may work out alright for all.

And fortunately for all - I'll end it here.

In His Love,

Ann

2012/9/4 9:49
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Sister,

I am sorry to say that you post not only typifies what I am writing about but also it directly squarely at the authority on this site ie moderators. This does sadden me and I am not going to even try to respond to any accusation.

this thread is being locked.

2012/9/4 11:38Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy