SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Join the Live Webcast Today from Charlotte

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
UntoBabes

Oregon

Join the Live Webcast Today from Charlotte

This September 3, the DNC (Democratic National Committee) is scheduled to arrive in Charlotte for its political convention. However, the night before, September 2, there is planned a gathering of believers—pastors, churches, and business leaders alike—to pray, fast, worship, and seek God together, in a spirit of unity, for the city of Charlotte and for our nation, and to repent of our sins (individually and as the church) and of the sins of our nation (in the spirit of 2 Chronicles 7:14). Thus, the event is being called Charlotte714.

Allow me to quote from the website, www.charlotte714.com: “We are publicly calling all Christians, churches, pastors, leaders, and moms and dads to pray/fast for 40 days in the spirit of repentance. This fast will begin on July 25 and end on September 2, the night of the Charlotte714 gathering. The night before the world scene and powers of the air collide in our city. We are asking Christians from around this nation to beseech heaven for a mighty move of God.”

It continues: “If we want our land to be healed, we need to repent in the church of our own sins. When we repent, the Spirit of God comes down. It is through brokenness and repentance that His Spirit comes in power, and restoration comes on the heels.”

Why is this event scheduled next to a political gathering? The organizers explain:

“The reason we want to gather the night before the Democratic National Convention is because this event provides an incredible platform for our nation to see God’s church united in prayer for our country. If the Republican convention or any other event with such global significance were happening in our city, our call to action would remain. The DNC is not a target; rather, it’s a platform. And upon this platform, the church of Charlotte gathers, in the spirit of 2 Chronicles 7:14, asking God to heal our land.”

I don’t know about you, but I am encouraged to hear of the Body of Christ uniting in prayer and repentance in this way! Let’s stand by them and support them in any way we can. Now is the time. Today is the first day of their 40-day prayer and fasting focus. Can we in the OneCry movement join them?

An exciting development for OneCry is that the leaders of Charlotte714 are discussing ways we can partner with them in this event and the prayer leading up to it. Pray for wisdom as we decide how to best participate in this endeavor.

For more information about this event, check out www.charlotte714.com.

http://www.onecry.com/conversations/charlotte714-prayer-begins-today/

2012/9/2 11:39Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re: Join the Live Webcast Today from Charlotte

I hope everybody is able to participate in this by video.

2012/9/2 15:37Profile
amranger

Montana

Re: Join the Live Webcast Today from Charlotte

I've been blessed so far. I encourage everyone to join in. God is moving, don't miss it.

2012/9/2 17:53Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:

I hope everybody is able to participate in this by video.

Dear Brother, I was able to watch this for over 30 minutes, praise God for the excellent prayers and burdens being expressed. Surely God used this event for His work. It would be great to hear a testimony of the event from your perspective of being there.

2012/9/2 23:52Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Amen. I watched for a couple hours. I was not able to attend because of a group I lead at church. But many in my church did go. Looks like they had quite a good turnout. I am glad. I was impressed by these two brothers burden and vision. Maybe you can try partnering with them Greg? They came to my church and I listened to them speak for a while once. I had the joy of being able to help lead the church in prayer over them as well. They are just local "lay" leaders in their respective churches. I am told they are also strong local business leaders, and provide a powerful witness to Christ amongst the business elite in town. They are former professional baseball players on top of it. God is truly being glorified through them.

2012/9/3 0:22Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy