SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Outward manifestations accompanying Revival!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
If you guys are so sure they are full of devils, why not go cast them out and show some "real" signs and wonders by delivering these poor deceived fellas.

Russell

No man of God I am aware of seeks after demons to cast them out. If the situation comes across our path we are given faith and grace to do this but it is not our "ministry" to seek out those demon possessed we have no model of that in the Bible from the apostles. We do have a group of 7 men who went about doing this in the book of Acts and took this ministry upon themselves and the Lord manifested the true motives behind their so called ministry.

Signs and wonders are to testify the preaching of the Gospel and is not something we seek to do for attention or to show we can.

God is sovereign in His the ways He works. He is a God of miracles. Yet He has given us truth in the Scriptures to test what see and hear. Jesus Christ Himself stated in the last days:

"For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. See, I have told you ahead of time." (Matthew 24:24-25)

So yes we should be concerned if so called Signs and wonders are happening that bring attention to men and not God and are extra Biblical. Such as the teaching of impartation of the Spirit from one man to another. Such practices are dangerous.

The laying on of hands in the Scriptures are clearly just something man does to signify what God is doing. But the Holy Spirit does not jump out of one person into another. So therefore we must be Biblical in our approach to what we see and hear.

"If it is not in the Book I am not going to believe it." - A.W. Tozer

2012/8/31 13:53Profile

Re:

Quote:
We do have a group of 7 men who went about doing this in the book of Acts and took this ministry upon themselves and the Lord manifested the true motives behind their so called ministry.

Hahaha! Yes!

Fantastic posts Greg and bearmaster.

Quote:
"If it is not in the Book I am not going to believe it." - A.W. Tozer

+1

2012/8/31 14:11
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Outward manifestations accompanying Revival!

I respect all of you but most of you are judging one generation’s standards by your own standards of today. I wasn’t at Azuza Street but neither were you! And what was written about it was "one" persons piece of the pie and how many pieces of the pie is there usually? 8? 12? But I know that God was there and yes, as well as a few evil spirits but does that dismiss what God did? It’s the same thing for the Wales Revival and we all know that God was there too. And it’s even the same for these “other” revivals, God was not 100% absent.

AND I plead with you to not deem something that the Bible is silent on to be “of demons” just because you don’t agree with the practice (i.e. falling in Spirit). We need to tread lightly what we teach others to hate especially when the Bible is silent on it. Far too many people on SI write their own Bibles where the Bible is silent on an issue. Shame on you. It’s pride and vanity.

God said and yet we still do not understand.... For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55.8-9

God bless,
Lisa

2012/8/31 14:59Profile
endlessjoe

University of Calabar Nigeria

Re:

I feel so sad to acknowledge that the line of thought had drifted way beyond what I had in mind. Had wanted us to trace d common denominator that defines d intensity of outward manifestations during Revivals. But now we seem to be criticising. This is my first time of chatting in a social media site on an International level tho I'd registerd here for two years. I now know that I assumed some things which I should have clarified. I thnk my use of the Word REVIVAL has put me at variance with some of our brothers due to difference in nomenclature. I was rather taken aback when Brother Greg mentioned the Modern miracle crusades and Tv programs because I cant imagine myself thinkin about Mega miracle/healing crusades when thinking about.They're totally miles apart to me. Also For instance am not used to the word "Real Revival" which our American Brothers use again and again. I understand our brethren in d US had to add d prefix "real" because of what some Pastors there do. As soon as a guest preacher preaches a sensational sermon, d host Pastor rushes to d Press d next day to announce " we're havin a Revival". Am afraid thats not the kind of Revival I recognise.

2012/8/31 15:41Profile
endlessjoe

Re:

Can't imagine myself thinkin about Mega miracle /healing crusades when thinking about REVIVAL. They're both miles apart. The one is man made, the other is Divine.

2012/8/31 15:46Profile
endlessjoe

Re:

God bless you Sis Lisa. Flesh and Blood had not revealed this unto you...

2012/8/31 16:01Profile
endlessjoe

Re:

I've heared that sermon by Brother Wilkerson Sir. He's been a BLESSING to me.

If the scriptures validates your stand that strange outward manifestation are always demonic or for those who're severely backslidden, then I'll find it somethin to worry about since it doesn't sit properly on my mind. I still maintain that the Apostles generated a noise that attracted a crowd. And when those rational humans gathered,what they saw the Apostles do made them conclude that they were drunk.It could be some of the Apostles staggered, while some lay prostrate on the floor thereby showing signs of intoxication. I maintain that had the Apostles simply conducted themselves in a slightly dignified manner while speakin those foreign languages, they won't have generated that noise that attracted the crowd and they wouldn't have been called drunks. The behaviour of the Apostle's was so strange that Peter deemed it necessary to begin his sermon by explaining the phenomena.And no one would say for sure that the Apostles were either demon possessed or "severely backslidden". Even though they'd backslidden at Gethsemane before our Lord's death,the 10 day retreat they'd spent bofore Pentecost should've been enough to revive them. I'd quoted Acts8:18-20 to buttress the point that Sorcerers and Satanists could still stick around durin Revivals. Whether King Saul was in a coma or simply in an unconscious state, the bottom line is that he came in contact with the Revival in Ramah, and the Spirit's impact on him put him in an emotional state or which he had no control whatsoever. If the Spirit did it in Ramah and on Pentecost, He may do it again in our Time.

2012/8/31 17:12Profile

Re:

I find this amusing that I argued for this position. That my emphasis was always on the outward manifestations. The signs and wonders. But this is a misplaced emphasis. Signs and wonders do not save a soul. It is the message of the criss. The greatest miracle, aside from the resurrection of Jesus Christ, is the salvation of a sinner who is bound for hell. The greatest miracle is a sinner turned into a saint.

Revivals have always been about the lost coming to Christ. Thus the true outward manifestations of any revival are sinners being saved by gracce. Again Jesus reminds his disciples in Luke 10 that they do not rejoice the demons submit to them. But they rejoice that tbeir names are written in heaven. In essence that they are rejoicing in the gospel.

I an not denying the reality of miracles that follow gospel preaching. But I believe the miracles are secondary to the gospel message. The miracles will confirm, autheticate the gospel. But to emphasize them is putting the cart before the horse.

My insights.

Bearmaster.

2012/8/31 18:09

Re:

Again Jesus warns several times that many false prophets will come doing signs and false wonders. According to Mat. 7 he warns that false prophets will say they prophesied and did many signs and wonders in his name. His response will be they depart from him. Jesus will calk these false prophets workers if ubiquity.

We do best to downplay the signs and wonders and stay within the bounds of the New Testament scriptures.

My insights.

Bearmaster.

2012/8/31 18:15
endlessjoe

Re:

I sincerely feel we've hyped this matteer of signs and wonders. Thought I won't talk about it again but am forced to ask you my Brother Bearmaster, do you think you can "downplay signs and wonders" and still "stay within the bounds of New Testament scriptures"? Are you referring to the same New TestamEnt which chronicled d accounts of men whose shadows healed the sick and castout demons. Are you really saying you're going to "DOWNPLAY" genuine signs and wonders without qualms as to whose axe is goad, even if you qUench The Spirit in d process?

2012/8/31 18:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy