SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Thanking God for the trials. . .

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
lindi1208

Re:

Learn wrote

"3) Learned that "if it turns you away from God, its the devil" but "if it turns you to God, then its the Holy Spirit"

4) If it condemns you, its the devil. If it convicts you and gives you hope, its the Holy Spirit

5) If you cannot control it, then its not from God because the fruit of the spirit can be controlled.
1 Corinthians 14:32
The spirits of prophets are subject to the control of prophets

6) The devil can use scriptures/godly things. Oh, you have no idea how sneaky it is and it starts way long before you even realise it :(

7) The importance of the word (bible)"

Amen Sister couldn't agree with you more! : )Especially no 6! The enemy is very sneaky indeed and good at twisting scripture to satisfy one's lust!

Blessings in Christ!

2012/8/30 20:12Profile
ET101

Re:

Super, super responses!! Thank you all!! I'm learning so much from you all.

So, yes, me too. I've had a trial that went on for some 7 years or so. . .till I said 'enough' and cut off relationships painfully.

I'm an entirely different person for it all. ENTIRELY!! So much so that my interests are different, my purposes are different, my focus has shifted. . .

I agree with your point 3 a lot, Learn! It's turned me towards God and that's a good litmus-test for the value of the 'hell.'

Jeffmar; sound words! What you describe has been true of my experience too. Pride is an issue with me. . .still.

So my lessons; through it all, to be the best 'faith bull-dog' you can be and bite and hold onto God. Second; there's a saying I heard Richard Wurmbrandt (sp?) say; 'God is the Truth. The Bible is the truth about the Truth. Sermons are the truth about the truth about the Truth. You have to know the Truth and hold onto the Truth.'

2012/8/31 3:13Profile
learn

Re:

by ET101 on 2012/8/31 0:13:17
I agree with your point 3 a lot, Learn! It's turned me towards God and that's a good litmus-test for the value of the 'hell.']

Just want to clarify for me that I learn this BUT I'm still at the point of putting it into practise. I've ended up with a very deep and painful 'battle scar' and even wake up in the middle of my sleep with the broken-heartedness/aloneness (nothing like the attacks that I've had previously) and really feel like leaving God. But its only when I remember my point 3, that I realize its the devil and try to submit to God and thus resist the devil so that it can flee. It may takes hours at time to accomplish this. It isn't easy and I wish it will heal immediately but it ain't going anytime soon. The devil prowls and I can tell by how I feel especially since this feeling was never a part of me before this spiritual attack.

Just thought I clarify this because I do not want to mislead anyone to think that everything is fine and dandy. I'm trying to think of the positives and I guess only when I delve deeper into God that maybe the pain will finally go away among other things.

Sorry to pour cold water. My learning process is far from complete and I'm still very weak.

2012/8/31 6:12Profile
ET101

Re:

Your authenticity is very refreshing to me. You sound like someone with very deep battle wounds which - the pain notwithstanding - sometimes/often? makes for very authentic people. Under different circumstances (not least geographic ones), I'm sure I would love to sit with you with a cup of coffee and hear what you're thinking and learning from God. . .

I'm in somewhat similar process. . .I'm working through very deep pains that seem to attract daily attacks. . .just last night I was praying 'Lord, I'm tired of Christianity' :-) just before I recognised a demonic attack and call to battle in faith and that these struggles are the processes of the of making of sons and daughters of God.

I think in my case, it's also a season for addressing emotional and other issues so they don't lead to catastrophic failure later on in life and ministry.

So, it's wonderful to be in the company of battling non-arrived sojourners in Christ.

2012/8/31 7:19Profile
ET101

Re:

. . .and PS. . .

How's this for a thought to meditate on, build supporting scriptural backing for, and reflect on daily: God is for me.

I've just started this for myself. . .

2012/8/31 7:33Profile
learn

Re:

THank you ET101, more than you ever know. Yes, I would love to have a cup of coffee if only we were near to each other (although I think you are probably in the USA).

Yes, the pain is very very deep. It was never my pain before the spiritual attacks, the bad thing is the pain has been internalised to become my pain now. In addition, the devil cranks it up at times and at will--and it doesn't even care if I'm sleeping. I can wake up to this pain anytime.

THis is something that only God and I can work it out. He will not have it any other way.

Its good that you are starting the scriptural stuff. I need to figure out on whether we can fall away from Him first as I'm very weak--so I need to be more assured in this area. After that, I'm going to delve into 'My Father's love'. I need to learn to serve Him out of love instead of fear or a broken heart. Plus some other things that I need to do but am afraid of now especially after this spiritual warfare.

I will keep you in my prayers and if you are led, may you do the same for me.

Your sister in Christ,
Geraldine

2012/8/31 8:10Profile
learn

Re:

Just want to add 1 more thing I'm beginning to learn.

My Father's love :)

2012/9/1 1:05Profile
ET101

Re:

Sure, I will be praying for you. I have you on my prayer list.

It sounds like you have wisdom for working your way out of the battle with God. I believe I have that wisdom too. So really, it's just a matter of time to freedom and wholeness.

A thing to keep in mind as well though is that battles will not go away till the very end. So the better we get at spiritual warfare (understanding the enemy's ways, fighting in faith, building defences, preempting future attacks by building discipline and fellowship in Christ today, avoiding compromising situations/people etc) the better we are at standing strong in Christ in order to serve Him.

Thank you for your prayers too.

2012/9/1 2:44Profile
learn

Re:

Thank you ET101 for your prayers.

Wisdom--actually no. Shamefaced. The list of things I've learned was actually 'gotten' from various sisters and brothers, notably EverestoSama. I like Jimp's advise too. God used these people to help me in this battle. To them, I owe them my heartfelt thanks. Also, thanks to those that have prayed and encouraged me along the way, especially Jesus-is-God. To the others, you know who you are :)

I don't like spiritual warfare. Hate it. My heart was the battleground between Satan and God and at times I felt like Job (except Job was righteous and I was not).

You are right in your advise. You are way wiser, although in years, very likely I'm way older than you.

God bless you, ET101 in all areas of your life, be it ministry or personal.

2012/9/1 7:05Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy