SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Thanking God for the trials. . .

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
ET101

Thanking God for the trials. . .

I know this section is for prayer requests and thanking God for answers - yet, is there anyone who wants to thank Him for the trial because it has become so evident to you why He permitted it?

Any testimonies of people who've gone through 'hell' and would do it all over again for His glory and for the purposes it achieved?

2012/8/30 3:00Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re: Thanking God for the trials. . .

I am going through a trial that I just don't understand, but I thank the Lord for being the center that holds me together. I really don't know why I am on this path but I thank God everything day that He is with me on it. :)

Should the Lord reveal the reason behind it then I will gladly praise Him for that as well but until then I rest in the unknown but Knowledge that He is the boss! :)

2012/8/30 5:54Profile

Re:

Romans 8:28
"And we KNOW that ALL things work together for the good of them that love God, and are the called according to HIS purpose."

I think of so many things when going through trials. Joseph enduring his brothers sold into slavery and thrown into prison falsely by Potiphar, but God working it all out for His glory.

I think of persecuted believers worldwide who were persecuted, humiliated, abused, tortured, and even killed, but God used their steady Spirit throughout to endure which led to the conversion of many, even those who tortured and killed them before.

I think of Corrie Ten Boom at Aushowitz, talking to her sister about being thankful in all things, and Corrie struggling with it at first and saying, "I'm trying to thank God for the lice!" Then later finding out that the guards would not come in "the lice pit", so they were the very thing which God used to make a way for them to be able to read/study the Word of God without the guards knowing.

God is looking for how we react in trials and uses them to grow our spiritual maturity, to increase our faith, to increase our dependence upon Him and lessen our dependence on ourselves. He uses them to crush out remaining pride, and bring forth a savory aroma of humility only He can develop in us. They are God's handiwork. We must knowthatnHe loves us and that He is totally Soveriegn over everything that happens to us, so He is trying to tell us something and/or work something in us through the trial. Our job is to be faithful through it, to yield to His hand come what may, and to trust in faith that He will see us through.

"Think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as Hugh some strange thing were happening to you, but rejoice that you partake in Christ's sufferings, that you may also partake in his joy, when His Glory is revealed."
I Peter 4:12-13

"Shall anything separate us from the love of Christ? Shall persecution, distress, nakedness, famine, peril, or sword............nay, we are more than conquerers through Him that loved us......I'm convinced,......that nothing shall separate us from the love of God that's in Christ Jesus, our Lord."
Romans 8:35-39

2012/8/30 8:29
learn

I just went through one (my first spiritual attack) and I really hope it has ended as another one (though not spiritual could be just around the corner--well, we'll see).

I can't say I know the full extent of its purpose. But my faith certainly did grow (although I know it still has a long way to go) among other things. Along the way I picked up battle scars.

What it did show me especially today was my Father's love for me. I was tired and asked for strength. Well, guess what, I was literally running around the next 1 hr doing things much faster than was possible and was not a mite tired.

Isaiah 40:31
But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

post edited

2012/8/30 10:48Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

I agree learn, while I don't understand my trail fully I do see where I have grown from it and praise the Lord for the strength and opportunity to grow in Him.

2012/8/30 13:36Profile
learn

Re:

[by mguldner on 2012/8/30 10:36:45
I agree learn, while I don't understand my trail fully I do see where I have grown from it and praise the Lord for the strength and opportunity to grow in Him.]

Mguldner,
You are way better than me. Bless you brother.

2012/8/30 13:53Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Blessed for sure, better I don't think so. I was blessed with Godly counsel and a good praying church and community that kept me focused on the positives, no matter how few. I pretty well saw first hand why Christ desires us to have fellowship with one another.

2012/8/30 14:13Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

You asked for testimonies for people who have gone through 'hell' and for the lessons learned there....I just recently had one although it would not qualify as going through 'hell', it was unnerving at the moment.

Recently I had an experience that was unpleasant. I was stunned, speechless. However, it did not take me long to understand why the LORD allowed this to happen. There is another issue I have been grappling with, wondering what I should do when something happens. Now this experience taught me a powerful lesson.

The lesson? I was thinking of being yoked up with another and this experience taught me it would be an unequal one. If I were to do so, there would be nothing but serious conflict because our guiding principles differs.

Not all lessons are so easily learned so quickly, but this was an exception. I told my husband I am so thankful for this experience, so glad...:-)

2012/8/30 15:38Profile
lindi1208

Re: Thanking God for trials!

Dear brother

ET good thread that most certainly glorifies Jesus! I want to thank Him and praise Him for His love, faithfulness, grace, mercy and strength that He has revealed in my life through the trials I am facing!

I have two trials that I have been going through one for the past four years and one for three! Though I don't quite understand why He has allowed both to happen alongside each other I have learnt what it means to abide in Him!

I draw my strength from Him moment by moment because I am weak and weary! When I stumble and fall He shows His faithfulness by picking me up and cleansing me from all unrighteousness! I see how much He loves me and will never give up on me! All I see everyday is my own weakness and desperate need for Him most of all His grace and mercy!

So yes I will praise the Most High! You are the Alpha and Omega the First and Last, the Beggining and the End, The Great I AM, King of Kings and Lord of Lords! You alone are worthy to praised! Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!

2012/8/30 16:46Profile
learn

Re:

Some things that I've learned/what I've become

1) A person of prayer--pray without ceasing. Didn't Smith Wigglesworth said something like this "I rarely pray for more than 15 minutes but 15 minutes does not go by without me saying a prayer"

2) Beginning stages of learning to wrestle with God on "the joy of the Lord is my strength" and maybe 1 or 2 other things.

3) Learned that "if it turns you away from God, its the devil" but "if it turns you to God, then its the Holy Spirit"

4) If it condemns you, its the devil. If it convicts you and gives you hope, its the Holy Spirit

5) If you cannot control it, then its not from God because the fruit of the spirit can be controlled.
1 Corinthians 14:32
The spirits of prophets are subject to the control of prophets

6) The devil can use scriptures/godly things. Oh, you have no idea how sneaky it is and it starts way long before you even realise it :(

7) The importance of the word (bible)

8) And some other things :)

2012/8/30 19:41Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy