SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : 'Extravagant Lifestyles' of Mega-Pastors to Be Exposed by Richard Dawkins Foundation

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
PQ

Europe

Re: 'Extravagant Lifestyles' of Mega-Pastors to Be Exposed by Richard Dawki

Reading some of the comments... my question is do we know who richard dawkins is? Any work coming from him is a dead-work and should be condemned!

pq*

2012/8/28 14:17Profile
SkepticGuy

Re:

then the question must be asked of you PQ: what are u doing as a christian to expose the evil works of these preachers? if u do nothing then God will use a athiest. why condemn a man for exposing truth? ur statement is nonsensical. God has used nonchristians all through history. if ur doctor diagnosis an illness in u and prescribes a healing method and u feel better, do u condemn him too becuz he is not a christian like u?

2012/8/28 14:27Profile
SkepticGuy

Re:

there r sum people on this board that are quick to call down the fire on every1. its a good thing jesus was not like sum people here.

2012/8/28 14:34Profile
PQ

Europe

Re:

Sir, you claim to be a SkepticGuy, so i understand where you are coming from.

These are people who are working day and night to do anything to discredit the Christian faith. Keep your personal opinion, yet i choose to keep mine. And i see this as an attack on the Church of our LORD Jesus Christ.
And for your information, GOD ALMIGHTY does not need a richard dawkins foundation to do anything for Him.

The HOLY SPIRIT is still the Most Important Person on Earth.

pq*

2012/8/28 14:53Profile
IssacharSon

Southeast USA

Re:

Thanks, PQ for bringing this to our attention.

This is something which has worried me for a long time and has caused a lot of folks to distrust the church. These Balaam preachers hurt the Body of Christ more severely, as they attempt to attack from within.

For example, when my dad was alive, he knew of a man who had a long, successfully lucrative career as an attorney. Yet, my dad continued to get complaints from this attorney's former clients about their cases and settlements coming up fiscally short. Dad stopped referring clients to this attorney and became suspicious of the integrity of his practices.

Well, recently, a couple years after my dad passed away, I came across a report in the State Attorney's Weekly Journal which publicizes attorneys who have been brought before the Bar Association for disciplinary action.

This very same attorney, had a case pending to be disbarred after an investigation launched by written complaint to the Bar by one of his clients. The investigation found that this attorney, over the past 25 years of his practice, has/had embezzled hundreds of thousands of dollars from clients by transferring money from client escrow accounts into his own personal funds.

Hallelujah, for he was caught! Yet saints, this same crooked attorney almost immediately changed professions and is now the "Pastor" of a small church in a small county in Virginia!!!

Whaa! How in the world? None of his "followers" know about his disbarment for embezzlement, as he is pastoring a church in a very small town, with a high elderly population and low socio-economic status. He resides, however, in Richmond, VA. in a 4,000 sq. foot home, his wife (or the "First Lady", that is) drives a late model Jaguar, he drives a huge SUV, and they've got two children who have just graduated from Ivy League colleges (Harvard and...uh...the one President Obama graduated from).

He is one of those mega preachers in his own mind. Yet, his whole lifestyle up to this point has been funded by two decades of willful robbery and theft from vulnerable clients seeking just restitution for various losses. His clients have lost homes, maxed out retirement funds, and unwittingly paid for many of this attorney's investments, profits and assets over the span of his career.

How many people will now suffer who put faith in this criminal who now disguises himself as a man of God? Unbelievable, saints. Oh, if there were only a way in which more of these Balaam's could be exposed to the populace! They lurk through and damage the faith communities on a local level as much as they do in the "mega churches".

This is why I love SI's support of house church communities. Some communities are so desperate for a local church (such as the one in which this disbarred, thieving attorney pastors), that they will neglect to do the proper vetting of pastoral candidates and like the Israelites hastened Samuel against God's will, end up with a Saul in the pulpit instead of waiting for a David.

House churches allow for a community of faith to grow naturally in close relationship and intimacy so that if it is the Lord's will for the house church to grow beyond the residence, and a local church is planted, then entrusted leaders can be called upon from the very same household of believers whom have developed a history of worship together. Then you won't find these irksome situations whereby, a highly credentialed stranger is hired to pastor a church in a community which he knows nothing about, nor has developed a relationship with, because he and his family reside 50 to 100 miles outside of the community in some leafy lane lap of luxury. Their plan is to use religion to maintain their worldly lifestyle by sucking the local church community dry of all of its resources to secure their own wealth and future.

This happens way too much, saints. It is nauseating. In the case of it being Richard Dawkins who sheds the spotlight on this atrocity, I say, let the enemy expose the enemy. Though the sins of the false mega church wreak far more havoc, confusion, and evil in this world than 100 Richard Dawkins could accomplish.

Love-in-Christ,

KP

2012/8/28 15:05Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Just FYI, for some of the new kids on the block, this 'Extravagant Lifestyle' of "ANY" Pastors did not just fall out of the sky last night. I use to attend a little neighborhood Baptist Church back in the 50's and early 60's, that the Church built the Pastor the only brick home in the neighborhood and he drove the only Cadillac within miles. This has been going on forever, it's just now with the internet it's exposed more, just like everything else.

2012/8/28 15:29Profile
SkepticGuy

Re:

Quote:
Sir, you claim to be a SkepticGuy, so i understand where you are coming from.

its just a name i came up with. u need not read too much into it. i am here to observe, learn and experience. i have learned a lot and observed a lot. when possible i like to make people think a little deeper as well as myself. :-)

2012/8/28 15:32Profile
PQ

Europe

Re:

Matthew 13:24 - Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:

Matthew 13:25 - But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.

Matthew 13:26 - But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.

Matthew 13:27 - So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?

Matthew 13:28 - He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?

Matthew 13:29 - But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.

Matthew 13:30 - Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

2012/8/28 15:47Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

KP,

Since you are knowledgeable of this attorney-turned-pastor's criminal background do you not feel an obligation to confront or expose?

It would upset me if I would have personal knowledge of such a crafty person occupying a pulpit somewhere - I would feel compelled to confront someone somewhere.

My opinion.

2012/8/28 17:09Profile
dottiejean

Pacific NW

Re: 'Extravagant Lifestyles' of Mega-Pastors to Be Exposed by Richard Dawki

The religious charlatans are being exposed?

YAY !!!!!!!!!!

I have prayed for this for a long time and prayed that members of the church would wake up to these wolves in sheep's clothing. They are masterful in their deceit. It's way past time for the Body to stop being so naive.

I have often been lamblasted by church members who like to say that I'm being critical and judgmental when I talk of these religious "leaders." But I try to graciously remind them that God REQUIRES....Yes, requires that we have DISCERNMENT. To have discernment is different than being critical. Jesus has told all of us thru Scripture that there would be MANY DECEPTIONS. If we ignore that grave warning, we are ignoring a WORD FROM HEAVEN to our own peril.

I pray that all of them will be exposed for what they are...and that folks who have naively been caught up in these lies will flee the churches/pastors they have supported. God save us from these treacherous and unworthy specimens that think of themselves as leaders.

2012/8/28 19:29Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy