SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : 'Extravagant Lifestyles' of Mega-Pastors to Be Exposed by Richard Dawkins Foundation

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 'Extravagant Lifestyles' of Mega-Pastors to Be Exposed by Richard Dawkins Foundation

The Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science is working on a new project that members claim will expose America's "religio-industrial complex," and highlight the tax perks and privileges enjoyed by megachurch pastors and preachers of the prosperity gospel.

"The most important first step is cataloging the extravagant lifestyles of some clergy for an audience that includes the religious and non-religious alike. Many religious people find the extravagant lifestyles of some religious figures offensive," Sean Faircloth, the foundation's Director of Strategy & Policy, shared with The Christian Post about the idea behind the report.

While Faircloth could not say when the report would be completed, he added in his emailed statement that the main purpose and goal of the effort was to push for "equal treatment under the law, so that no religious bias in American law exists, including in tax policies (e.g. the parsonage exemption which benefits numerous well-off clergy)."

Read more at http://global.christianpost.com/news/extravagant-lifestyles-of-mega-pastors-to-be-exposed-by-richard-dawkins-foundation-80709/#kfCTHh2X0ythM66Z.99

2012/8/28 12:15Profile

Re: 'Extravagant Lifestyles' of Mega-Pastors to Be Exposed by Richard Dawki

The worthless shepherds have had it coming for a while. I'm surprised it hasn't come sooner honestly.

Now the Godly will reap the consequences with the ungodly who instigated it.

2012/8/28 12:38
MrBillPro

Texas

I do agree that there should be a watchdog, and there are already many watchdogs out there that have had no deterrent to this issue. I would also hope and Pray that they dig deeper into this, to find out if the 'Extravagant Lifestyles' are paid for by the church, or if they are pay for by tapes,books,DVDs etc. I know a few Pastors that don't even get their salary's from the church anymore, like I said a "few", very few.

2012/8/28 12:43Profile
SkepticGuy

Re:

Quote:
Now the Godly will reap the consequences with the ungodly who instigated it.

i would not consider those kinds of preachers to be "godly" if thats what you meant. fact is if christians would investigate this stuff instead of just letting it happpen then the "ungodly" would not have to do there job for them. isnt there sumthing in the good book that says judgement begins in the house of the lord? i think the christian community at large is responsible for allowing this to go on, just like with pedofile priests. physician; heal thyself.

2012/8/28 12:57Profile

Re:

Granted these pastors need to be exposed. They will be held accountable to God. But does Richard Dawkins have te guts to take on the persecuted church. I would challenge him to go to N. Korea, Eritrea, or Iran and see how true believers live out the reality of Christ.

My guess is he lacks the courage to see how the persecuted live out tbeir faith in Christ as unto death. Far easier to sit behind a keyboard and call Christians fools. But then God can save even athiest. If not these mega church pastors.

Just my thoughts.

Bearmaster.

2012/8/28 13:04
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
by bearmaster
Granted these pastors need to be exposed. They will be held accountable to God. But does Richard Dawkins have te guts to take on the persecuted church. I would challenge him to go to N. Korea, Eritrea, or Iran and see how true believers live out the reality of Christ.

My guess is he lacks the courage to see how the persecuted live out tbeir faith in Christ as unto death. Far easier to sit behind a keyboard and call Christians fools. But then God can save even athiest. If not these mega church pastors.

Just my thoughts.

Bearmaster.

Ding, ding, ding, ding, we agree on something! Praise the Lord! :)

2012/8/28 13:07Profile
SkepticGuy

Re:

Quote:

Just my thoughts.

Bearmaster.

if u had taken the time to read the article u would see that the people spearheading this investigation readily admit that many religious folks find the lifestyle these preachers are living to be highly offensive. they are not coming after average joe christians, and they said nothing about persecuted christians in north korea. i will say this again: if christians would police themselves and confront and expose people who do what some of these preachers do then there would be no need for nonchristians to do the dirty work. i see this as a positive step to cleaning things up and maybe putting a positive light on christianity. mr bear, why must u always see the negative in everything? i have always been told that it is a joyful thing to be a christian and that christians have joy joy joy joy down in there hearts. is this true?

2012/8/28 13:26Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

While the motives of these individuals is skewed by a preordained agenda, I have to say that I would welcome their exposure of such men. If these individuals have nothing to hide, they have nothing to fear. If these pastors are living "high on the hog" (to borrow from an old southern idiom), then they might be embarrassed when such a lifestyle is exposed.

Of course, I think that some of them might defend their lifestyles by claiming that they are "workmen worthy of their hire."

2012/8/28 13:40Profile

Re:

Quote:
i would not consider those kinds of preachers to be "godly" if thats what you meant.

No, I don't mean those money preachers are Godly. They're the ungodly instigators. Now real pastors with integrity will be viewed as the same as these charlatans. That's what I meant. Sorry if I was unclear.

2012/8/28 13:40
SkepticGuy

Re:

yes i understand what u mean now. thank u for clearing that up for me.

2012/8/28 13:57Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy