SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Southern Decadence - Large gay event in N.O. and ISAAC are scheduled for the same day.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
If they have no clue what is truth, it is because THE CHURCH is sending them such a mixed message.

Indeed they are Brother.

Thank you for your testimony brother. To be honest, when I was reading your post it was if you were telling my story. Almost word for word the same thing, at the same age etc etc.. Amazing how our lives are almost the same in that regard. The only difference is that you were able to get married. Praise the Lord.

From my experience the Church has done a lot of damage in portraying God as a God of hate to homosexuals. This may sound very odd to you since reading your last post but there is way too much condemnation going on in regards to this particular sin. Judgment is always good and I welcome it, but we condemn both the homosexual and his sin and that is wrong. If the Church is sick how in the world are we to minister love to others properly? We can't, all we know how to do is quote the letter that kills. I know Christians that struggle so long with this, they got married to escape the feelings and the strong emotions only to fall back into the filth that God brought them out of. I feel for these people. I know of the power and the persuasion of this old nature. Would to God that it was anything else but sexual, because the drive is overwhelming. This is why I say that we shouldn't be so quick to condemn someone, with understanding and compassion we need to save our brother, not push him down further. He is looking for answers, not the same old rhetoric that he has heard all his life, "Read your bible and pray".

You said it so well, there are demons that have been assigned and are at work and need to be cast out. It's not enough just to read your bible and pray, but Jesus said, "this kind cometh not forth but by prayer and fasting."

I hate the saying, "God loves the sinner but He hates the sin". For years I believed God hated me period because I looked at myself and my sin as one in the same thing. I couldn't change who I was, I am a sinner yet my sin is also what defines me, therefore God hated me. When I realized that my sin was not what defined me and my new identity was Christ I was able to shake that off, but how many people think the same way? This is why I refuse to condemn homosexuality to homosexuals. But I am willing to be made willing to be open to the Spirit of God if He so desires to speak through me His word and if they come forth as judgment than so be it. I cannot disobey Him or I'll be in trouble with Him and I've been there and done that and it's a pretty scary place to be when you disobey the Lord.

I have to love brother, it's the only way that I know to walk. Every time that I condemn,, I end up doing the very thing that I condemn others for doing. I take that queue to mean that God doesn't want me to judge that way. I think He wants me to walk in love. Not a wishy washy type love, not at all.

Besides you brother, I am now marked as "one of them". The stigma of homosexuality whether you've been saved from it will always be marked as "one of them". I remember years ago when my Pastor was ready to take me under his wing to train me in the ministry, it circulated around the church about my past. I loved my Pastor but I believe he was in error when he told me that it wouldn't look good in the public eye. He didn't say it, but as far as he was concerned I was still a homosexual. I refused to hate him, I continued respecting him and had a deep respect for him and his ministry for he was a good man of God though he had a few flaws.

Good Night

2012/8/31 23:29

Re:

With the unsaved, Love and gentleness 'is' the best way but I only wanted to say that, there are degrees of sin.

If someone is hurting others - as in children or non-concenting adults, as in rape or any other means of hurting a living creature - even the hurting of animals - now that's when I wouldn't be so gentle.

I hadn't opened this thread since it was posted until just now and I believe He led me to.

Thank you Brothers for your testimonies.

Approved, your Pastor was Biblically illiterate, though you saw him as "a good man" ... which is nice of you but Biblically illiterates shouldn't be pastoring/leading the Sheep. And many Christians are Biblically illiterate. GOD have mercy on them.

Well, I mainly wanted to say that I can't deal with all sinners the same in that, if they're hurting living beings, they're in a whole other category.

I'm grateful that you Brothers spoke up. There are people seeking help and some feel that they're beyond help and should never feel that way. Jesus does love the world and died for the world and they need to know it - even if they're on death row or death's door - they need to cry out to Him for help and I would never want anyone to think that He's unwilling to help them get free.

I suppose I just need prayer over facing off with people that hurt other living beings - humans or animals.
Yup, I really do need prayer in that one particular area. Thank you, if you'd pray for me about this.

GOD Bless you.

2012/9/1 0:10
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

Approved said: "Besides you brother, I am now marked as "one of them"."

I realize the sad reality of what you are saying, because I know how people are. The sadder reality is that any "Christian" who would mark someone that way because of their testimony, doesn't really know the resurrection power of God, and if they don't come to know His resurrection power they will not go to heaven.

Alcoholics Anonymous teaches people to say that they are a recovering alcoholic ... but always for the rest of their lives, an alcoholic. I am NOT a "recovering homosexual". I am a NEW creature in Christ.

2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

I liked what you said: "When I realized that my sin was not what defined me and my new identity was Christ I was able to shake that off"

I'd like to even take it a step further ... "When I realized that my sin was GONE, I realized that I was a new creature!"

Psa 103:12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

Most of the theology that I hear from modern "Christianity" doesn't present victorious deliverance from sin ... just a rehab mentality toward our old nature. The old man can't be rehabilitated. It has to die! Jesus paid the awful cost to mortify our old man and to resurrect us to a new man:

Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Rom 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Later, I learned when thoughts came to my brain to not accept the guilt for them but to RECOGNIZE who gave them to me and rebuke him in the name of Jesus! When the devil would come trying to wake up the dead man ... I've even told him: "that old man is dead! Get out of here in the name of Jesus!" After a while, he "departs for a season" and the seasons get longer and farther apart, the more you assure him that you know that the old man is dead and you are a new creature!

A few years ago, God gave me a song regarding the struggle that I went through when I was younger. I've never sang it to anyone but myself, but here are the words, in case they can be a help to someone:

As a little boy growing up,
I played with dolls and girly stuff.
My parents had no clue
Of what my mind was going through.
But there were things I could not hide
To act like a boy I really tried.
“Why didn't you make me a girl?”
To God I sincerely cried,

But He said:
I made you a man,
And for your life that's my plan
In spite of all your confusion,
Look to me and take a stand.

As I grew older it got worse,
An older boy made a scar that hurt.
He called it “having fun”
But on my life he put a curse.
At that young age my mind was warped
Inside my heart was a constant war.
Attraction for “the same as me”
Was enticing me insanely,

But God said:
I made you a man,
And for your life that's my plan
Look to me and take a stand.

Thank God He saved me,
He saved my soul,
But my mind was a battle out of control
“Lord I want to think like a man,
But I'm wondering if I can”
And then I looked at a rugged cross.
He said: “boy I've paid it. I've paid the cost.
You're delivered, you're set free,
and now you can think like Me”.

I made you a man, and for your life that's my plan,
My way is the perfect way!
I didn't make you to turn out gay!
When the devil tells you different,
Tell him here's what God has to say:

I made you a man, and for your life that's my plan,
There's victory over confusion.
Look to Me and take a stand
as a MAN!

2012/9/1 1:02Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

Thanks, Jesus-is-GOD.

I realize what you are saying when you say:

"With the unsaved, Love and gentleness 'is' the best way but I only wanted to say that, there are degrees of sin.

If someone is hurting others - as in children or non-concenting adults, as in rape or any other means of hurting a living creature - even the hurting of animals - now that's when I wouldn't be so gentle."

My normal general manner with the unsaved is kindness, as Jesus showed; however, if someone is carrying their iniquity under a guise of goodness ... a mixture of cold and hot ... I have to start defining things (as Jesus did).

Our society teaches us to accept all people as they are as good fellow human beings because none of us are perfect. The Bible teaches us to accept all people as deplorable wretched, rotten horrible human beings whose only hope is to be redeemed. The humanistic mindset has to be defeated if repentance can take place.

2012/9/1 1:27Profile

"Lorddoitaagain" and "approved"

Dear brothers,

i just want to tell you this, two things, first, as a father to a son loved beyond measure, and protected in my human strength like a lion, my heart is torn thinking that either one of you, had to go thru what you did as children fills me with a Godly fury.

secondly, with Jesus' Love, in my heart, i love you both as brothers.....and hear me, you are never....NEVER "less thans" in the Assembly of those Blood Bought by Jesus....you know this, in God the Holy Ghost....my prayer is that He fan the Flame of Faith in your heart into a Blaze, and bring you shalom peace and comfort...forever.

love, neil

2012/9/1 7:14
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Approved,

I hear what you are saying brother about loving the sinner, and homosexuals know if you truly love them or not. They will not open themseleves up to anyone but those that they know love and care about them.

Speaking the truth in love is the only way that the homosexual is going to be set free, and this is as the Spirit leads. The problem with many Christians and churches is the extremes that they find themselves in. On one hand there are some churches that do teach not only hating the sin but hating the sinner also. On the other end of the spectrum there are churches and Christians that tolearte the sin, and never speak the truth to the one that is in bondage. The stronghold of lies that has been weaved by the enemy in the fabric of every homosexual's life must be pulled down and destroyed by speaking the truth. Only the gospel of Jesus Christ will set the captives free. This is a wonderful gospel, because it not only provides for forgiveness of sin, but also total deliverance from the bondage of sin.

I want to thank you brothers for having the courage to share your testimonies. God has made us new creations in Christ Jesus. The old things have passed away and all things have become new. The old fleshly nature has been crucified with Christ, and now it is no longer I that lives, but Christ lives in me. That fact is what the Holy Spirit is wanting to work out in our lives.

Mike

2012/9/1 8:01Profile

Re:

POWERFUL POWERFUL SONG BROTHER.

For me though, I cannot relate to the first few lines. These would be my words.

When I was little growing up,
I played with toys like all the boys.
My parents had no clue
Of what I was about to go through.
But there were things I could not hide
To act normal I really tried.
“Why did you allow this to happen?”
To God I sincerely cried.

I hope you had this song copyrighted, it should be sung. VERY POWERFUL.

2012/9/1 9:18
learn

Re:

[by Lordoitagain
I later came to the conclusion and realization that there had been a demon (at least one but probably many more) assigned to from the time I was born with the purpose of destroying what God wanted to do in my life. That is exactly what my wife said to me when I explained all of those struggles to her before we were married.

Can anyone besides Lordoitagain verify this. I can't think of any scriptures on this. Your post here reminds me of something. Thanks.

Lordoitagain,
It was very brave for you to share your testimony. Same goes to Approved.

2012/9/1 9:48Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

learn, are you talking about Michael's reference to demon possession?

A little background perhaps may be in order in what I am about to share.

Our pastor used to say this and he still would... In the marriage relationship there is a spiritual dimension that is not fully understood. We know it is there and it operational. It is what binds a couple together. Sexual intercourse will facilitate this event - it is this act where a couple becomes 'one'.

It is also known that when one has sex with a person who is possessed with demons this act will work to transfer demons to the other partner. I had a client whose boyfriend was into the occult, etc...she did not like what he was into but still 'she was with him'. This female carried with her an awful odor - she stank so bad that this odor lingered after she left the building. We did not know the source of it until later we learned that demons sometimes emit a terrible odor.

My point is that since sex involves a spiritual dimension it is not unreasonable at all to believe that its perversion is demonic which is why it is impossible to shake this sin on willpower alone.

No, I have no scriptures to prove what I wrote, but I do know sexual sin is so bad the WORD tells us to "not let it once be named among you." (Eph 5:3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints) While all sin is horrible, no other sin has been singled out like this in its denouncement.

My understanding...

2012/9/1 10:10Profile
learn

Re:

[by ginnyrose on 2012/9/1 7:10:59
learn, are you talking about Michael's reference to demon possession?]

Ginnyrose,
Thks for sharing. I don't think Michael (Lordoitagain) was demon possesed. I think the demons were just around him when he was young? And I suspect God was with him also at the same time (before and after 11 yrs old) although he was not saved yet before 11 years old?

Lordoitagain, can you clarify your childhood? Thks

post reedited for clarity

2012/9/1 10:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy