SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Southern Decadence - Large gay event in N.O. and ISAAC are scheduled for the same day.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread
SkepticGuy

Re:

mr bear, just becuz sum1 has a different perspective than u on things duz not mean they dont believe in god or love jesus. if that were the case u would be the only real christian on this website and every1 else is going 2 hell. is it any wonder there are so many denominations? not really. and each denomination thinks they have the keys to heaven and all others are hellbound. it would do u good mr. bear 2 break loose of ur medieval ways of thinking. how can u learn anything if u have to be right all the time? i appreciate u wanting 2 save me. jesus has already done the job. if u desire to show people god then i would like to make the friendly suggestion that u tone down ur approach. u remind me of street preachers i see in waikiki who turn people off and invite criticism by their words and actions, and when they get it they cry presecution. not judging u. just offering sum friendly advice.

2012/8/30 11:45Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

"no1 has said god doesnt speak through weather or meat out justice through storms. i think sum r saying we should not play the prophet and speak for god. and just becuz sum1 doesnt see eye to eye on sumthing does not give sum1 the right to call sum1 else ignorant. thats 1 of the things i hate about christians. lack of dialogue. just call names and right people off. why can there not be civil discourse? isnt there sumthin in the good book about drawing more flies with honey? (niv) proverbs 15:1 A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger."

Sir, before you comment any further on this issue, I would beg of you to study the scriptures beginning at Genesis 1 and read all the way through to Revelation. Do not read any other theological, philosophical works. But do ask the LORD to show you what He wants you to know.

Please do so, and start now.

ginnyrose

2012/8/30 12:14Profile

Re:

You know, God loves this.

Certainly, He is HOLY, RIGHTEOUS and GOOD. And this act that is done is degrading, deploring, filthy and disgusting. Having said all that God still loves to be around this mess.

If Jesus were here would He have gone to this Southern Decadence?

YES He would. He wouldn't even judge anyone. He would go with so much mercy that He would have gone right to the core of the issue, the need for God. He would have so much love for homosexuals that from all over they would be drawn to this love, why? Because it's love they seek and they seek it in all the wrong places. They would swarm around Jesus.

Did you know that when Christ judges He doesn't condemn like we do?

When we judge even in this forum, it's laced with condemnation. Why? Because we have not known the Father and we have not been with Him long enough to realize that God first and foremost loves people.

Even with all our desire to serve God and to uphold His word, even with all that we can do more damage than good simply because we do not love properly ourselves.

When it says to love the Lord our God with all our heart and love our neighbour as ourselves, the love that He is talking about there is not the same love that we have for a wife or a brother, that love is a selfish love. The love that Jesus was talking about is the Love that is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost, that Love is God's love. It's a sacrificial love, that love does not seek it's own, it's not puffed up. It's that love that can love God properly.

Christ had this Agape love. He saw all the decadence of His day. They practised homosexuality in those days too, it was under Roman occupation and the Romans were famous for their decadence. Christ would have seen all manner of filthy and lewd behaviour for He was in the middle of the French Quarter of His day.

Jerusalem was without a Urim or Thummin, there was no prophet, no light, no word from God for a space of 400 years (probably a half an hour of God's time). But if you didn't have God's light for that period of time, the people would have gotten themselves in all sorts of trouble. All kinds of systems of "light" were established and people looked to these sages thinking they had truth when God wasn't handing any out to them, so they believed whatever was handed to them even though what they were hearing had no truth in it. That is why when Jesus came and spoke, He spoke with authority and not as the Pharisees. This awakened something within them, light was speaking darkness into their souls and faith was igniting, something that the Pharisees could not reproduce.

This is what we need in our day and hour, someone who is filled with love and mercy to deliver a message that is not judgmental or filled with condemnation for the soul purpose of igniting faith.

Once faith is ignited, repentance comes naturally. On the day of Pentecost, faith ignited and those Jews that heard Peters message repented, realizing that Jesus was Christ. That was something. Jesus preached for three and a half years and garnered one or two souls that really believed that He was the Son of God and Peter preached a simple message of love and grace and 5000 souls were added in one day. No wonder Jesus wanted to get out of this flesh so He can come back in Spirit, because it's not by might, nor by power but it's by my Spirit saith the Lord.

We need to get this kind of love folks. Yes, it is true, sometimes the message of the gospel is given in other ways and not through the love of God, but as Paul said, regardless of this, Christ is preached. The results of those people coming through that though is never a happy life. They trudge through life wondering if God loves them or not.

I want to love the homosexual with this Agape love. I don't want to quote scripture to condemn, I desire just to ignite his faith and see what God does with him from there.

I remember years ago, a gay man was searching for truth and he told a minister that he knew all the scriptures regarding his sin and he knew that God was against it. But you know what that preacher did? He started spouting off those same scriptures that this man knew about and condemned him further. Afterward the man said, what was the need to quote those scriptures, I told you that I was aware of them, I didn't come to you to be condemned further, I was reaching out for answers. I know I am a sinner, I know I need help, I know I need God, I know that God hates this sin.

Preachers still do this today, it's as if they NEED to do this to satisfy there own ego. As if to say, "Aha, a homosexual filthy sinner, I'll give him the one two, I want to make sure that he really feels bad about his sin."

I fear that the land is filled with this mindset.

2012/8/30 12:20
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

ginnyrose wrote:

"Sir, before you comment any further on this issue, I would beg of you to study the scriptures beginning at Genesis 1 and read all the way through to Revelation. Do not read any other theological, philosophical works. But do ask the LORD to show you what He wants you to know.

Please do so, and start now."

What in the world was in skepticguy's post that you quoted that led you to tell him the read the Bible cover to cover?
It seems very condescending to say the least.

2012/8/30 12:21Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

TMK, let's go farther,I would like to know what has been in any of Skeptic's posts period that has brought on all the judgements towards him? I am thinking it might have something to do with his name, if he is being judged because of his name, it had become a sad day at SI. What gives anyone here the right to judge another over opinions? Don't judge! Or call folks names, unless you have the ability to see the heart from cyberspace. Some here act like SI is some sort of place for a cage match, it's become sickining, for lack of a better word.

2012/8/30 12:59Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

Approved, I hope that you will read the "IS THIS "HATEFUL"?? by Andrew Strom" at this link:

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=46480&forum=34

Jesus' ministry was preceeded by John the Baptist's ministry with a fiery condemning message. Jesus himself continued with the same message:

Mat 23:29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,
Mat 23:30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.
Mat 23:31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
Mat 23:32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.
Mat 23:33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

He was saying this to the religious of his day! The problem modern homosexuality is that it has become a religious movement to ACCEPT it as OK.

If the SCHOOLMASTER is never allowed to do its work, then the love of Christ can NEVER be experienced:

Gál 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
Gál 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

2012/8/30 14:32Profile
SkepticGuy

Re:

approved and mrbillpro get what i have been saying. what would u who are quick to condemn done with the woman caught in adultry? would u have acted like christ?

lorddoitagain, where has any1 on this website indicated that they accept homosexuality as ok? i have not seen it. ur setting up tin soldiers and knocking them down while ignoring the battle raging outside ur door, my friend.

i've been told not to speak anymore by the person who told me to read a bible. i can take a hint. i luv u all! please stay civil w/ea other. christians fighting is uglier than homosexuality could ever be.

peace out.

2012/8/30 14:45Profile

Re:

i hear what skepticguy is saying...he's not trolling, he's just not yes and amening what other posters have to say.

neil

2012/8/30 14:52
MaryJane

Ginnyrose

Ginnyrose

How are you doing? Has the storm done much damage in your area? I have been seeing the flooding in Mississippi as well as Louisiana. I also wanted to check in on those others who live in the area? Been praying for everyone. Hope the storm passes soon and waters recede quickly.

God Bless
mj

2012/8/30 15:01Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
i hear what skepticguy is saying...he's not trolling, he's just not yes and amening what other posters have to say.

neil

Neil, you nailed it! God Bless a brother that can see through the fog, and is not afraid to speak the truth.

2012/8/30 15:20Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy