SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Southern Decadence - Large gay event in N.O. and ISAAC are scheduled for the same day.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

Skeptic, how bad does it have to get before you would assume that such an “act of nature” would be the judgment of God???

If you go to the Southern Decadence “2012 DJ SCHEDULE FOR THE BOURBON PUB / PARADE” page (I don’t suggest going there), you see that the first thing planned for midnight Thursday was a contest of comparing sexual body parts (putting it in laymen’s terms).

Do you not think that our Loving Creator would be interested in stopping such events? In order to stop further corruption of minds and hearts … I believe that Our God loves the souls involved enough to stop their event and stop the further sinking of lives into such a very sad deceptive lifestyle.

If they were planning an event Thursday to bash the heads of babies against hard rocks just for the thrill of it … and God sent a hurricane … would you then realize that it was an act of God’s judgment?

Open, brazen, in God’s face wickedness invites God’s judgment. If God doesn’t send judgment, the spread of evil is worse, and more souls are contaminated and destroyed just like God says:

Ecl 8:11 Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.

God cares enough to stop or deter such an event!

Nah 1:3 The LORD is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked: the LORD hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet.

He is STILL having His way in the whirlwind!

2012/8/29 11:27Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

What about when the Palm Sunday tornados in 1965 wiped out Mennonite areas in northern Indiana- was that God's judgment?

It is not hard to understand. There are always fires, there are always earthquakes, there are always blizzards, there are always hurricanes, there are always tornados, there are always floods.

They are no respecter of persons; they kill the godly and ungodly alike.

2012/8/29 11:45Profile
SkepticGuy

Re:

does it make sense to u that god issued forth wrath upon new orleans 7 years ago in a massive hurricane, and nothing changed there. so god comes back 7 years later and sees that nothing has changed and so he decides to hit them again with a hurricane that is barely more than a tropical storm? that does not make any sense. i do not believe that god wants that sort of behavior to take place. he can stop it if he wants to. i doubt that this storm stopped it since the biggest part of the storm is past now and there was not that much destruction in new orleans. funny thing is that most of the destruction from the storm didnt happen in new orleans, but about 70 to 90 miles from there. people who had nothing to do with whats going on in new orleans this week took the brunt of the destruction. so apparently god missed. whoops.

2012/8/29 11:46Profile
SkepticGuy

Re:

can god use natural disasters to issue wrath? the good book says he did at times. but sometimes nature works the way god designed it to work. hurricanes are part of nature. if there was no natural explanation for hurricanes then it would be reasonable to think that god sent them to punish mankind. but hurricanes have been battering the coastline of the north american continent since the beginning of time. the only difference now is that people choose to live in the path of hurricanes. if every1 moved to nevada then we would have nothing to talk about, unless god is issuing wrath on the alligator population. sum would probably argue for that. sinful crocs. was this hurricane meant to stop the southern dacadence thing? maybe, maybe not. my question is why didnt god try to stop it the past 7 years? see how unreasonable the thinking is?

2012/8/29 11:54Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

Skeptic, TMK,

Do you guys believe the Bible? "the LORD hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm"

Nah 1:3 The LORD is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked: the LORD hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet.

I choose to believe the Bible! Even if the storm hits a Mennonite camp, a Baptist camp, a Pentecostal camp, a Sodomite city ... He is actively working His perfect will in every storm.

Why are we so eager to defend brazen wickedness? When a storm stops a party of evil, and we don't want to believe that God did it (on purpose) we openly brazenly don't believe the Bible (Nahum 1:3)!

2012/8/29 11:59Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, i would like to make you aware that the only undamaged area in katrina was the french quarter, where the gay fest is held.jimp

2012/8/29 12:00Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

Skeptic, you keep talking about "making sense". What DOESN'T make sense is that God hasn't already wiped the USA off the map! We deserve to be HISTORY already for our wickedenss!

When God deters evil a little bit with a storm or other means (like HIV) it is His act of kindness toward wicked men who deserve to be in hell already.

2012/8/29 12:05Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Lordoitagain, I think your getting God mixed up with Government. Only Governments take out or deal out harm to thousands of innocent people when going after a few evil doers. The God I serve, could pin point and take out one ant in a mountain of ants as big as Mt. Everest, from anywhere in the Heavens, without harming another ant,if he wanted. That should provide you with a little prospective. :)

Lordoitagain, why do you keep providing scripture? yes scripture can tell us what God is capable of, and what is to come, but it does not mean every little hiccup in life is Gods wrath.

2012/8/29 12:08Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

The God I serve "hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm" regardless of whether mere mortals believe he does or not.

2012/8/29 12:11Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Mortal...A human being subject to death, that would include you, we all are subject to death, but life after death is what matters most. I think Pat has a job opening. :)

2012/8/29 12:14Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy