SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Southern Decadence - Large gay event in N.O. and ISAAC are scheduled for the same day.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

MrBillPro said:

"We are all wicked, we are all sinners, no closet is totally clean, so remember this when the hurricane is knocking on your door. It's just God doing a work in His great mercy to show His righteous judgments upon wickedness!"

It is precisely that kind of gospel mentality (void of repentance) that is taking this country to the depths of corruption and destruction.

Your statement is contrary to what Paul writes to the Corinthians:

1Co 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
1Co 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
1Co 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Paul says of many different kinds of wicked people (including effeminate and sodomites -v.9) "and such WERE some of you"

We are either WICKED, or we are WASHED (in the blood), SANCTIFIED, and JUSTIFIED.

Mr. BillPro, obviously, you by your own confession are still wicked. I urge you to open the door of your heart to Jesus. Confess to Him your wickedness! He WILL wash you, sanctify you, and justify you, if you sincerely desire him to. His Word states: 1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

When He cleanses, He doesn't do a halfway job leaving some in the closets!!!

Here is the way He explains it in Romans ch. 8:

Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Rom 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
Rom 8:12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
Rom 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

In Galatians He explains it like this: Gál 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

If we are as Paul "crucified with Christ" and Christ is living in us ... He is an excellent house keeper. Before a thought gets the chance to turn into a lust, and conceive and turn into a sin (James 1:14-15), He is there shining the spotlight on it and commanding that it go, and every submissive repentant believer obeys and cooperates with His cleaning and preserving blameless:

1Ts 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1Ts 5:24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

He IS faithful, and He WILL do it! If you haven't ever felt the deep exceeding greatness of ALL sin in your life, and CRIED OUT to God for forgiveness, and abhorred your sin until God worked a work of repentance in you that continues daily in your life ... you can easily join up with the rest of wicked people in claiming that God will not ever really judge and damn a person because of one "little" sin in his life.

Here is a perfect example: http://youtu.be/7XXUfTNCkzc

America's Number One pastor to your type of theology Joel Osteen explains it very well. In the end, he admits here that homosexuality is a sin, but he makes it very clear that gay people will be in heaven. He uses the same tone that you do in discussing it. The mentality of this heresy can be summed up in this: "Because of the fact that God doesn't categorize sin, and no one sin is any bigger than another, if we have somehow 'believed on Jesus' and we are in a process of change, God will let us ALL into heaven ... regardless if we have been cleansed from sin or not"

2012/8/28 23:24Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

jimp said:

"he told us of some of his activities that are too decadent to repeat.he now is delivered and happily married to a woman.praise the Lord."

THANKS FOR SHARING, brother! This is a clear example of what God wants to do with all of the 135,000 who were planning to go to the gay celebration tomorrow. Jesus died for each and every one of them, and it has been my earnest heart-wrenching prayer since the beginning of ISAAC that their bodies would be saved from the hurricane, and their souls would be saved from their sin.

2012/8/28 23:34Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Southern Decadence - Large gay event in N.O. and ISAAC are scheduled for the same

I have been following the weather forecasts on the web closely. The last reports I have heard is that there could be heavy flooding in the area. But will see.

Flooding is nasty. Dirty. Filthy. Muddy. All this filth permeates wherever the water seeps into. You get marine life stuck in tight places in your buildings and when the water recedes they die and stink like something fierce! It would have been better if the buildings had burned or been blown to splinters then to have to deal with a standing building that was flooded.

According to the same reports, this rain could also hurt the corn and cotton crops in Louisiana.

I would be delighted if people would take this as a warning from God and then repent.

All we have had so far in east central MS is a drizzle.

May God bless and may this storm have its desired effect on people wherever they may be.

2012/8/29 0:09Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

Here in North Louisiana, the moon is brightly shining upon the outer edges of the formation as they circle above us like low lying bright patches of cotton. How awesome is our Creator who keeps those tons of water up there until just the right moment when they are to fall to the earth.

Job 38:28 Hath the rain a father? or who hath begotten the drops of dew?
Job 38:29 Out of whose womb came the ice? and the hoary frost of heaven, who hath gendered it?
Job 38:30 The waters are hid as with a stone, and the face of the deep is frozen.
Job 38:31 Canst thou bind the sweet influences of Pleiades, or loose the bands of Orion?
Job 38:32 Canst thou bring forth Mazzaroth in his season? or canst thou guide Arcturus with his sons?
Job 38:33 Knowest thou the ordinances of heaven? canst thou set the dominion thereof in the earth?
Job 38:34 Canst thou lift up thy voice to the clouds, that abundance of waters may cover thee?
Job 38:35 Canst thou send lightnings, that they may go, and say unto thee, Here we are?

2012/8/29 0:53Profile
SkepticGuy

Re:

Quote:
Mr. BillPro, obviously, you by your own confession are still wicked.

and this is helpful becuz?

i talked 2 friends this morning that live near new orleans and there is wind and rain, but they still have power and compared to hurricanes in the past this one is very tame. of course there will be damage, its a hurricane. but mr bill makes some very good points. back in the 50s and 60s before the media hurricanes happened and no one was declaring the wrath of god. hurricane agnes was very destructive across the northeast in 1972. i suppose that if the media that exists now existed back then all of u people would blame the woodstock festival for hurricane agnes.

christians have the ability to be incredibly gullible. amazing for people who claim to be based in truth. all of these prophecies and doomsday sayers are simply falling prey to the hype of the national secular media. sum of u sound like uncivilized man who sacrificed humans to the gods to prevent volcano eruptions and other natural calamities that r just part of nature. they happen. they are designed 2 happen. much of the chatter here is nuthing more then superstition.

many people here are beginning 2 sound like pat robertson. i say look up! rejoice! the drought in the midwest is about to get sum much needed rain. praise the lord and pray for the people on the coast.

2012/8/29 9:02Profile
MaryJane

Re:

skeptic guy wrote:i talked 2 friends this morning that live near new orleans and there is wind and rain, but they still have power and compared to hurricanes in the past this one is very tame.

that is exactly how the storms that came through our area were. Some towns were not touched, they had rain, minor wind, and never lost our power but towns that are not even twenty miles away had terrible damage.

The weather has always amazed me.As you also mention this storm will end up being an answer to many peoples prayers when it begins to rain in drought stricken states further inland. I don't speak for GOD and say this is judgement...but I don't think anything takes GOD by surprise either. Through it all GOD is in control. I just leave it to the LORD and pray. When I lived in Nevada I will admit I was kind of oblivious to really how destructive these storms can be, then when we moved here and I saw first hand the damage and peoples whole lives flipped upside down in a matter of a few hours it just caused me to have a great understanding for what they are going through.

So in this time I pray for those who are HIS to be comforted in HIM and for those who are lost to seek the LORD and repent.

God bless
maryjane

2012/8/29 9:37Profile
SkepticGuy

Re:

glad u are ok maryjane.

we should all pray for those who have sustained damage, not declare judgment on them. those who are busy declaring wrath on people need to load up food water and clothing and head down there and be jesus' hands and feet. want to make a change? stop condemning and start feeding and taking care of those people. they wont listen to a word u say without some kind of action to back it up. self proclaimed keyboard prophets are not needed in a disaster area.

2012/8/29 9:54Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
SkepticGuy....many people here are beginning 2 sound like Pat Robertson.

I would like to say that's funny, but it's not funny, it's TRUE! "BUT" let Pat say something off the wall, and we get a 20 page thread on how looney Pat is.

Quote:
Lordoitagain...Mr. BillPro, obviously, you by your own confession are still wicked.

It's really a sad day when folks have to mix personal attacks with God's word to get their message across, at least make the personal attack in a separate post. You can personalty attack me all day long, they did the same to Jesus, so I am in good company. :)

2012/8/29 10:18Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Pat better watch out, I think some folks here are after his Job. :)

2012/8/29 10:43Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

skepticguy/Mr Bill:

I couldn't agree more with your sentiments on this topic.

2012/8/29 10:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy