SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Southern Decadence - Large gay event in N.O. and ISAAC are scheduled for the same day.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

QUOTE:
" While all sin is horrible, no other sin has been singled out like this in its denouncement."

More on this...

This is NT: "But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints.." Eph 5:3

But did you know that in the OT adulterers, homosexuals, people AND animals involved in bestiality were to be killed? There was no sacrifice one could give to atone for this sin? All other sins could be remedied with a sacrifice, but not this. Something to think about.

OT - the law stipulated the capital punishment. In the NT - God says to not let it ONCE be named among you. But He also says this:

1Co 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

God is very merciful in our dispensation in that he offers forgiveness. In doing so it means one can be delivered from its snare, its bondage.

God is so good...and people are not.

2012/9/1 10:23Profile

Re:

"It is also known that when one has sex with a person who is possessed with demons this act will work to transfer demons to the other partner."

Ginny, if I may, I feel it imperitive to put a caveat on this line.

IF a Christian woman does not know that her husband is possessed - The LORD will protect her. Though The LORD will probably cause the husband to not desire his wife anymore or he'll leave her or somehow, The LORD will protect His Sheep [the Christian spouse] from any "possession".

I felt this needed to be said, lest some women of backslidden husbands have "the Life" scared out of them.

If she knows for a fact that her husband is possessed - she can by right not become intimate anymore. It's like seperation but still in the same home - different rooms or GOD may cause a Seperation.

In these last days, many spouses will backslide, take the mark, etc. and a true believer Needs to have the assurance that they won't become "demon possessed" when or if that's the case.
GOD Protects His Own!

Thanks for your forebearance.
In His Love.

2012/9/1 10:24
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

Thanks Neil! Your post touched my heart. Although I know in Whom I have believed, and I know that I am a new creature in Christ, and it doesn't really matter what anybody else thinks about it … still it is comforting to know that there are others who KNOW that Christ makes all things new.

As far as my childhood, and scripture for the issue of demon(s) following me. … Jesus said:

Luc 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

Captives … comes from this word:

G164
αἰχμαλωτός aichmalōtos aheekh-mal-o-tos'
Fromαἰχμή aichmē (a spear) and a derivative of the same as G259; properly a prisoner of war, that is, (generally) a captive: - captive.

Maybe something like “held at spear point” or (for our understanding) “held at gunpoint”. When you're held at gunpoint, they can tell you “raise your right hand” and you do it … without thinking … “march forward” … you do it without thinking

A prisoner of war … what war? Who is fighting?

Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Here is another one that describes the warfare:

Eph 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
Eph 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
Eph 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

There are different spirits of different types of bondage:

Acts 16:16 And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:

When people think of demon activity in a life, they think of the manifestations in the gospels where children fell on the ground frothing at the mouth. In the case of the damsel in Acts 16:16, she obviously didn't do any of that. They wouldn't have had clients.

As a child, I never fell in the floor frothing at the mouth … but I was bound (held at gunpoint) by a spirit that caused me to do things that were not normal. Even after I gave my life to God, that spirit followed me CLAIMING ownership, and there were times when my wobbly faith went through oppressions that affected my actions. There were times when I was going through my normal day, and all of a sudden, my imagination would start carrying me away with some thoughts, and then right in the middle of those thoughts would be suddenly something of that sin. I finally began to realize that those little imagination trips CAME FROM DEMONS, and I would flat-footedly rebuke that wicked spirit.

Do you remember reading where the demons asked Jesus: “Art thou come to torment us before the time?” (Mat. 8:29). I got to where I would start crying out to Jesus (out loud so they could hear me) “Lord torment them before the time, please, send them on to their torment before their allotted time … don't let them torment me again EVER …” Guess what. God hears the earnest desperate cry of his children! Resist the devil and he will flee!

I remember a good illustration that my uncle gave one time: you can have an animal inside an electric fence pen, and you can cut the wires and set him free … and even remove the wires … but still, when he gets close to the place where the wire was in the past, he will often slow down and pull back in fear. That is kind-of how such bondage is. The demons come back flashing their spears and guns “I still own you!”. Later, you learn to LAUGH IN THEIR FACES! NO YOU DON'T, YOU WICKED SPIRIT, JESUS BOUGHT ME!!!

2012/9/1 12:01Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

THE TEMPTATION PROCESS

Here's something that I wrote a long time ago, trying to figure out how it all works ...

THE TEMPTATION PROCESS:

Mat 12:43 When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.

Mat 12:44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.

Mat 12:45 Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

Eph 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

Eph 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Eph 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

1Ts 5:22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.

1Ts 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1Ts 5:24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

The Bible teaches in 1 Thessalonians 5:23 that we human beings are made up of 3 parts: spirit, soul and body.

The spirit of man which was made for communion with God, conscience open to God, and intuition from God is dormant or basically dead before a person is converted. The soul of man is made up of the mind, the emotions, and the will of man. The body of man has 5 senses (sound, look, smell, taste, feel) and various appetites which are developed in an effort to gratify those 5 senses which are all connected with the mind and the emotions of the soul.

In their initial state as God created them, such appetites are pure and useful to sustain the body and to continue the human race. Appetites for food and drink and other such substances are for the nutrition of the body that it may be sustained. When handled in a pure and wholesome manner these appetites help to preserve the body. The sexual appetite is for the preservation of the human race. When handled according to God's perfect plan (one man with one woman until death), the human race is preserved by the procreation and family nurturing plan that is perfect and best for all involved. Appetites for possessions which gratify the sight of man on a continual basis are good when handled in a manner of contentment with the basic necessities of life.

Before conversion, an evil spirit works from the inside residing in the soul and body of the person. At an early age, that evil spirit starts influencing how the mind and emotions will react to the stimuli that it comes across in life. At an early age such evil spirit starts twisting and distorting the appetites of the person warping them against God's natural plan, enslaving the individual in misused appetites. Due to the fact that such a twisting of appetites begins at such an early age, the person often concludes that he was created in that fashion, as David put it in Psalm 51:5 - Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me. We inherited our our weakness and inclination toward sin from our parents (or rather from Adam and Eve), but God never created nor designed anyone to sin.

That evil spirit knows every button to push in the mind and emotions in order to bring about action from the will of the person. Each person is responsible for his own will, but the evil spirit who knows us from an early age knows very well how to influence our will. He knows by heart the mind's entire archive of image files, sound files, smell files, taste files, and feeling files. Over the years, he develops methods with the individual to temporarily gratify the appetites that he has helped to twist and distort against God's perfect plan.

At conversion, the spirit of man comes ALIVE and is in connection with the Spirit of God. At that point, the man chooses to allow his will to be led by the Spirit of God. His conscience alerts him of any possible danger. He is in communion with God continually, and God even gives him an intuition to avoid future dangers and to guide him into all truth. At that point, that evil spirit is abruptly ousted from his soul and body. He no longer has permission to enter, and is refused access to the heart or emotional center of the person.

After conversion, having years of knowledge and experience of all of the files (image data and emotional wiring, etc.) in the mind and having played the emotions like a master musician plays a harp, and having total knowledge of the control panel of the will, after conversion, he works from the outside, trying feverishly to gain control & entrance again.

In the temptation process, that evil spirit has permission to influence the mind and the emotions which are by nature connected to the body, therefore he can even cause the body to react with physical cravings for the sin, but it is up to the person whether we surrender the will in that intense moment. Many, at that point, give in because they consider the effect on the flesh a signal that God no longer resides inside and they go ahead and give way letting their will be controlled again by the evil spirit. On the other hand, if regardless of the outcry of the flesh, they cry out to God in that moment for help, and resist and reject those sinful inclinations of the flesh, God responds from heaven, and gives the POWER to overcome the temptation.

The flesh will ALWAYS have the ability to crave whatever form of perversion that it was introduced to at youth. It has to be crucified by being DENIED access to the pleasure that it craves.

When the will gives permission to the mind & emotions to cooperate with the distorted appetites of the flesh and gratify the flesh with sinful, already stored memories (whether images, tastes, smells, sounds, or feelings), at that point lust has conceived and brought forth sin, even if the physical act hasn't taken place. For example, the person who once was a drunkard is reminded by the evil spirit of the parties that he once participated in. When the evil spirit drags that memory out of the mind's trash, the person can either continue the train of thought and revel in the past, or reject and refuse it, and throw it back in the trash where it belongs. The same is true of whatever inordinate and twisted appetite: sexual sin, covetousness, bitterness, hatred, etc.

When the evil spirit gets new images, or stimuli to work with, he immediately goes to the trash and tries to revive all of the emotional habits of the past, and connect it with the presently offered perversion. For example, a young man who once wallowed in whoredom is in town. A seductively dressed woman passes by. Immediately, the emotions are alerted. Images and feelings of the past are pulled out of the mind's trash by the evil spirit(or his backup copies) and they are all exploding on the forefront of his attention. The body reacts with cravings for the misuse of an appetite that God created for holy and pure use. AT THAT MOMENT, he can choose to continue to look at her and entertain those feelings and thoughts. When he does so, he has sinned (Mat. 5:27-28). OR, he can cry out to God for help, resist those thoughts, and look the OTHER direction. When he does so God is faithful (1Cor.10:13) to give him the power necessary to look the other direction instead of looking upon her to lust after her. Often, the new Christian feels that because of the explosive moment of temptation, and the reaction of the flesh, he has already sinned. NOT SO, if he rejects and refuses the temptation. Jesus was tempted in all points like as we are yet without sin. He is our example in how that we can reject the temptation and overcome our adversary through His power.

When we are saved, our memory is not erased. Those inordinate and ungodly well formed appetites are still in place for our enemy to try to stimulate (from the outside). As time goes on, and we learn the tactics of our enemy, we learn to immediately reject his temptations, thus continually crucifying the flesh with its affections and lusts, and living and walking in the Spirit and not in the flesh.

The comforting reality is that after we reject his offers, the evil spirit has to depart for a season. Intense temptation is a passing thing:

Luc 4:13 And when the devil had ended all the temptation, he departed from him for a season.

Another wonderful thing is that when we form the habit of rejecting temptation, the intensity and the attempts of the (once controlling) evil spirit eventually become less frequent, and overcoming becomes a way of life.

2012/9/1 13:32Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

Thanks, Approved. Yes, it's copyrighted. Maybe some day I can record it and pass it on to others. GOD GIVES US VICTORY!

2012/9/1 13:35Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

I haven't read this entire thing yet I don't think I need to do so either. I wonder though, for those who believe these acts of nature of act of God are in response to sin what can then be said of typhoons which hit the far east. Even as I speak there is a hurricane headed to Bermuda as well. Some hurricanes form and fade away and pose no threat to land at all.

I am wondering why everything, like this, gets spiritualized because it sounds to me it justifies 'something'. I don't know what or maybe it seems to show that God is doing something? And in these cases a judgment? Please enlightenment on this because I really do see through a fog in understand the mindset on this. It is also a reason why many, who are not Christians, look upon Christianity as ridiculous.

John

2012/9/5 11:43Profile
SkepticGuy

Re:

john this is what i have been saying in this thread. good to meet sum1 who gets it. thats all i will say as this thread got strange once every1 started talking about demons getting transferred from person to person, etc.

2012/9/5 12:53Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

skepticguy

I question alot of things myself and I believe it is too easy to call a devil under every rock every time something 'bad' happens. There has to be a balance because I have seen a number of people go nuts thinking 'the devil did it' type of thing while taking no responsibility for their own actions as well. There has to be that balance.

I made another post about psychology and spiritual warfare goes a little further into a similar but different issue.

2012/9/5 13:09Profile

Re:

I wouldn't wish this upon anyone. Homosexuality is a demon. If one is practising it, then they have a demon.

This whole thing is debatable, only the person who is being set free from them can truly understand and believe that these things are real in both the sinner and the saint. As long as you have nothing in your own life that is not sinful, you'll always remain a skeptic, which is fine, but look at the poor soul that is being tormented day in and day out and all his mind is on is gay sex sex sex all the time, especially being a teen when your hormones are raging and you know that your not normal and you'd like to be and you can't. Tell that person that they don't have some spiritual force in them that is controlling them.

Even when I received Christ into my life, I still had these ragings. They continued on for many years after. I wished that it all stopped at Christ but they didn't. I was just a kid, I didn't know anything. I didn't ask for this. It was thrusted upon me, against my will. Whatever he had, I got.

When a preacher comes along and commands that spirit to come out in the name of Jesus and it leaves and that person is free, and they go off living in that freedom and through time normal feelings develop for the female sex and you want to get married and settle down, do you think that that is the devil doing that? The devil can't heal the heart, mend the broken heart, set at liberty those that are bound. He can't do those things. And then some bright theological brain comes along and says, Christians can't have devils. Tell that to the Christian was bound for years and years, is now set free from homosexuality. He'd tell you you have no idea what your talking about. It's not a theological debate, it's by experience. And as I said, I would not wish this upon anyone because homosexuality is a total twisting of the makeup of a man. It is the apex of iniquity that is produced by pride. When a nation is turned over to such hellish devises and then it's supported, pride has finished it's work.

Some people get set free as soon as they are saved, some do not. I wish it was that way for all.

When Joshua took the children of Israel into the promise land God said that He would deliver Israel from their enemies, little by little. Why? So that Israel would not forget to turn to Him. Each time they faced an army they called upon Him for direction. "He that calleth upon the name of the Lord shall be saved".

When Jesus came unto His own, His own didn't know Him. Which means they were in gross darkness. Devils were being cast out of the Children of God. These were God's chosen people, yet Jesus was casting out devils.

This is not a debate to me, until your bound by some awful sin that you can't shake, and all your told is to read your bible and pray and still those feelings for men overpower your sense of reason and you fight and resist and then you find yourself doing the very thing you hate, it's an awful experience. Your going to reach out for anything and that anything will mean stepping into the realm where most fundamental Churches would shun, the preacher that casts out devils out of Christians.

I've said my peace, I will not reply.

God bless

2012/9/5 14:47
learn

Re:

post deleted

2012/9/5 15:26Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy